Currently playing
Minesweeper
XBL
Mittens2317
Steam
Mittens2317
My last post also contains my first post as a quote, so that's cool:

My first ever post on the Dojo, dated January 7th, 2006:

Hey, i'm new 2 these forums so I thought that i'd better get started ASAP, which I did.

By now everybody has seen the picture of the four Chi You Men leaders, most of which are blanked out but you can make three of them out easily:

I can't seem to add the picture of the leaders so could somebody post in their post ? It would help.

The one in the middle is obviously Lan Di, the one next to him who is blacked out is Ziming Hong, the one who has her legs showing is Niao Sun, but the one on the left of Lan Di is unknown, so lets give suggestions and get the ball rolling.

eusa_doh.gif

My last ever post on the Dojo, which will be this very one, dated July 26th, 2018:

See you motherfuckers in Hong Kong
icon_biggrin.gif

Official Shenmue Saturn petition!

Great news, fans: Yu Suzuki has kindly agreed on principle to release the source code for the Sega Saturn prototype of Shenmue, on the condition that we create one thread here on the Shenmue Dojo forum to act as a petition.

This is that thread!

If we can get just 25 unique signatures below, that source code will be distributed via the next Shenmue 3 Kickstarter update, which also serves as the deadline. Otherwise Suzuki-san will take the failure as a lack of interest and delete all assets relating to the prototype forever.

I know that as a community we can do this, so get ready, get set, and go make this thread the biggest in Shenmue Dojo history!
w3_thumb.gif

PS: Also free ice cream for everyone, and all our childhood pets will be brought back to life.

Here's mine

Thanks for the memories old dojo. The new website will be awesome

It was my 200th post. Good way to finish.

Apparently I was just banging on about music in films.

Personally, my favourite examples are Spoilers for Battle Royale incoming

with the use of Bach's Air.

The Earth Angel scene in Back To The Future is something I find to be superb with how it manages to tell a whole story in the space of one two minute song with so much at stake, and that sweeping finale always makes me smile.

The future Council scene in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure always gets me as well, for some reason.

But perhaps one of, if not my favourite is from Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb. Just for the pure contrast of the song and the imagery.

The annoying thing as well, is that in doing this I finally remembered my old password for my old profile.

You don't want to read my final Old Dojo post, so don't click on the spoiler button below. I was in full-on troll rant mode, which, I suppose, was a fitting end. As Mr. Frozen summarized it:
Wall of text

I'm just so so very happy -- I can't even tell you -- that the Fates saw fit to end my 15-year reign of absurdity on a Mr. T.

For history, for posterity, I present my last post at the Old Shenmue Dojo:

^ We're monarchists trying to restore the Qing Dynasty in China, the Bonapartes in Europe.

There's no such thing as liberals and conservatives. There are only surviving adventurers, among whom some will tell you otherwise.

MJMW wrote:You haven't explained why you hate the alt-right, you just throw the usual buzzwords like 'fascist' and 'racist'. Why is it fascist to want to preserve your nation's identity? Isn't it fascist to deny those people a right to their identity?

Because a nation's identity isn't preserved; it's made in the here and now as it actually is. The purpose of all legitimate government is to safeguard the self-evident rights of and administer a system of justice for all the people living within the territory under its charge (all the people, whereas citizens enjoy the privileges afforded by the various machines of government to effect the general will of those organically tied to the nation), not to regulate who may travel and migrate where, when, and why.

As you know, fascism is a political theory that aims to establish total control over the means of production of a territory by a council of corporate owners in official collusion with state-sponsored labor unions. It can only achieve such control precisely by determining who may travel and do business, where, when, and why. Laws that attempt to unreasonably regulate freedom of commerce and movement are incompatible with the de facto American traditional constitution as well as the written constitution of 1789. Classical liberal political theory is the opposite of fascism, promoting free business, freedom of movement, and self-government.

