Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude
Hoy! Today has been a major Shenmue day for me (more so than usual!) I've resumed Shenmue II again, spent a couple of hours trawling buyee for merch and posted on here more often than I normally do. I'm even 2 1/2 hours into the latest Shenmue Dojo show going over the Team Yu timeline!

As I submurged myself in Shenmue's gooey goodness, it got me thinking back to the previous Shenmue fan meet up in October 2019. I visited for a couple of hours and had a wonderful time (and had to leave early to go to a gig at the Roundhouse in London). I was wondering now that things are looking up (hopefully) COVID wise, whether another meetup might be on the cards?

It was wonderful to meet so many like minded fans (even though I struggle with names) and would love to do so again. Even if it's a pint haha.

Certainly after ("after") COVIDtide, it'd be nice for those of us who are able to consider meeting up. It'd be cool for some older and newer Dojo members to meet and unify the community.

I'd welcome one in North America as well. (I admit, as someone hoping to become a Canadian, I'd be open to an Ontario meet up, wink wink.) Wasn't there also talk of hope for US folk in Chicago?

Yeah, I've wanted to setup a Chicago meetup for awhile (might've even mentioned before in a post?), although there aren't many Shenmue fans here, to be blunt. The old Dojo owner Hellraiser/Ziming lives around here iirc but I don't think they're around much anymore :sweatsmile:

Gang Entertainment are local too. Then there's me... Adam Koralik and... i think Marcin from Mega Visions? We might be able to do a small casual pub night, but won't be as big as the London/LA/NYC crowds. Second city syndrome strikes again!

Hoy! Today has been a major Shenmue day for me (more so than usual!) I've resumed Shenmue II again, spent a couple of hours trawling buyee for merch and posted on here more often than I normally do. I'm even 2 1/2 hours into the latest Shenmue Dojo show going over the Team Yu timeline!

As I submurged myself in Shenmue's gooey goodness, it got me thinking back to the previous Shenmue fan meet up in October 2019. I visited for a couple of hours and had a wonderful time (and had to leave early to go to a gig at the Roundhouse in London). I was wondering now that things are looking up (hopefully) COVID wise, whether another meetup might be on the cards?

It was wonderful to meet so many like minded fans (even though I struggle with names) and would love to do so again. Even if it's a pint haha.
I'll reply properly to this later on but I'd be up for something down the line. The last one we did was great fun down in London.

Times like this I’m jealous I’m not in London, UK anymore.

I know we have a few Canadian members here but I’m curious if any others are Vancouver based? If it’s good enough for Nozomi it’s good enough for me ;)

Finally gotten around to replying to this. Been overwhelmed with work and Dojo stuff so apologies.

Depending on the Covid situation we could certainly get something together. I'm not sure it will be quite the grand scale of the last one but we could see if one of the London barcades could host us again. Even if it's just to play some games, chat Shenmue and have some beers.

I'd be open for somewhere in the middle as well depending on interest. I vaguely remember talk of a UK northern meetup last time as well.

No worries dude, I appreciate the reply. I'm game for almost anything to be honest. I live in the East of England, so getting to London doesn't take too long, but I also appreciate that it's not convenient for those who live further north. I could possibly do it, but i'd have to make a weekend out of it!

Yeah, i'm game for whatever; to be honest, it's just nice to put names to faces and talk about a shared interest!

Sorry for the bump, but I was having a catch up with a friend the other day and she was asking if such a thing would ever happen in the future?

Probably still a pickle at the moment, but seeing as COVID restrictions have died down, I wonder if a future meet up is a lot easier than say a year ago?

I'm being selfish, but I'm bringing this up as I might be (part) buying a house soon and will have no money! I'd be bummed if a meet up happened and I couldn't afford to say hello!!

The last meet up was fantastic and seeing how much more Shenmue we've had since then, to talk to like minded folk in real life would be immense. Could do a live stream Dojo Show too haha.

Sorry for the bump, but I was having a catch up with a friend the other day and she was asking if such a thing would ever happen in the future?

Probably still a pickle at the moment, but seeing as COVID restrictions have died down, I wonder if a future meet up is a lot easier than say a year ago?

I'm being selfish, but I'm bringing this up as I might be (part) buying a house soon and will have no money! I'd be bummed if a meet up happened and I couldn't afford to say hello!!

The last meet up was fantastic and seeing how much more Shenmue we've had since then, to talk to like minded folk in real life would be immense. Could do a live stream Dojo Show too haha.

Will get the team to look into this once everything settles down with the anime, 110 rumours etc

Back