Games you kinda dislike that everyone else loves...?

Crypt Killer. Back when I was a teenager - My father got stupidly drunk and came back home with a bicycle and a copy of CK. No I have no clue either. My father wasn't a big video game fan and wasn't accepting of the amount of time I would play. It meant a lot to me when he presented this to me in his crazed drunken state. Of course the game is trash in every sense...

But but but. BUT...

I had no money, my folks were quite poor. They busted themselves to get me a Saturn for Christmas. I didn't have many games. I used to play red book audio off the games I did have so I could the spaceship in the Audio CD player on the Saturn BIOS. So I kept playing Crypt Killer (Henry Explorers is a way cooler name btw lol) ... After a while I figured something out: If you play CK on HARDEST difficulty and with a pad it actually becomes a quite tense and exciting game. I don't think many peeps know this. Try it sometime. Crap games can be fun.

1.MGS games: First 4 games have too much cutscenes that did nothing other than forcing the developers to make less levels for the game. The 5th one has a very boring open world.(It is the most boring open world that I've ever played)

-The whole story of MGS is stupid. I never get why people call MGS games masterpieces of story telling.

-MGS 1-3 also have a very outdated shooting mechanics but I never get that why some people criticize shooting mechanics of GTA 3/VC/SA while the shooting in these MGS games is much worse than them.

-MGS 1-3 also have a pretty bad camera for stealth games. And yet no one criticizes them for it.

-MGS 4 has much more cutscene than gameplay.

-MGS 5 is just about stun-fultoning everyone in front of you instead of playing tactical.

Thief is much better than MGS . Even the story and the lore of Thief 1 is more interesting than the whole story of MGS games.

2.Devil May Cry 5:

Unfortunately it never managed to live up to it's hype.

-The level design was so awful. You just fight enemies and move to the next area in the whole game.
No metroidvania level design made the game boring. It also didn't help that texture variety was so awful in it.(In DMC 4 you had jungles,snowy mountains,mines,city area,castle, a HQ area for the order,a secret laboratory while in DMC 5 you only had city areas and that demon tree areas)
You have much less puzzles to solve which made the game even more repetitive.
You also don't have the destroy objects section because destroying objects won't give you red orbs.
They also removed the booby traps that I liked to have because they added variety to the gameplay.

-The game has 3 main characters that wasn't very good.
DMC was much better when you only controlled 1 character in the whole game and whenever you bought a move or got a new weapon you had plenty of time to experiment with them.On the other hand in DMC 5, you barely even get the time for doing that.
It also doesn't help that you may hate to play as some characters but the game forces you to play as them anyway.

-The story was so cringy. I personally can't get why DMC fanbase want Dante to be a complete joke in the whole franchise without growing up. If something DMC 3 ending showed us that Dante isn't a man child anymore but they threw that away in DMC 4.
I hate that stupid cringy Dante dance in DMC 5.
DMC 5 also ruined the whole Dante's competition with Virgil and turned it into a rivalry for pleasure.(Since it shows that Dante just fights Virgil because he loves to do it. Not because Virgil is an evil person and has to be stopped.)
Also Virgil at his weak form just did a throw move on Nero and cut off his hand without any trouble ? It was so stupid.
I also hated that Nico girl that wanted to sound badass but was an annoying character.

-They also removed all the items that DMC had and just replaced them with one of the most OP items in the franchise known as gold orbs.
It doesn't really motivate you to improve your skill when have like 20 gold orbs.

Really both DMC 3 and DMC 4 are far better than 5.

3.Star Wars The Old Republic:
This game is the main reason we have never gotten Kotor 3 and yet some people call it a real Kotor 3 while it is so bad as a single player game.
-Too much running around.
-Very slow pacing for the story, only 3 options for dialogue tree , immersion breaking story when you just see players running around in an abandoned temple.
-Very too much combat encounter. The game just loves to load a huge room and make you fight like 100 enemies in every room.
-Combat is so awful compare to Kotor games. You have to just press on the different moves that you have.
-Areas are so big to waste your time.
-You have to actually pay EA otherwise you get lots of penalty.
-The side quests are so repetitive. They are just "kill some enemies/click on some objects in some rooms that are full of enemies)

Really this game is so disappointing and is just a broken shadow of Kotor games. The only good thing about it are the CGI cutscenes but that's it.

3.Star Wars The Old Republic:
This game is the main reason we have never gotten Kotor 3 and yet some people call it a real Kotor 3 while it is so bad as a single player game.
I really dislike this recent trend of taking single player games and making them MMOs (I guess because Warcraft made the transition so successfully, but that's a special case). I feel like it's the same with ESO (which I have a minor affinity for, but also a lot of complaints with), that that delayed Elder Scrolls VI by at least a few years. I would much rather have KotOR 3 and ESVI than the series's MMO spinoffs.

I'll never understand why they cancelled KOTOR 3 for The Old Republic. KOTOR 3's story sounded amazing: searching for Revan across the galaxy and stumbling upon a world of the ancient Sith far more terrifying than any Sith seen in Star Wars up to that point.

I'll never understand why they cancelled KOTOR 3 for The Old Republic. KOTOR 3's story sounded amazing: searching for Revan across the galaxy and stumbling upon a world of the ancient Sith far more terrifying than any Sith seen in Star Wars up to that point.
I guess they decided to make a WOW killer since their attempt on turning Galaxies into a WOW failed horribly.

