Fitness & Health Dojo

Superb, Dan!

I must say, you carry the weight well: you don't look near how much you do weigh!

to be fair, the tracksuit pants in that β€œbeforeβ€œ shot did a lot to hide just how big the gut actually was. If you ever get a glimpse of me from the side at that weight you’ll definitely see the 225kg. Also, I think being tall kinda helps distribute it out. But the massive overhang of the gut was definitely not seen in that before shot.

I should have taken some photos without the shirt on but I’m riddled with body shame issues as is.

I was shocked to see its 10kg that I’ve lost since November. My last weigh in was November 4th and I was at 205kg back then. I expected it to be somewhere around 3-4kg lost since then realistically but I got on the scale and I’m down another 10kg. Shocked the hell out of me yesterday.

Been very serious on my eating the last two weeks. I have managed to completely cut carbs and sugar. Now eating fatty proteins and very low carb veggies exclusively.

This week I got weighed at the doctor and am roughly 25-30 ibs down. It's very hard to get exact numbers for me, but I am making progress.

Well I am about a month away from my wedding and have been religiously hitting the gym since January. I will readily admit my fitness concerns are a little different from some in this thread since I've always been very active and blessed with high metobolism. Still now that I am in my mid 30's this is the first time I have actually reduced my meal portion sizes, tried intermidient fasting and also once a week have fasted for 24 hours.

I got a custom suit made for my wedding and had my first fitting last week and I had lost so much weight everything was oversized from the measurements that had taken in late December. I forgot how addicting working out is and I feel super guilty if I am not hitting gym in morning and going for evening walks.

I guess what I am now seeking is some consistency. In the past I would work-out hard for 3-4 months, invariably fall off but would still be able to stay in pretty good shape. After my wedding I would like to pair down my workouts for 3 days a week but ensure I keep this up. I've been toying joining a boxing club as I find hitting heavy bag a great all around workout.

compareprofile.png

It's slowly coming off. Slowly. Long time no see, Dojo.

I've dropped from a 10XL shirt to a 7XL shirt (or 5XL in American sizes)

I'm into the 180's as I just entered 183kg...but I don't take much stock in that because the weight fluctuates every damn day.

But it's still better than the 220kg that I was last year. I think I just went through a phase of body recomp as the needle on the scale is starting to move again. Inches have been coming off though. Especially around the chest and even the gut. Yeah, it's a slow process but I'm still going with it.

8 months clean off soft drink this month....eating could be better, I will admit. But I am trying to get more protein in general. I walk 2 x a day at a baseline of 12k steps now. I do some strength training for 20 - 30 minutes a day lifting weights.

Yeah, I'm far from done but the weight is still slowly coming off

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm far from done but the weight is still slowly coming off
Its great to hear from you again Dan, and specially in both good times for you and for us here with all the speculation and rumors around S4.

I'm glad that your cardio and strenght routines still going along a controlled diet. And yep, I know about the slow pace but that's the key for avoiding weight rebouncing and the body assimilates during resting hours. Its healthy diet, cardio and strenght exercise and proper sleep hours. But you already know that.

I bet that you're feeling your footsteps different, better. Specially going down or upstairs, you can appreciate a more firm and strong stepping while you get less tired than before.

Of course, what you say about "diet could be better" some people advocates to full commitment and no exceptions rule. Personally I think that if you are eating balanced enough, a single or a few croquettes i.e., won't make you gain 2kgs all of a sudden. It will just burn going up a few stairs. Its not necessary to live feeding on kinoa exclusively : p

The most important thing its that you got more life time for yourself. As not just the weight loss improves your health, it also changes your mood for the better-> enhanced selfperception -> mood rise again. Its compounding.
Keep in that road ;) we see us around.

Awesome stuff, Dan! I think about you often on here, as you indeed are popping back and forth, off and on; 50 KG is approx. 120 pounds, so you are a superstar for dropping that much weight in 8 months! Just fantastic! :D

Keep it up, I'm sure the Divas (I know, it's a derogatory term in 2022) are happy and proud for you :)

Awesome stuff, Dan! I think about you often on here, as you indeed are popping back and forth, off and on; 50 KG is approx. 120 pounds, so you are a superstar for dropping that much weight in 8 months! Just fantastic! :D

Keep it up, I'm sure the Divas (I know, it's a derogatory term in 2022) are happy and proud for you :)

Yeah, I've been meaning to pop back in. I haven't forgotten this place :p Just been busy trying to figure out my own life pretty much. It's about 40-45kg I've lost so yeah, that's around 90 pounds so far. Granted I'm sitll at 390 pounds, so I got a long way to go...it ain't even close to being done :p

But it's slowly coming off. Yeah, Coach T Dub (Torrie) is proud of me. She keeps checking in and keeps guiding wherever she can. She keeps calling me an inspiration (I don't really see that...but yeah, I don't like buying into that shit.)

