Favourite details from the character profiles?

ShenGCH

Who the fuck is Coco, bitch?!
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
From Ryo Hazuki, Iwao Hazuki, and Lan Di, all the way to the likes of Genzo Todaka, Hiroki Tahashi, and Hajime Sato (I know what you're thinking: "who?"), the character profiles are chock full of all kinds of interesting information that players would never know without doing their research, but which ultimately add depth to even the most innocuous of the cast. Are there any details for any of the characters that you are especially fond of?

My favourite detail comes from the character profile of Kiminari Masawa, one of the Mad Angels, which states he "makes it a rule to wear his jacket next to his skin." The fact that Yu Suzuki went to the trouble of writing detailed profiles for seventy gang members alone, the vast majority of whom are nothing more than pins in a bowling alley, is incredible, but that one detail, in particular, has always stuck out to me. I think my fondness for this detail comes from how personal and meaningful this particular ritual is to him, as opposed to concerning something regarding his upbringing or life prior to joining the gang. Ever since learning of this, I always keep an eye out for him during the big brawl.

Funny Bear Burger boss doing dirt to set up shop:

"Before he started up his hamburger business, he used to be a banker, but he resigned from the bank he joined after graduating college. Interestingly, his old boss from the bank he used to work at supplied the start-up and running capital for his burger business as Motoyuki seemed to know something about him that gives him a little leverage."

Funny Bear Burger boss doing dirt to set up shop:

"Before he started up his hamburger business, he used to be a banker, but he resigned from the bank he joined after graduating college. Interestingly, his old boss from the bank he used to work at supplied the start-up and running capital for his burger business as Motoyuki seemed to know something about him that gives him a little leverage."
Something along the lines of having in his possession a set of photographs of his old boss dressed as Little Red Riding Hood sitting on his knees in the middle of a circle of guys as they give him the ol' "hot glue" treatment?

If someone could scour the game's files for these, I would be most grateful.

Something along the lines of having in his possession a set of photographs of his old boss dressed as Little Red Riding Hood sitting on his knees in the middle of a circle of guys as they give him the ol' "hot glue" treatment?
There's a Yakuza 2 side mission I'm now thinking.

The guy who walks around Dobuita dressed in a suit and holding a briefcase.

I remember his bio mentioned how he lost his job and is too ashamed to tell his wife. So every day he leaves home pretending to go to the office, then proceeds to waste time walking around Dobuita until its late.

This is him

1545935055-yedg522hsp621.jpg

Yeah, that's it! :D

The guy who walks around Dobuita dressed in a suit and holding a briefcase.

I remember his bio mentioned how he lost his job and is too ashamed to tell his wife. So every day he leaves home pretending to go to the office, then proceeds to waste time walking around Dobuita until its late.
When the money starts to run out, he will have to resort to turning tricks in that little alley next to the car park. I can just picture walking past there on my way to the bus stop only to see him on his knees, eating Shinkichi-san's arse while that dude from the mahjong parlour watches on as he whacks his bag in exchange for 1200 yen. Easy money, I say.

Hey guys! Great topic! Couldn’t help feeling like it sounded like you guys weren’t aware of our mobile app “Suka Pass” though! You can read all 337 characters profiles on there, saving you taking photos of your old guide books :)

Instructions to download the app here: https://www.sukapass.com

As far as favourite profiles! I quite like Mari’s the Tomato Convience lady at the harbor, I like that her character in the game references her back story aswell, this shows how deep the detail was in designing these characters when she talks to Ryo about going singing!

B822E40E-2C0E-4124-8AB5-EA7739A392B0.jpeg
7F757D31-3AC5-4C92-B962-35EE3286CD37.jpeg

It’s also amazing that even the animals had back stories lol, like even the Seagull lol :LOL:

FA12BF7A-17A2-476A-B058-48E2DA3FBEC9.jpeg

Attachments

• 1C54B499-40FE-492C-92C1-4D8023A6976B.png
    1C54B499-40FE-492C-92C1-4D8023A6976B.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back