Many self-proclaimed "alt-right" organizations have repeatedly and explicitly called for laws that regulate the right of citizens, foreigners, and migrants, to freely travel, trade, make contracts, by reporting falsehoods such as migrants in and of themselves affecting elections, undercutting local workers, or straining the resources of North America. All of these concerns are not supported by the facts. U.S. elections have remarkably few incidents of fraudulent voting (and remarkably few citizens choose to vote in the first place); local workers are not undercut by migrants, but by their neighbors who own local means of production and choose not to employ citizens (the governments of the U.S. could deter migration by enforcing existing laws that favor the employment of and ownership by citizens, or support cooperatives, etc); American resources would not nearly be strained by even a billion new workers (were American resources stretched so thin as to be seriously affected by ~15 million migrants, the reproduction of citizens would be a major problem). Furthermore, many self-proclaimed "alt-right" organizations and spokesmen have repeatedly and explicitly supported white supremacy, thereby unreasonably and illiberally tying race to the concept of a nation. This is a clear rejection of the classical liberal principle that a legitimate government ought only act as administrator for all people living within its territory, and not function as a regulative authority that determines a preeminent race, gender, type, or whatever. The liberal principle of equality before the law places an implicit limit on any state against legislation that treats unequally people living or traveling within its jurisdiction.

To put this idea into context, the problem with mass migration is emphatically not that migrants are entering and working in the U.S. freely, but that there is no reciprocity enjoyed by U.S. citizens in those migrants' countries of origin. Classical liberalism would compel the federal government of the U.S. to always endeavor to work with governments throughout the world toward opening up and safeguarding all lands for American business ownership and labor. Opportunity doesn't grow behind walls; fencing in the world is a recipe for poverty and stagnation -- the late Soviet Union's demise should teach anyone that.

President Trump is not an "alt-right" president, by the above definitions. But the term "alt-right" means many things, just as the "left" means many things, depending on who you ask. Trump was elected for one reason, at most two: a majority of the American electorate never supported the Mexican Wall, as evidenced by every reputable poll since the question has been asked. Americans and Mexicans would rather build a huge beautiful Mall on the Rio Grande and get rich together, wipe out the drug cartels together, and work together to produce and profitably sell more goods than the EU and China. Rather, Trump was elected in order to do as much damage to the bureaucratic Party machine as possible in four years, because most Americans feel the Parties no longer represent anyone's will, never mind the general will. Just ask Bernie supporters about that. Trump is indeed causing catastrophic damage to the establishment, which will create an unique opportunity to fix everything when the smoke clears. The cost of revolution? The sick may not get the healthcare they need, the old may lose security, the young may lose benefits that put them at a disadvantage on the global market. All of these costs suck, and they are why I don't support revolution, but gradual change. Trump was secondarily elected to establish fair trade with China by successfully waging a trade war by raising tariffs in order to force China back to the negotiating table. The cost? Possibly sparking a world war or another revolution in China that will destabilize Asia again for fifty years.

Radicals are radicals. There is no such thing as an "alternate right". There's not even a "right" or "left". There's people who want to help other people, and some who don't. There's people who don't care about the destruction they may cause, and there's people who do. Alternate anything is essentially going to be a radical movement, and radical movements are irresponsible and illiberal, and are openly hostile to the ideal of self-government, in favor of total government. Anytime a group demands that a government -- under their exclusive control -- decides who the people are -- rather than the people, the state -- they are advocating for the separation of people and state. That's why you'll rarely see a political party call for referendums, or if they do, the results will be as tightly regulated as nearly every large election or ballot question -- as improbable as it may seem, voters everywhere, every time, at every territorial scale, no matter the decision, miraculously resolve into our banal 21st century ~50%/50% "democratic" result.

Does that clarify my opinion? I haven't text-walled in years. Really cleans you out, but it also chafes, which sensation I detest.

TL;DR: Shenmue teaches children a lot about virtue and politics. For example, Ryo is able to travel freely from Yokosuka, Japan, to British Hong Kong, with minimal red tape, whereupon he is able to quickly become an employed resident with the aid of local charities. He then spends his time helping out the community, while pursuing his own dreams. That's what life is supposed to be -- an honorable adventure where we belong wherever we can contribute, and everyone recognizes themselves in each other.

TBored;DR:
new_usa.gif
=
MrT.gif

Well, it's never too late.

Back