Fixes/improvements you want in next patches ?

Ys Net in patch 1.04 gave us the option to skip dialogues, that feature had been requested a lot.(Thanks developers!)

So, what other fixes/improvements you want from the next patches ?
Just keep this in mind to ask for reasonable fixes/improvements rather than unreasonable ones.(Like asking to change the combat or asking for more cutscenes and story content. We are talking about the patches here.)

Here are my requests:

-Add a difficulty option to QTEs. Because QTEs were too fast for some of us.
-If possible, remove the forced walking in some sections of Niaowu.
-In buy items menu, give the players this info on what items they already own.(Since one time I mistakenly bought a skill book that I already had due to this that that menu never told me that I had that.)
-Add more graphic options to PC version to allow the players to have more freedom in configuring the graphics compare to what they have now.(AA, VSync,Shadow quality, Texture quality , DOF, Motion Blur etc.)

Very happy with patch and ability to forward dialogue. Will make replay a lot smoother and if anything it encourages you to speak with more NPC’s.

In terms of what I would like-

-Option to hide or disable HUD elements. Call is cinematic mode and have all UI invisible until player taps touch pad.

-If possible, remove the forced walking in some sections of Niaowu.

I think it’s required for them to stream in assists thus we have those sections. I would love on PS4 pro option for 30FPS cap but it appears another technical challenge the team aren’t able to provide.

As some of you said, the more urgent improvement needed is loosening the QTE requirements A LOT. That and the shop menus telling if you already have the item is also a must.

There could reorganize the "Shop cards" section of the menu, to make it easier to keep track of what stores do you have the card and which you miss. Maybe sorting them by location (and then by name). Or treating them as the capsule sets, where they show all items and highlight the ones you have.

I would like if they changed the fonts of the two main menus, to make them more cohesive from an aesthetics point of view. The PRESS ANY BUTTON one is in Arial and the main menu is Impact. They look quite amateurish (they are standard Microsoft Word fonts, at the end of the day), and using the custom Shenmue font of menus and load screens would be much better.

They should also speed up the drawer opening/closing. Once the red marker is focused and the user presses the button, the camera should focus AND the drawer should be opened without a second press. And the same for closing it. 99,99% of times the player focuses on a drawer, they will open it.

They could also allow to zoom in and out when examining objects in the menus. At least for those that you own (think of it as a reward for buying them). So many of them are really well designed and it's a shame you can't explore them properly.

Another weird thing they should correct is having "area jump" options when you leave the hotel in Niaowu. That option is present in Bailu and I expected it to be in the second city too.

They should also speed up the drawer opening/closing. Once the red marker is focused and the user presses the button, the camera should focus AND the drawer should be opened without a second press. And the same for closing it. 99,99% of times the player focuses on a drawer, they will open it.
I was going to mention this. The second click feels pointless and becomes a little annoying during the longer investigative scenes.

I also think that the hand animations of Ryo opening them is unnecessary.

They can make it look like that an invisible hand is opening them to make them open/close faster.

Last edited:
Inventory when you're shopping. Not knowing which move scrolls you already have is annoying... I might have to screenshot my move set next time I play the game.

The drawer thing is good in theory, but I think a waste of time to fix. Opening drawers isn't that important.

I'm playing the PC version. Some already mention I've included too:
  • In the main menu for prizes the Power Shovel Loader (yellow) prize has a picture of the blue one instead of yellow
  • In Niaowu at the martial arts dojo near the hotel, when asking Hu Giutong to spar he says your opponent is Red Wolf, but the subtitles has Red Dragon (both voice and subtitle are in English)
  • Lucky Hit: give ball more weight so that it does not fly across the board at the last minute
  • Stores: indicator of which items you already own
  • Capsule Toys/Investigating: let you move Ryo's hand around to view the item (same as Shenmue 1/2)
  • Investigating: When investigating a drawer pressing the button once should either A) also open the drawer or B) zoom in as it already does but let you switch between drawers (same as Shenmue 1/2)
  • Inventory: Make item thumbnails larger
  • QTE: Make the arrows grey so that they match the control more and aren't confused with a green button
  • Option to hide or disable HUD elements (large A button that appears above 4 buttons in bottom right corner during training, red outline for investigating)
  • More graphics options (PC)
  • Camera options (Shenmue 1/2 mode where it's right behind you)

