Early Adopters of Switch Lites...

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
I hope you have warranty folks or are extremely lucky. The Ninty Quality is reportedly even somehow worse than the OG switch now with defective D-pads on top of Drifting.

Man, I don't think Imma adopt a switch this gen if the coming soon Switch Pro doesn't 180 this situation. Last chance for ninty to convince me.

Yeah, I'm opting for the OG Switch (revised ed.) myself.
The general downgrade (smaller screen; integrated joy-cons; HDMI absence) isn't worth it here; I'd rather spend the extra $100 and have access to these missing features.

...That doesn't mean the OG Switch isn't overpriced to begin with. Shit should be $250.

Yup, this is Ninty's "Red ring of death(Xbox), Yellow Light of death(PS)" moment this gen. I hope the spotlight really pushes Ninty to give a 3 year warranty at least and/or significantly lower the darn prices overall for such cheap quality build hardwares & accessories. If not, Overhual and give out replacement of the "Fixed" models. I and many others in my situation just cannot easily replace 80 dollars joycons or in switch lite case, 200 dollar consoles so easily.

I hope you have warranty folks or are extremely lucky. The Ninty Quality is reportedly even somehow worse than the OG switch now with defective D-pads on top of Drifting.

Man, I don't think Imma adopt a switch this gen if the coming soon Switch Pro doesn't 180 this situation. Last chance for ninty to convince me.
Over 20% of voters in that resetera thread are claiming to have issues with the D-pad. What on earth is going on?

I bought one on launch day. Can't say I've had a problem with mine (so far)

No Analog Drift...No D Pad Issues....System feels great to me. (touch wood).

I'm absolutely in love with it so far and can't say I've had any issues with mine so far. I've been playing mine every day so far this week and I've yet to run into any problems (for what it's worth)

Man it's shame that Nintendo used to be known for their console quality starting back with the Gameboy. I'm going to ignore the crappy cartridge connectors for the NES though. My first NES (already used) didn't last long because of this (ended up getting a Sega Genesis as a replacement), and all the NES consoles I tried to play on at other people's homes had issues booting because of this, so I hardly got to play NES games because of it back then. It was rare to hear about any of their consoles having problems too besides that. As far back as I remember, this started with the early 3DS batches having bad hinges and what not. They really fell in love with that cheap labor over the recent years sadly. It seems really frustrating consider how expensive Nintendo consoles are and their games that are never cheap or go down much in price.

Last edited:
Man it's shame that Nintendo used to be known for their console quality starting back with the Gameboy. I'm going to ignore the crappy cartridge connectors for the NES though. My first NES (already used) didn't last long because of this (ended up getting a Sega Genesis as a replacement), and all the NES I tired to play on at other people's homes had issues booting because of this, so I hardly got to play NES game because of it. It was rare to hear about any of their consoles having problems too besides that. As far back as I remember, this started with the early 3DS batches having bad hinges and what not. They really fell in love with that cheap labor over the recent years sadly. It seems really frustrating consider how expensive Nintendo consoles are and their games that are never cheap or go down much in price.

That's the sad reality. When Ninty was market leader they built some of the sturdiest long-lasting hardware on the market. Now that they're only a fraction of the market share they riding on cheap labor/parts to keep themselves in buisness while coasting on brand image to sell. This is going to hurt them PR wise and damage their brand image quality if they don't remedy it asap.

I agree. I don't want them to end up like Sony that had that whole DRE issue with the early model PS2s at the rate they are going right now. Frustrating. It was already bad enough that the Switch Lite has no HDMI out or something like that too, but that is another story. Would be tempting to get on in that case.

I agree. I don't want them to end up like Sony that had that whole DRE issue with the early model PS2s at the rate they are going right now. Frustrating. It was already bad enough that the Switch Lite has no HDMI out or something like that too, but that is another story. Would be tempting to get on in that case.

I wouldn't be so harsh if replacing them was so cheapily available, but 200 bucks a console pop or 80 bucks a joycon is just not consumer friendly.

I put warranty on my Nintendo switch hardly used it. Wondering if antone knows online warranty sites i can use? Besides this retail store warranty? I got it because i was being kind to a GameStop employee.

i know there is a websitevi can use but forgot the name...

Aren't we overreacting? I mean they dont have the xbox 360 and PS3/PS4 problem that literally kill your console. There are just a few issues with a few consoles in the first production.

I have seen some people who obviously broke their Switch Lite on purpose (no, seriously, I saw one post where the joy stick was cut in half).

The joy-con drift sucks, but it's also not as widespread as something like the RROD. And for OG Switch, it's cheap to fix if you know how, and if not, it's easy to replace. Lite on the other hand is a different story. I HIGHLY doubt that the drift some people claim they have is the same drift regular controllers get after a year... I vote for some weird malfunction for a minority of units.

Yikes I get people favor Sega in this forum but drift was a rare issue in the first revision and likely manufactured outrage in this case considering where the data is coming from. I mean 250 is already them taking a large loss just to make it cheaper.

Back