Fighting Lan Di for the first time + Ending LIVE REACTION!!!

For once, the music was totally on point.

I wish the three underlings were more story-developed. Their charadesign and the concept of Lan Di's sub-bosses with their own martial style continue to fascinate me. It's like I was not playing Shenmue 3 but the end of Shenmue 4.

Despite the flaws, I remember I did have the same big smile on my face.

For once, the music was totally on point.

I wish the three underlings were more story-developed. Their charadesign and the concept of Lan Di's sub-bosses with their own martial style continue to fascinate me. It's like I was not playing Shenmue 3 but the end of Shenmue 4.

Despite the flaws, I remember I did have the same big smile on my face.

I swear the long white haired dude was modeled after Hideo Kojima lol :ROFLMAO:

Thought you guys would be interested in seeing my live reaction to finally fighting Lan Di and the Ending.

That first strike Ryo did to the old guy thats a Bajiquan and Xingyi move that breaks a person's lower ribcage using upper double palm strike. Wang had that move in Tekken also I think Leroy Smith in Tekken 7

What initially just looks like a push but its based on spring/coil power or Fa jin (internal)

Dai style Xingyi refers to it as Cannon Fist / Pao Quan (not an actual military 'cannon', but the description of waves crashing against the riverbank rocks. Used to block and crush somone's ribcage. 6:20 in this vid:

Last edited:
Guess I missed this when you first posted it. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed the way that the final battle with Lan Di played out. You were a lot more forgiving of his opening dialogue though. Iirc, I was both laughing and angry at how bad a match the new voice is for the character.

Shenmue never fails to have some really impressive moments.

What's almost as cool as fighting a bad guy on a rooftop? Fighting them inside a burning castle, of course.

For all Shenmue 3 flaws the Lan Di fight scene was pretty awesome. I can't speak for anyone else but for me time stopped. I wish the three sub bosses weren't such jokes but its not that big a deal. I also wish there was a little more meat in the bone but the outcome is what I expected, Lan Di handing Ryo his ass.

Guess I missed this when you first posted it. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed the way that the final battle with Lan Di played out. You were a lot more forgiving of his opening dialogue though. Iirc, I was both laughing and angry at how bad a match the new voice is for the character.
I think I was a little bit in denial at first, I had a guy watching me play throughout and he kept talking about how trash Lan Di's english voice was so the low expectations may have softened the blow for me. After sleeping on it though, decided that hated it and ripped his voice in my review of the game lol

Shenmue never fails to have some really impressive moments.

What's almost as cool as fighting a bad guy on a rooftop? Fighting them inside a burning castle, of course.
Wish it was longer though.

For all Shenmue 3 flaws the Lan Di fight scene was pretty awesome. I can't speak for anyone else but for me time stopped. I wish the three sub bosses weren't such jokes but its not that big a deal. I also wish there was a little more meat in the bone but the outcome is what I expected, Lan Di handing Ryo his ass.
The sub bosses should've been free battles, hard ones, probably would've saved some budget too.

That first strike Ryo did to the old guy thats a Bajiquan and Xingyi move that breaks a person's lower ribcage using upper double palm strike. Wang had that move in Tekken also I think Leroy Smith in Tekken 7

What initially just looks like a push but its based on spring/coil power or Fa jin (internal)

Dai style Xingyi refers to it as Cannon Fist / Pao Quan (not an actual military 'cannon', but the description of waves crashing against the riverbank rocks. Used to block and crush somone's ribcage. 6:20 in this vid:

Hebei Xingyiquan tiger form has this move as well:

Back