General RGG Discussion

There will be a english fan translation for the Yakuza PSP Spin Off Game Black Panther 2,
coming soon.

But Sega's translation team is not happy
yaktranstw.png

Yup, so the rumours were absolutely true :(

Ashura Hen's story is really good (both Kurohyos have a good plot), so a translation would definitely make things more-accessible... but yeah, as I've beaten it and know it intimately, I'm not gonna bother lol.

There will be a english fan translation for the Yakuza PSP Spin Off Game Black Panther 2,
coming soon.

But Sega's translation team is not happy
View attachment 13046

Why bother killing it? SEGA will never bother to bring those over in PSP form. PSP is long dead and buried, they're not gonna make money out of it unless they plan on porting it which I doubt at this point since no one bothers with PSP games. So why kill it? I never got that with companies. There comes a point where these games are no longer financially feasible for companies when the platforms they are on dead. I feel like at that point, what's the harm in letting the community have some fun?

If you do have plans on doing something with it, then maybe kill it. Or hell, throw the fan translators a bone and give them contract work for the work they've already done.

I mean, I guess I get it. It's their IP and all that, but yeah, at a point you're not making money with it anymore anyways and the likelihood of them ever translating is very low...so why not let the mod community have some fun for that niche audience that will check out a fan translation?

Why bother killing it? SEGA will never bother to bring those over in PSP form. PSP is long dead and buried, they're not gonna make money out of it unless they plan on porting it which I doubt at this point since no one bothers with PSP games. So why kill it? I never got that with companies. There comes a point where these games are no longer financially feasible for companies when the platforms they are on dead. I feel like at that point, what's the harm in letting the community have some fun?

If you do have plans on doing something with it, then maybe kill it. Or hell, throw the fan translators a bone and give them contract work for the work they've already done.

I mean, I guess I get it. It's their IP and all that, but yeah, at a point you're not making money with it anymore anyways and the likelihood of them ever translating is very low...so why not let the mod community have some fun for that niche audience that will check out a fan translation?

I think what hes trying to say is not that its a big problem that these projects exist
but that websites, news, Twitter user constantly report on this stuff
and even link the developers, IP, publisher and everything.
You know, all of these Nintendo ports running on PC, english fan translations of japanese games,
fan made patch files, nude mods etc.
I think its not a big deal if this stuff is available in like some small discussion board somewhere,
but when big websites report on this stuff, when there are fan made release trailer,
@ the developer / publisher questions about it on Twitter,
its basically screaming 'hey guys, we dont have any kind of license, we dont have any IP rights at all,
and we modified your work. What do you think about that?'
Its like forcing the IP owner to step in to make it clear that people cant do whatever they want.

Nagoshi and Sato are out. Yokoyama is the new studio lead.
What actually drew my attention on this series from a presentation perspective was the fact the protagonists in these games were mostly middle-aged men, which is very uncommon coming from Japanese designers (Kojima is the only other anomaly). So I guess it will be a goodbye to that as well, as I'd not be surprised at all. Can't wait to experience future titles featuring a high schooler with k-pop looks being the head of the Tojo clan!

Masayoshi Yokoyama was the script and storyboard writer of Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7,
also the director of Yakuza 5 and chief producer of 0, 6 and both Kiwamis.
Hes the new head of the studio.

Ryosuke Horii was the game design supervisor of Yakuza 6
and the director of Yakuza 7, hes one of the two new chief directors now.

Hiroyuki Sakamoto was the director of the original Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 6,
hes the other new chief director.

Yutaka Ito is in the RGG team since Yakuza Dead Souls, hes the director of Lost Judgment.
Nobuaki Mitake is the art supervisor since Yakuza 6 / Yakuza Kiwami.
Takayuki Sorimachi is a lead animator since Yakuza Dead Souls.
Daisuke Fukagawa is a cutscene director since Yakuza 0.

These people are all still in the team, so lets wait and see.
This whole Nagoshi leaving rumor thing did pop up so early
that it was probably a thing behind the scenes for way way longer,
so it wouldnt surprise me if Nagoshi and Sato were already absent
while the studio was working on Lost Judgment.

Last edited:
YEah, they've definitely got plenty of great talent to continue leading the studio.

Really should be a blueprint and how Konami should've allowed Kojima to step away after MGS3 to let Murata and Fukushima carry on as he had wished... but we all know what happened there, eventually

As mentioned in the Judgement thread, I beat Lost Judgement yesterday, 88% at 75 hours, 28 minutes. Phenomenal title and on the whole, I wrestled back and forth with it being better than 5... and I have to say, it's better than 5 (but only barely). Thus, updated best in series:

7>Lost Judgement>5>3>Judge Eyes>0>6>Ishin!>Kiwami 2>Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen>Kiwami>Hokuto ga Gotoku>Kenzan!>2>4>1>Kurohyo: Shinso>Dead Souls

Updated Favourites:

3>5>1/Kiwami>6>7>Lost Judgement>0>Ishin!>Judge Eyes>Kurohyo: Ashura Hen>Kenzan!>Hokuto ga Gotoku>Kurohyo: Shinso>4>Dead Souls>2/Kiwami 2

After a bit of trophy cleanup, I'm super-sad that I'll now need to wait 18 months or so for the next one :(

Finished Yakuza Like A Dragon

Mind blown

10/10 for me. One of the best games ive ever played.

