Favorite Games of the Generation?

like a lot of you stated, all the tomb rader games this gen were awesome, they really did a good job at rebooting the series.

the only game i dont understand the love for is devil may cry 5.. maybe its because i'm not a fan but i didn't really get it.

Last edited:
1 shenmue 1&2 (thanks to this port i have discovered the franchise)
2 shenmue 3
3 judgement
4 yakuza zero
5 yakuza kiwami 1&2
6 red dead redemption 2
7 tekken 7
8mortal kombat
9 heavy rain
10 fall guys

I dont play a lot of new game I prefer old game they were more fun but that's my list

My favourite games that I've played from this generation so far are:

Kingdome Come Deliverance
Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-PC-miễn-phí-1.jpg
Best Rpg that I've played since the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.
It as a great story; great music; great gameplay and super immersive beautifull world.

Alien Isolation
apps.61444.14362558931724774.37f43c0c-c8ea-416b-9b9a-ec2cd8aea963.jpeg
This game is an absolute homage to the original Alien movie.
They nailed the vibe of the movie in every way.
One of the most immersive and terrifying experiences I've had in a video game.
Loved it from start to finish in a good and bad way 🤣.

The Last of Us Remastered
1557504532-the-last-of-us-remastered-thumbnail2-31ea.jpg
I wasn't expecting to like this game as much as I did because of being another Zombie game; but the story of Joel and Ellie grabbed me and it never let go until the very end.
Another great experience.
I haven't played part 2 and dont know if I ever will considering were the story went; but maybe I will give it a chance in the future if I ever get in the mood for it.

HellBlade Senua's Sacrifice
hellblade.jpg

Best Audio experience I've ever had in a video game; an absolute must play with headphones.
Great Story and visual experience as well.

Detroit Become Human
71chGZXs3BL._SS500_.jpg
Another game that I wasn't totally sure if I would enjoy; but considering the fact that I'm a fan of the Blade Runner movies and that I picked it up at a good price; I decided to give it a go.
Well turned out to be that I loved the game from start to finish and didn't play anything else until I got to the end.
It was a great experience that made me emotionally invested in the stories of the main characters and their companions; so much so that it made me tear up a few times.

Ghost of Tsushima
images.jpeg
Probably my favourite game of this generation.
It has a great story; great gameplay; great atmosphere; the most beautifull open world in a video game so far; good soundtrack.
Amazing attention to detail that made me immerse in its world and believe I was in the time of Feudal Japan and the Samurai.

Shenmue 3
header.jpg
The game that resurrected my favourite video game series of all times.
Loved my experience with Shenmue 3 specially gameplay wise.
Loved the aspect of having a daily routine of training martial arts to get stronger; of having to work to earn money to eat; to explore its amazingly beautifull and well crafted world where everything felt connected by having meaning and purpose to exist; I only wished it could have had more story and that its side characters could have been more fleshed out.
Overhaul it was an amazing experience specially because it maintained its Shenmue essence.
I dont consider Shenmue 3 a perfect game nor the best in the series; but the funny thing is that the more I play it the more I love it.
"I believe there is good to be found in imperfection."

Shenmue 1&2 HD
header (1).jpg
I don't know how many times I've played these games for the past 18 years; all I know is that they are a part of my life and a part of me.
They have helped me deal with my mothers death and during all of these years I got a job; met my wife; I have had a Son that is now 7 years old; they have been around in the good; the bad and the most important moments of my life.
So no matter in what gaming generation we are in they will always be on that list until the day I die.

Last edited:
like a lot of you stated, all the tomb rader games this gen were awesome, they really did a good job at rebooting the series.

the only game i dont understand the love for is devil may cry 5.. maybe its because i'm not a fan but i didn't really get it.
I don't understand the love for DMC5 either, I found it ridiculously linear - considering how heavily FF13 was bashed for this I can't see how DMC5 gets a free ride. It got to the point to where I could even predict every encounter before it would happen. Also the loading times were unbearable! Especially prior to the missions and going to the shop and set-up menus.

I'm glad it didn't repeat the same content multiple times like DMC4 but it wasn't a stand out experience to me unlike everyone else's reception of 9/10s

I don't understand the love for DMC5 either, I found it ridiculously linear - considering how heavily FF13 was bashed for this I can't see how DMC5 gets a free ride. It got to the point to where I could even predict every encounter before it would happen. Also the loading times were unbearable! Especially prior to the missions and going to the shop and set-up menus.

I'm glad it didn't repeat the same content multiple times like DMC4 but it wasn't a stand out experience to me unlike everyone else's reception of 9/10s
The load times were half the reason I quit and never finished. Maybe I’ll give it another look through the PS5 version. The SSD should make those load times more bearable.

other than that, I remember non fussed by what I played. So maybe I won’t give it another chance. I don’t know, may or may not give it one more chance on PS5

Comparing a game from a hack n slash action series that has almost entirely been linear to a game from an RPG series that tends to have a ton of exploration or at the very least towns and an overworld map between dungeons...it’s apples and oranges. DMC5 gets rightful praise for being pretty much the best parts of every game that came beforehand, with all the depth to the combat and upgrades and variety between the different characters, plus the over the top campy action and dumb plot, etc. And the music is great, too.

Comparing a game from a hack n slash action series that has almost entirely been linear to a game from an RPG series that tends to have a ton of exploration or at the very least towns and an overworld map between dungeons...it’s apples and oranges. DMC5 gets rightful praise for being pretty much the best parts of every game that came beforehand, with all the depth to the combat and upgrades and variety between the different characters, plus the over the top campy action and dumb plot, etc. And the music is great, too.
Stoled my words. Gimme them back

Shenmue I&II
Shenmue III
Judgment

Yeah... that's it. Every other game I played was a blur for me. I didn't find this generation that particularly exciting or memorable. God I miss the 6th gen. Those were the days.

Forgot RDR2 too :LOL:

Shenmue I&II
Shenmue III
Judgment

Yeah... that's it. Every other game I played was a blur for me. I didn't find this generation that particularly exciting or memorable. God I miss the 6th gen. Those were the days.
What did you play?

Most voted (honorable mentions are 0.5)
Shenmue 3 7
Shenmue I & II HD 7
Yakuza 0 6
Yakuza 6 4
The last guardian 4
Red Dead Redemption 2 3
The witcher 3 3
TLOU 2 3
Persona 5 3
Ghost of Tsushima 3
Life is strange 2.5
Zelda BOTW 2.5

Last edited:
Forgot RDR2 too :LOL:

What did you play?
This whole generation? Too many to count but on top of my head the biggest games I played were:
Ryse: Son of Rome
Sunset Overdrive
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight
DOOM 2016
The Last Guardian
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
Assassins' Creed Syndicate
Just Cause 3
Shenmue I&II
Shenmue III
Judgment
RDR2
Days Gone
God of War
Spider-Man
Final Fantasy VII Remake

I had fun with some of the games in the list, but most of them were a blur really. Just those three I mentioned were the games I absolutely loved.

Last edited:
Back