Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

Is there any point in buying the most expensive rod at Super Tackle? I just bought it, went to the nearest fishing spot and got one of the worst hauls ever... so I really only made about 20 Yuan... which was annoying!

Is there any point in buying the most expensive rod at Super Tackle? I just bought it, went to the nearest fishing spot and got one of the worst hauls ever... so I really only made about 20 Yuan... which was annoying!

N6.png

Try this spot. Less of a cast and more fish. I always buy the most expensive rod, but it is a wonder if it makes a difference.

On another note I believe the fishing compendium is almost complete. The Niaowu section has been filled out but I have a few questions. Am I missing any fishing spots? Do these two ever become available:

N1 Mystery.png
Near the Pier. Maybe the guy fishing there knocked the sign down to keep the spot for himself.

N2 Mystery.png
Liu Jiao Shrine

Anyways, if anyone finds any problems let me know.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh okay. I also just read that the signs remain crooked and that comment helped a lot. Thank you.

(Not sure if I posted this is a previous thread so sorry)

So I just completed both trophy regarding the fishing in bailu and niaowu ....all fishing spots in both locations. I'm wondering why the adept angler trophy hasn't popped yet?

So I just completed both trophy regarding the fishing in bailu and niaowu ....all fishing spots in both locations. I'm wondering why the adept angler trophy hasn't popped yet?

You need to catch 1,000 fish.

Easiest and quickest is the pond in Bailu, near... can't remember the name right now (see the first post in this thread).

Easiest and quickest is the pond in Bailu, near... can't remember the name right now (see the first post in this thread).

But I already have the 1000 fish trophy prior to getting all the fishing locations in bailu and naiowu. Just doesn't make no sense. I managed to get both bailu and naiowu fishing spots on ng+, but I managed to get the trophy for 1000 fishes on the original run. Ugh this sucks. I've been looking all over for an answer.

Ugh, I got my trophy names mixed up my apologies.

Did you fish in BOTH spots at the Save Shenmue location?

Wich one is the best one in Niaowu? I think that the little beach behind the shrine but not sure

Hi there,

Looking at the fishing spots lists in the first message of this thread, I can't seem to find any mention of this particular fish in the list of available fishes for each spot:
Huchon Japonais.png
Only caught one so I don't know if it's pretty rare or not but I found it behind the save Shenmue Temple by fishing on the spot on the right of the platform.

Name is in french on the screenshot so I don't know the equivalent in english in the game, but it looks like a very long trout and the real life equivalent is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakhalin_taimen
Seems that it is nearly extinct in real life so I have a bad feeling about fishing this one now, haha!

Anyone caught one of these as well?

--------

And since I'm here, as there seems to be no record for Rainbow Trout yet on this thread, here's my contribution:
Truite arc-en-ciel.png

Last edited:
Huchen and Taimen are two different species, but it looks like they indeed included the Huchen.

They are both indigenous, steppes-Asia trout and they are the biggest in the trout family (well, the Taimen is).

EDIT* Whoa, there's an entirely DIFFERENT Huchen? THAT'S the one they added (clicked on your link).

Hell, I have to get back to Japan just for the fishing, at this point XD

Hi there,

Looking at the fishing spots lists in the first message of this thread, I can't seem to find any mention of this particular fish in the list of available fishes for each spot:
View attachment 6621
Only caught one so I don't know if it's pretty rare or not but I found it behind the save Shenmue Temple by fishing on the spot on the right of the platform.

Name is in french on the screenshot so I don't know the equivalent in english in the game, but it looks like a very long trout and the real life equivalent is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakhalin_taimen
Seems that it is nearly extinct in real life so I have a bad feeling about fishing this one now, haha!

Anyone caught one of these as well?

--------

And since I'm here, as there seems to be no record for Rainbow Trout yet on this thread, here's my contribution:
View attachment 6622
Nice! Curious what rods you used for the japonais? Never caught that one in that spot maybe the rod could be the reason?

Nice! Curious what rods you used for the japonais? Never caught that one in that spot maybe the rod could be the reason?
Hi!
For that one fishing session I'm pretty sure I had the "red/blue/gold" rod (the one that was best in Bailu). I guess the name of that fish in english could be "Japanese Huchen", if that helps.

Never tried to catch one again myself since I have now completed the game and fishing was more fun in Bailu to me anyway.

Still with this.

manage to get 100+ in a day now using the secret spot in Bailu.

I’m sure most know this but you have to plan your day in three.

when you wake up run to the tackle shop then run to the spot.

8-11.45 can get 40+ fish
12-2.30 can get 20+ fish
3-7 can get 40+ fish

I have found a technique of zig zagging backwards on the lure, try get close to the edge on the right hand side and try and pick up the fish near this edge.

also when the fish targets your lure and shoots for it, pull back as you can go a little bit back from doing this

Last edited:
ERlp4S-W4AEkVBf
ERlp4S-W4AEkVBf

Back