Forklifting - How Much Yen?

I see, honestly I don't find that authentic. Guizhang in Shenmue 3 is very weird and out of character. It's like he another person.
Same thing when he plans to meet Xiu Ying.... Because Ryo told Guizhang, that Xiu Ying is beautiful.
Same thing with Nozomi.
Yeah, I definitely agree about the Xiuying conversation. He finds out that Master Tao is a beautiful woman and suddenly he's a horny teenager. Seems pretty out of character. I could see him being friendly to Hisaka but having no patience for Goro though.

Still putting this in a spoiler tag just in case. Also, I'm not done with the game myself yet, so please don't talk about any other spoilery stuff. I have a lot to say about the phone conversations but I'm trying to wait until I'm finished with the game so I can safely go to the Spoiler forum.

Last edited:
I tend to agree, Bule; I don't DISLIKE the forklifting, but I don't see it being too big of a deal.

Not to go off on a tangent, but I think he heard just general noise in regards to, "what the fans want," (ie: what people just blabbed about wanting in the game, even if they didn't know it) and added it due to that.

I HIGHLY doubt he ever had plans to put them back in the game, but that's just my musings.

I tend to agree, Bule; I don't DISLIKE the forklifting, but I don't see it being too big of a deal.

Not to go off on a tangent, but I think he heard just general noise in regards to, "what the fans want," (ie: what people just blabbed about wanting in the game, even if they didn't know it) and added it due to that.

I HIGHLY doubt he ever had plans to put them back in the game, but that's just my musings.
Yeah, I agree. Driving a forklift seems to have become one of the things that everyone associates with Shenmue (even people who never even played the games). It feels like he heard all the chatter about forklifts and decided to bring them back. Having said that, I don't think it's a bad thing. But I highly doubt Ryo would have driven a forklift in Shenmue III if it had been released 15 years ago.

I thought that article captured how forklifting fitted into the overall Shenmue picture really well.

Kind of agree about forklifting being shoehorned into Shenmue 3. I could have done without it. If for no other reason than I'll have to get the steering wheel back out of the attic :rolleyes:

I remember when Yu put an image of a forklift on his twitter before his presentation to announce Shenmue 3.

Yeah, I definitely agree about the Xiuying conversation. He finds out that Master Tao is a beautiful woman and suddenly he's a horny teenager. Seems pretty out of character. I could see him being friendly to Hisaka but having no patience for Goro though.

Still putting this in a spoiler tag just in case. Also, I'm not done with the game myself yet, so please don't talk about any other spoilery stuff. I have a lot to say about the phone conversations but I'm trying to wait until I'm finished with the game so I can safely go to the Spoiler forum.
I actually made thread about this.
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/nozomi-aweful-voice-acting.2073/
Even though I don't consider it a spoiler through. I don't even think this came out of Yu and gave it to some random person to do it.. I actually saw it in youtube video. I got PC version and still have issue with getting backers rewards...

I actually made thread about this.
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/nozomi-aweful-voice-acting.2073/
Even though I don't consider it a spoiler through. I don't even think this came out of Yu and gave it to some random person to do it.. I actually saw it in youtube video. I got PC version and still have issue with getting backers rewards...
Yeah, I agree 100%. Really disappointing. I just don't want to read too much in the Spoiler forum yet since posting spoilers is fair game there.

I thought that article captured how forklifting fitted into the overall Shenmue picture really well.

Kind of agree about forklifting being shoehorned into Shenmue 3. I could have done without it. If for no other reason than I'll have to get the steering wheel back out of the attic :rolleyes:
Looking forward to the "Forklifting - How Much Yuan?" thread. 😛

Back