Do you use quick travel?

• Total voters

chaos

Pugmaster
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue 3
Personally, I haven't ever used quick travel outside of maybe one play through many many years ago. I still love just walking around everywhere as much as possible.

I actually turned this option off for the first Shenmue (on the re-release). I used it a little bit when I first played Shenmue II though, and I may do it again for the re-release. To me, the Hong Kong setting just never felt as inviting to explore as Yokosuka did.

I'm using it right now in Shenmue 1 to hop back to places that I was main questing in or hanging out at before a certain period of time. I don't mind it so far.

I use it when speedrunning, because it's faster.

I never use it when playing casually. I just enjoy walking everywhere.

I use it when it's appropriate.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff when you always teleport straight into Dobuita, especially kitten stuff. So I tend to avoid that unless I'm on a run where I really just wanna reach some event. I generally like to use it when I go back home to the dojo and then head back into town. It's just quicker to go inside the house and take the warp to Dobuita.

It's not advisable to use quick travel or You will miss events if you use quick travel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can counter that by planning ahead through and not use it when you know an event will trigger soon using a shenmue strategic guide.

Last edited:
Yeah I do on occasions. Depends on what i fancy doing on the day lol

Yes when just loading up a random file to most likely go to arcade. If I had a PAL Dreamcast (serious considerations since I love and play so much Shenmue and Evil Twin and Headhunter), could just load up disc 4 of Shenmue 2 with even more games :/

Otherwise, never during proper story.

Back