Forklift, a mod loader for Shenmue 1/2 HD

how do I set up Drogean's HD Environmetal Texture Overhaul to work with this loader
I believe his texture overhaul uses in-memory texture replacement. You might need to use Special K.
This loader is for file replacement at a higher level.

my original question was does the shenmue file directory 'genuinely' call them 'fbx' or is it just a designation of the Wulinshu for the model file. Being told mt5 are fbx is pretty funny to me
I think they're an internal fallback? As far as I know there aren't any fbx map files.

I dont mean to sound negative but I generally avoid 3rd party dlls or using additional programs that could be potentially harmful, The simpler it is the more popular it will become
That's why the proxy DLL exists...

If a mod fails, will the game revert to the original file ?
No, the game would probably crash.

I noticed that the DS4 button mod was making the UI flicker back and fourth between PS4 and Xbox style so I removed the files from my mod folder yet the PS4 icons still appear in game.
That's actually a bug in the game. You can thank the 10/10 QA by D3T.

View attachment 1166View attachment 1167
index.php

How are you getting the face model to work? When I put the Passport Ryo face model over the YKB ones, it locks the game up. Doesn't do it with other faces. Also does it emote?

I get the face to display using cheat engine, the face is soulless no expresseion at all.

It may be possible to add it but I haven't found the hd face model I know it exists but don't know the actual name of it.

I get the face to display using cheat engine, the face is soulless no expresseion at all.

It may be possible to add it but I haven't found the hd face model I know it exists but don't know the actual name of it.

It's HGY_F and HGY_FTBL in scene/80/model/face in the Passport isn't it?

Yep, proxy DLL is the way. All other methods are just inconvenient (but were originally used because the proxy wasn't done)

As for the existing texture mods, you may have to use Special K. I ported the original Ryo HD textures to the original game format (MT5) but I have yet to port the newer ones (and to add them to other scenes)

Concerning safety, the source code will be released after some refactoring (mostly related to matching up code style)

In a side note, I wonder if it's possible to automate the MT5 edit process. It's quite tireful, have to import the DDS textures into PVRs and then into several MT5s.

Last edited:
In a side note, I wonder if it's possible to automate the MT5 edit process. It's quite tireful, have to import the DDS textures into PVRs and then into several MT5s.
I assume your using Shenmue Models Texture Editor
http://shenmuesubs.sourceforge.net/download/
Sources: http://svn.code.sf.net/p/shenmuesubs/code/Packages/Models Textures Editor/
Perhaps updating this program to include a drag and drop DDS2PVR function?

Updated. Replace the Forklift DLL with the new one (Forklift v1.0.2) and it'll work with Shenmue 1.03.
By 1.03, do you mean Build version 109225?
I tried it, but when I ran shenmue a forklift(v102) a notice said there was new version available
Please could you edit your first post to remove information about the injectors

Im still trying to understand the file structure, If I want to edit the model and texture the wulinshu shows
/scene/01/ju00/mpk00/map.xxx_/map.fbx.fb721162.00000000
but also
/scene/maps/ju00/mpk00/map/map.fbx
/tex/assets/scene/01/ju00/mpk00/map.xxx_/map.fbx.fb721162.00000000

.xxx_ means load both texture and model from mpk00.pks & pkf.. hashes

map.fbx = model name
fb721162.00000000 = a texture name

I would assume that rebuilding the tex/assets file structure is just for the textures and scene/maps for the model, but then why have the scene/01 structure (as is the dreamcast file system), its a bit frustrating when I know which pks and pkf to directly edit but in recreating the file structure like this do pvr textures need a .00000000 extension and mt5 an fbx?

I keep seeing this 'modeloveride', Im really interested to know if MT5 models could be overridden with an fbx, fbx was created in 2006 so it has nothing to do with being an MT5 but could the Game engine be converting the MT5s into a form of FBX?

I haven't updated the number on the server yet, but it's the latest version. I don't know what the build number is, they just call it v3

in the sm1 folder there is a build version text file, doesnt say v3

Well... no.....?
If you want people to read misinformation and not even generate interest in this method of modding, Great, don't edit anything ever .. let those noobish suckers spend hours trying to figure it out ... lets keep the internet a festering mess of outdated information, broken concepts, rick & morty references, mindless opinions, cat memes and youtube videos entitled ' How to Mod' when those b@stards really mean 'How to ""Install"" a Mod' its maddening....

Btw Dragon Quest is awesome
Peace oooot

The introduction of Forklift, a Shenmue mod loader succeeded
However
https://wulinshu.raymonf.me
sm1
/ui/gamemenu_new/textures/infobarbackground.tga.5f67f417.00000000
0 be 5579 b

Please tell me how to use this.
I do not know the introduction

@teru10 Use an extractor, such as derplayer's or Raymonf's to extract the files inside the TACs. Match up the file with the Wulinshu hash and modify as desired. Then, create the correct folder structure (ui inside of mods, gamemenu_new inside of ui...) and place the modified file inside, with the correct filename (not the hash)

let those noobish suckers spend hours trying to figure it out ... lets keep the internet a festering mess of outdated information, broken concepts, rick & morty references, mindless opinions, cat memes and youtube videos entitled ' How to Mod' when those b@stards really mean 'How to ""Install"" a Mod' its maddening....

Btw Dragon Quest is awesome
Peace oooot
Dude, enough with the shitposting please. Consider this a verbal.

Back