My opinion on this topic comes from the fact that I lost interest in video gaming in 2004 and in 2007 I sold off all of my game stuff and got rid of my TV. I hadn't purchased any games for personal use again until 2019 when I heard Shenmue 3 was going to release. Along with having some friends that love gaming that tell me about stuff over the years combined with the one aspect of my company being selling video games from all generations I've become familiar with what is out for the last 15 years and spent a lot of time in 2019 visiting all kinds of titles mainly 2005 through current on the PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 & Wii to catch up on all I supposedly "missed out" on during my 12 years away from gaming entirely. With that said there is a lot of stuff that I do not like and most of it is the same franchises and content that turned me off to gaming over 15 years ago, many of which are the mainstream ones that are widely adored by the gaming community.

Halo - entire franchise(Halo 2 specifically ruined gaming for me and started my exit from having interest in it in 2004)

Call of Duty - entire franchise

God of War - entire franchise

Gears of War - entire franchise

Battlefield - entire franchise

Borderlands - entire franchise

Final Fantasy - I like Tactics for PS1, thats it

Street Fighter franchise - 2 is decent

Tekken 7 & Tekken Tag 2 - Tag 2 is terrible, 7 is disappointing compared to the usual Tekken standard

Anything Nintendo branded with the exception of some Kirby, Starfox & Wii Sports. But I find the worst of it to be Mario & Zelda by far. Exception to Super Mario 64 & Link for NES.

Anything Nintendo branded with the exception of some Kirby, Starfox & Wii Sports. But I find the worst of it to be Mario & Zelda by far. Exception to Super Mario 64 & Link for NES.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Mario 64 is the only Mario title, IMO, that is a technical and overall great game, bordering even on masterpiece.

Not going to say I LOVE it, but I can tolerate it, as there is just a ton of variation in gameplay, great graphics and soundtrack and it is well put-together and not broken or glitchy.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Mario 64 is the only Mario title, IMO, that is a technical and overall great game, bordering even on masterpiece.

Not going to say I LOVE it, but I can tolerate it, as there is just a ton of variation in gameplay, great graphics and soundtrack and it is well put-together and not broken or glitchy.

I couldn't have said it better. Mario 64 isn't something I love but I do feel it's a solid game and the only one with Mario in it that deserves the praise it gets. I can somewhat understand how the original 3 Mario games for NES were amazing in the 80s simply cause the Atari was lame and for its time the original Mario games were something different. Are they great though? Not even close. By the time the next gen was out in the early 90s they were forgettable, much like most of the professional critics and public said Shenmue was forgettable by the time GTA 3 copied its open world style less than 2 years later. How most people have never heard of Shenmue is beyond me considering how amazing it is and that it started the open world trend in many ways that still exists today. Yet Mario and Zelda for that matter continue to spawn bad to mediocre at best sequels for close to 35 years now.

Mario 2 and Mario 3 are pretty damn classic, if you ask me. I could maybe see your point for the OG engine and japanese version of 2 and I don't think World is all too special like most do.... but if you don't like 2/3/64/Sunshine--I don't know what to tell you.

64 is an ok game, but it’s buggy as hell in my experience. Even just playing normally, not going out of my way to do glitches, there’s all kinds of stuff that are just not right. Never mind how slippery the controls are. I found Galaxy way more polished for its time.

Mario 2 and Mario 3 are pretty damn classic, if you ask me. I could maybe see your point for the OG engine and japanese version of 2 and I don't think World is all too special like most do.... but if you don't like 2/3/64/Sunshine--I don't know what to tell you.
Super Mario Shitshine... I hate that game, somehow they fuck up the phisics, althoug I love both Galaxy games

Mario 64 is awesome and a milestone in game design, and Mario 3 is my favourite game ever besides Shenmue.

Games people love I don't like
- GTA, I don't give a shit about modern day criminals
- Call of Duty, same thing, the modern day military power fantasy is not for me
- WoW, don't see the appeal of MMO
- League of Legends
- Tekken, I never get it except for 3, and I have tried a lot to like it. Even though I love Harada, he seems kind of a good guy
- Overwatch
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Uncharted
- The Last of Us
- Halo
- Gears of War
- Most of 3D Zeldas

Super Mario Shitshine... I hate that game, somehow they fuck up the phisics, althoug I love both Galaxy games

Mario 64 is awesome and a milestone in game design, and Mario 3 is my favourite game ever besides Shenmue.

Games people love I don't like
- GTA, I don't give a shit about modern day criminals
- Call of Duty, same thing, the modern day military power fantasy is not for me
- WoW, don't see the appeal of MMO
- League of Legends
- Tekken, I never get it except for 3, and I have tried a lot to like it. Even though I love Harada, he seems kind of a good guy
- Overwatch
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Uncharted
- The Last of Us
- Halo
- Gears of War
- Most of 3D Zeldas

So basically you dont like anything post 2005 :LOL:

So basically you dont like anything post 2005 :LOL:

Hey, that's me, basically lol.

Outside of Yakuza, Shenmue (and their related titles), my newest game is Rush Rush Rally Racing for the DC and Pier Solar for the Genesis. After that, I think my newest game is 90 Minutes for the Dreamcast :LOL:

The Last of Us : Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game, but not that great. And Elly (spelling?) is not that great of a video game character. And the ending could have been so much better but of course they wanted Elly in the sequel.
yeah ithink ive started that game a hundred times and i just cant get into it

I thought The Last of Us was decent and worth one play through with zero replay value. Best zombie/infection game I played since Resident Evil 4.

Same. I tried getting into it and found it completely insipid in the same way many other AAA productions are. Bullet sponges, hand-holding gameplay, dumb puzzles, too many cinematics. Blah. Judgment was the right game for me to move on to.

Last edited:
Back