I loved every second of it. The characters, story, combat, music etc

Ill be there day one for the sequel

Ichiban is such a great main character

Last edited:
Love seeing that!

It isn't the best game in the series in one single element, however it is second or third best in every game element and as a result, it is the best game in the series.

Since the Dragon Engine, the team has been putting out phenomenal titles, whereas the earlier games were superb, but inconsistent (again, all are 8/10 games or better, but all DE games have been basically 10/10 games).

Love seeing that!

It isn't the best game in the series in one single element, however it is second or third best in every game element and as a result, it is the best game in the series.

Since the Dragon Engine, the team has been putting out phenomenal titles, whereas the earlier games were superb, but inconsistent (again, all are 8/10 games or better, but all DE games have been basically 10/10 games).
I was shocked man. I was constantly thinking, "i hope this game doesnt end"

It reminds me alot of persona 4 and 5 which i love. I think the characters and story telling did it for me. Loved the combat aswell as im a massive jrpg fan. I dont mind the grinding (same situation with shenmue 3). Voice acting was fantastic.

Like a dragon is a very well put together game with tons of heart and care put into its craft. I salute the team.

The grinding wasn't as tedious as many RPGs are (though I can agree with @danielmann861 that doing it all a 2nd time may have been a bit much), which made it enjoyable for me.

For voice acting, did you play dubbed or subbed?

If dubbed, the Japanese VA is SIGNIFICATNLY-better.

The grinding wasn't as tedious as many RPGs are (though I can agree with @danielmann861 that doing it all a 2nd time may have been a bit much), which made it enjoyable for me.

I think it's moreso the street fights than the actual grinding that got to me the most. Every two steps is a street fight and they just don't give enough in the way of XP to be worthwhile for the length you sit through them.

But yeah, I mean, the grind the 2nd time around was too much for me and what stopped me from getting 2nd platinum.

I don't think any game made me laugh as much as Like a Dragon did. It's hilarious. The Dragon Quest type music when you are fighting the masochist in the children's park along with his animations made me howl with laughter. Can't wait for LaD2 or Yak 8 or whatever they are going to call it

Played in English dub. I thought the dub was excellent. It sounded like most of the cast were the same as persona which explains the quality. The only issue i had was the classic yakuza characters. I'm too used to their Japanese voices.

I think it's moreso the street fights than the actual grinding that got to me the most. Every two steps is a street fight and they just don't give enough in the way of XP to be worthwhile for the length you sit through them.

But yeah, I mean, the grind the 2nd time around was too much for me and what stopped me from getting 2nd platinum.
Find the homeless mage dude in the dungeons and defeat him. He gives you 400,000 exp each time you beat him. Plus the battle arena in sotenbori. From floor 24 onwards, its mass exp. There's some items you can equip to boost the exp further

I don't think any game made me laugh as much as Like a Dragon did. It's hilarious. The Dragon Quest type music when you are fighting the masochist in the children's park along with his animations made me howl with laughter. Can't wait for LaD2 or Yak 8 or whatever they are going to call it
Tempted to start that new dragon quest game. It's been on my radar for a while

Find the homeless mage dude in the dungeons and defeat him. He gives you 400,000 exp each time you beat him. Plus the battle arena in sotenbori. From floor 24 onwards, its mass exp. There's some items you can equip to boost the exp further
Yeah, I did that. I did that the first time I played and platinumed it. I just can't be assed doing the grind for a 2nd time. :D

When it comes to Like a Dragon, the thing you notice right away is the fact that, not counting the spin-offs, it will probably retain the same new formula: JRPG style with multiple characters. I still remember how Sega teased us with an April Fools joke, where they showed off the combat system: I was a little shocked to be honest, but upon seeing that it actually revolutionizes the franchise as a whole, I was like "This is frigging amazing!" and asked myself just why it took them this long to introduce JRPG elements into the franchise. Ichiban san is considered to be more emotionally expressive than Kiryu san and the inculsion of multiple playable characters at once, forming a party was very well received among the fanbase, even to the fans who are used to the traditional street brawler mechanics, such as myself.

BTW, we all know how rich side content this game offers, so I am wondering, what do you guys think about the minigames and tell me which one is your favorite? Mine are the Ounabara Vocational School and the business management one.

Back