• In the main menu for prizes the Power Shovel Loader (yellow) prize has a picture of the blue one instead of yellow
  • In Niaowu at the martial arts dojo near the hotel, when asking Hu Giutong to spar he says your opponent is Red Wolf, but the subtitles has Red Dragon (both voice and subtitle are in English)
  • Lucky Hit: give ball more weight so that it does not fly across the board at the last minute
  • Stores: indicator of which items you already own
  • Capsule Toys/Investigating: let you move Ryo's hand around to view the item (same as Shenmue 1/2)
  • Investigating: When investigating a drawer pressing the button once should either A) also open the drawer or B) zoom in as it already does but let you switch between drawers (same as Shenmue 1/2)
  • Inventory: Make item thumbnails larger
  • QTE: Make the arrows grey so that they match the control more and aren't confused with a green button
  • Option to hide or disable HUD elements (large A button that appears above 4 buttons in bottom right corner during training, red outline for investigating)
  • More graphics options (PC)
This is never happening:
  • "Capsule Toys/Investigating: let you move Ryo's hand around to view the item (same as Shenmue 1/2)"
Rest of those are good. Try E-mailing Ys Net:

[email protected]

But doesn't this causes some issues in the indoor locations ?
Since indoor locations of 3 were somehow smaller than 1 and 2 if I'm not mistaken.(Just imagine in the hotel the camera might get behind the walls)

But doesn't this causes some issues in the indoor locations ?
Since indoor locations of 3 were somehow smaller than 1 and 2 if I'm not mistaken.(Just imagine in the hotel the camera might get behind the walls)
In Shenmue 1 and 2 it would zoom in right behind Ryo's head when in small spaces, you could still move around but usually i would go into first person view to get my bearings such as when you go in the bathroom of Ryo's house. I liked the camera in Shenmue 1 and 2 because it have Ryo more weight and height something about it made him seem more sturdy.

MiscMods fixes some of these issues, specifically the NPC issues, S1/S2 camera and the removal of the walk-only areas. Only supported on PC.
Yeah. But we want the developers to fix the issues for all players.(If they want to make more patches.)

Well, 2 other ideas came to my mind:

1.Showing the amount of damages that each move has. It's kinda annoying that you can't actually see the amount of damage of your moves other than testing it real time.(Sparring doesn't show any damage)

2. Allow the players to set an amount of capsule toys they want to buy then make a time skip to when Ryo has bought the capsule toys and show the players the capsule toys that he has acquired.
This will make collecting capsule toys much less time consuming.

Last edited:
Yeah. But we want the developers to fix the issues for all players.(If they want to make more patches.)

Ah, just wanted to make it known :)

Here's hoping they do release a patch to fix that stuff, so we don't need MiscMods :p

1.Showing the amount of damages that each move has. It's kinda annoying that you can't actually see the amount of damage of your moves other than testing it real time.(Sparring doesn't show any damage)

2. Allow the players to set an amount of capsule toys they want to buy then make a time skip to when Ryo has bought the capsule toys and show the players the capsule toys that he has acquired.
This will make collecting capsule toys much less time consuming.

+1

I really, really like these ideas. I might work them into MiscMods at some point.

Funny how the move scrolls have a green check for the Exchange sets, but not for the Shopping.
Well. I think that's because during game development, at some point developers decide to not make anymore changes to the gameplay and just polish it up and make it ready for release.

They probably would have added that for the shopping if they had more time.

For me:
  • QTE speeds - slow down.
  • Title screens - especially the generic fonts - and UI overhaul.
  • A more subtle way of changing clothing, perhaps only in certain areas i.e. Shenhua's house/hotel room.
  • The running animation when running up and down slopes/up and down stairs - at the moment the whole character model simply tilts up or down instead of the body reacting naturally to the gradient/stairs.
  • Scroll and move power to be displayed.
  • A way to prevent unnecessary duplicate purchases.
  • NPC fade in and out fix.
  • Solution to no-run zones.
  • Unnecessary loading screens that impact on gameplay.
  • Ability to switch on and off backer rewards i.e. backer guestbooks for aesthetic reasons.
Not asking a lot!

Back