Besides, I consider an inspiration someone who has actually gotten there and kept it off and I'm far from that yet. But still...I just keep plugging away in hope that it will slowly come off. I figure I've still got another year ahead of me. And that's not even counting the plateaus that I know will come.

I am still boxing,running and some weight training. I am still teetotal and nicotine free and cycle more than 100km a week for my commutes. Was supposed to go gym today but the weather is terrible and playing Shenmue instead.

BBB50D28-A3C0-4029-BCA0-41150DC59CCA.jpeg
Okay check in time. I'm at 176kg on the scale. My chest measurements are down from 48 inches at the end of April to 45 inches nearing the end of May. Most of it is still belly fat but everyone tells me belly fat is usually the last to go. I've definitely noticed it most in my chest, shoulders and legs. The stomach is smaller though. I do notice the stomach getting ever so smaller gradually.

9 months clean off soft drink. Down from 225kg to 176kg (that I know, because it's been fluctuating every weigh in.)

So I think I'm going through what I went through in January again. Where the weight isn't moving on the scale all that much but the measurements are telling me a different story. I went through this in January where I was stuck in the 190's but could gradually see I was losing more inches regardless.

Anyways, that's me for another month. Rocking the newly arrived Keibler Hall of Fame shirt because it actually fits. (man, I'm such a simp for this girl :ROFLMAO:)

I guess my hope is by end of year I will be down to the 140's....we'll see how that goes. But here's hoping. Almost a year into this as is. In August it will be a year. And August is only 3 months away.

Last edited:
View attachment 18269
Okay check in time. I'm at 176kg on the scale. My chest measurements are down from 48 inches at the end of April to 45 inches nearing the end of May. Most of it is still belly fat but everyone tells me belly fat is usually the last to go. I've definitely noticed it most in my chest, shoulders and legs. The stomach is smaller though. I do notice the stomach getting ever so smaller gradually.

9 months clean off soft drink. Down from 225kg to 176kg (that I know, because it's been fluctuating every weigh in.)

So I think I'm going through what I went through in January again. Where the weight isn't moving on the scale all that much but the measurements are telling me a different story. I went through this in January where I was stuck in the 190's but could gradually see I was losing more inches regardless.

Anyways, that's me for another month. Rocking the newly arrived Keibler Hall of Fame shirt because it actually fits. (man, I'm such a simp for this girl :ROFLMAO:)

I guess my hope is by end of year I will be down to the 140's....we'll see how that goes. But here's hoping. Almost a year into this as is. In August it will be a year. And August is only 3 months away.
You're a very inspiring person.
No doubt you're strong willed too. You should go at some stairs there in Sidney, like those in Philadelphia and do the Rocky arms rise.

View attachment 18269

Fantastic stuff, Dan!

Absolute kick ass, that's 120+ pounds in 9 months, superb job :D

Last cheat meal for 4 weeks before my trip to the UK. Lots of running and boxing as ive got little work as my classes wrap up over the next couple of weeks. That is 20 McNuggets #gohardbeforeflyinghomeIMG20230529193209.jpg

Its doable but beware heat hits. Hydrate yourself properly and don't overdo those hot days. Here heat hits are known for killing runners "I'm young, healthy... Medical checks? What's that?".
I do take precautions of course

I do take precautions of course
Nice. I said because its common in my place seeing people running with plastic clothes in plain summer and with the "I need to sweat a lot" mindset they don't drink water, no progressive stopping (they are running and suddenly walk instead of correctly descending speed like a engine) and every year every community has his few "man of 30-40 years dies while running" its very sad.

Nice. I said because its common in my place seeing people running with plastic clothes in plain summer and with the "I need to sweat a lot" mindset they don't drink water, no progressive stopping (they are running and suddenly walk instead of correctly descending speed like a engine) and every year every community has his few "man of 30-40 years dies while running" its very sad.
I could imagine in the Canaries its brutal. You see some old men here in China go running on a hot day and will have a cig at the end of their run.

Last edited:
Back