Does Shenmue 4 need any Voice Acting ?

It does.

I'd rather the non-Japanese dubs were cut and the game had less npcs and smaller environments just to keep the full voice acting. As somebody mentioned earlier in the thread, Shenmue is a cinematic experience. To be fully immersed in the world I would need full voice acting and not just for cut scenes.

P.S: I think Corey Marshall speaks Japanese, in fact they picked him for the role because he lived in Japan at Shenmue I's time. So, if they dropped English VA (which I'd also do), they could still bring him in another role. Maybe of a foreigner like Mark or Tom.

That would be Eric Kelso and he still lives there.

I remember when I first explored Hermit's Nest in Shenmue III, and realized most of its inhabitants were elderly people, I was really excited because I expected they would remember Iwao and they would tell me lots of interesting things about him. And of course none of that happened, and it probably was because of budget reasons.
Yeah, I didn't hear anything about Iwao from them, but one of the old ladies there hints at an affair she had with Master Fung. So, there's that.

I like cake, but not the icing, nor the frosting, nor the actual cake.

No voice acting equals no Shenmue in my opinion, and if 4 was made with no voice acting it might as well just be released as a Novel or Manga instead of a video game! Which would not be a bad deal since we would at least get to finish the story in a medium that I think most people would prefer to nothing at all. If voice acting is that big of a hurdle just forget making it a game and just give us the story in book form.

...actually--I always take the frosting off of cake..... gimmie the soft sweet bread.

Back