Eiyuden Chronicles Kickstarter

I finally got my code in a box for the GOG backer version. Got a little pressed a for minute when it initially showed that I couldn't download the game because it hasn't been released yet, but apparently it needed to be set to the pre-release branch.

About to start the process of replaying all the beta stuff, but since the actual release date is tomorrow, I'm kind of debating just waiting ~12 hours in case it doesn't automatically update to the retail branch with any release date updates that might come in. I actually ended up finishing Dragon Quest XI in the time I was waiting for this to get delivered (even got through most of the 'post-game'), and have been kind of excited to start this up again, though.

I made a very stupid decision to pre-order the switch version. I learned yesterday that the game has been postponed. I have to wait a whole month when everyone is playing. Even the digital switch owners are playing now... It's not fair. I can't believe they did that to us. :(

Oof, bummer. I remember seeing something about the delay for the physical Switch version a month ago or so in the backer updates. I thought they were maybe giving out codes for digital copies (Steam, maybe?) for backers who selected the Switch physical version, though. Did they not do that?

I got a notice that my PS4 copy from my other pledge is being shipped now. It's the JP version, so I don't know if they had to send it from a Japanese distributor first, but they did say it would take longer to get out of region versions, anyway. I don't even have a PS4, but it'll go with my Shenmue III backer copy.

Really wondering how long it's going to be before they actually send out notices for selecting other backer rewards. I expected for things to go not quite as smoothly as they had initially presented in the Kickstarter campaign, but I am a little surprised that it's release day and they haven't said "boo" about the other physical rewards in well over a year.

Back