Final Fantasy VII Remake

Is there any info about release date of part 2? Any chance they do it this year?

For those that have a PS5, if you already have a finished save file can you do the Intermission DLC at any point or do I have to play through the story again to run into Yuffie's part?

Is there any info about release date of part 2? Any chance they do it this year?

I believe supposedly we're supposed to get some news about Part 2 this year on when to expect it. I hope we get a release this year.

For those that have a PS5, if you already have a finished save file can you do the Intermission DLC at any point or do I have to play through the story again to run into Yuffie's part?
Intermission is entirely standalone and accessed via the main menu, so you don’t even need to have started the main story to play it. If you’re upgrading from the PS4 version though, you will need to boot up the game on PS4 and upload your save file in order to import your save file into the PS5 version. I guess if you’re mid-playthrough this might not be too bad, but if you just want to complete the extra battle sim challenge (which becomes available after completing Intermission) it can mean having to redownload the entire game rather than just copy/pasting the save file over.

I have never played Final Fantasy before and typically stay away from JRPGs. I did really enjoy the demo and initially downloaded the PS4 version that was free for Plus users. I heard we are now eligible for free PS5 upgrade so might finally give this a crack.

Last edited:
Aaalright I finished the game. I enjoyed it, but I have to say the last 5 hours were a bit too long imo. I felt like they were trying to make it the longest possible. Maybe I'm biased because I knew they took a small part of the original in terms of time, but anyway. Waiting for the 2nd part.
Come on Jessie is alive I know it dont play bullshit on me Square enix

Aaalright I finished the game. I enjoyed it, but I have to say the last 5 hours were a bit too long imo. I felt like they were trying to make it the longest possible. Maybe I'm biased because I knew they took a small part of the original in terms of time, but anyway. Waiting for the 2nd part.
Come on Jessie is alive I know it dont play bullshit on me Square enix

Yeah a lot of the levels after Chapter 13 felt unnecessarily long and what really held it together overall for me was the intrigue of the changes to the timeline. I think where the game is best is when it expands on what existed already. For example, the assault on Sector 7 was reimagined masterfully. However when the game introduced new events or scenarios only half of them were successful. That said it's easily the best Final Fantasy since IX.

This game was a masterpiece with the original. And, this remake has done it justice and beyond. Can't wait to get a PS5 to play intergrade DLC story.

The whispers is basically the planet (IMHO) talking to the ancients and trying to prevent the chaos that's pending. Aerith speaking to them and knowing the events is why she is pushing forward. Knowing I think even then she is going back to the planet. The reality warp or "dual" timeline is being played out before us but it's really Cloud's "fake" memories. Sephy appearance is just in Cloud's head since he was the first person since Zack and Sephiroth to receive Jenova's cells and body to not reject it. Hence combining him and Sephy's connection. This also means Aerith can see Sephiroth as well. Just not anyone else outside Cloud. But, I will admit there is gonna be a remix to the story. And, I believe it's gonna be better than the original. They are tying in the FF7 reemergence from 2005 into the games as well. For the ones who weren't a fan of the original, you wouldn't fully understand the changes or the magnitude of what they are trying to do. Nor the immense pressure that is on them to be as good as the original. The whispers are just merely fate. And their attempts to stop them from changing the course of action and in a way (I have no insider info, just speculation) are trying to prevent them from changing destiny. But, their interfering with destiny has made matters worst. Still haven't figured out yet how Sephiroth stopped being a memory and becoming reality. Perhaps it was the whispers way of trying to tell you without telling you if you keep on you will unleash something that can't be stopped: Sephiroth.

Last edited:
i do not think so. Kitase said a the beginning of 21 that they start working on according to plan but we have not heard anything new since then. We might good some info about the game this year but I seriously doubt that it will be released in 22. Square is going to focus more on Ff16 i think. And Remake part 2 won't come out before the release of 16. And we do not even know when 16 is going to come out. it.

i do not think so. Kitase said a the beginning of 21 that they start working on according to plan but we have not heard anything new since then. We might good some info about the game this year but I seriously doubt that it will be released in 22. Square is going to focus more on Ff16 i think. And Remake part 2 won't come out before the release of 16. And we do not even know when 16 is going to come out. it.
Yea but we have to put on the table the fact that FVII remake it's more advanced. They did the part 1, so part of the map its already done. Obv they will use the same engine, and the story it's already written. Yeah they can add stuff like they did in part 1, but they dont have to start from 0 like FXVI. So I think it's more "easy" to make a part 2 sooner.

You got a point. Many assets of FF 7 are already done and could be used for part 2 again. So in theory it should be easy to pruduce part 2 faster. I do not have any inside information of course. Was just guessing that it will take some time till the game gets released based on the fact that we do not any substantial info on part 2 in 2021. But maybe things are moving faster than expected eventually.. i would not rule that possibility out.

Last edited:
Yeah also as soon as they finished FF7 Remake they began working on Part II immediately so hopefully the game is on the horizon. I do think 2022 might be aggressive but I'm hoping in 2023. Fingers crossed because I think at this point the general audience is clamoring more for FF7R Part II than FF XVI.

But, I will admit there is gonna be a remix to the story. And, I believe it's gonna be better than the original.

Yeah really looking forward to how the storyline will diverge now. Which begs the question, what are everyone's thoughts on
Aerith's fate now? I like that they successfully engineered suspense on whether Aerith lives or dies. Ultimately I hope they still stick to her death.

Yeah really looking forward to how the storyline will diverge now. Which begs the question, what are everyone's thoughts on
Aerith's fate now? I like that they successfully engineered suspense on whether Aerith lives or dies. Ultimately I hope they still stick to her death.
Her death has to remain in the story. it loses its meaning if they change that. I hope they do what they did with advent children which is where I believe they will do with aerith still talking to him throughout his life due to their connections. That would pull the heartstrings. I think she knows kinda her death is coming. I think is the keyword. It's heavily implied.

I begin to believe that thanks to the SSD of PS5, next game will cover all the entire disc 1 of PS1.

Starting to look like the rumor mill is that part 2 gonna be PS5 only. Which sucks considering how hard it is for people to get their hands on a PS5.

Starting to look like the rumor mill is that part 2 gonna be PS5 only. Which sucks considering how hard it is for people to get their hands on a PS5.
I think that's for sure, Yuffie dlc already is. I don't have a PS5, as you say, very difficult at the moment.

So the name isnt even Final Fantasy Remake Part 2 but Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth ...
and they said there is a specific reason why the new parts / games wont have the word remake in it.
Which means the word Remake in the title of part 1 doesnt stand for "we re just remaking the original game",
instead it means the part is actually remaking the original timeline.
And now FF7 Rebirth is freed from the chains of the original storyline,
thats why they are already starting with these "What is real and what isnt, concentrate on the future,
we can still change all of this" phrases.
This is going to be some meta storyline where they are building a new outcome on top of the original.

More power to those who actually like it but man…what a train wreck. When I picture the same thing happening to one of my favorite games, between the many years waiting and all the milking of it and with hardly any information I just get pissed off and I haven’t even played most of the original FF7 firsthand.

We got a new trailer yesterday

and also a very vague timeframe for the release.

The trailer was interesting so to speak but I could not see any visual improvements compared to part 1. That's a pity but if I am completely honest it is foolish to expect a jump in graphics fidelity these days.

it is no real big deal because part 1 already looked quite nice.

Back