General RGG Discussion

Official licensed Yakuza skins for Rainbow Six Siege.
Includes a Kiryu and Sayama player skin + a dragon tattoo and police weapon skin.
A Majima player skin is coming at a later date.

... wait, what? What kind of alternative universe timeline is this?

I only found out about the existence of this game with this collaboration. But I must say that I don't give a shit about 99% of western games. It looks very popular.

I only found out about the existence of this game with this collaboration. But I must say that I don't give a shit about 99% of western games. It looks very popular.
It's one of the best tactical FPS ever. I suck at it (pretty complex mechanics even if it doesn't look like it), but I often play it with a friend once a week or so. This skin is so out of the left field for me, and given I adore the Yakuza series this was the opposite of a double whammy for me.

Just beat the penultimate boss, have 5 more skills to get and then off to the endgame! Man, that was a tough fight (keep in mind I've always been passable/poor at this series, with the combat), but quite satisfying.

Compared to the Detective Essentials or the complete waste of time that was Majima's side thing (I didn't play 7's DLC as I had the Japanese copy and could only get it from the JP PS Store), Kaito files has easily been the most-enjoyable of the extra content add-ons for the entire series and thensome.

There are some rumors that Yakuza 8 might pop up at the Xbox showcase tomorrow.
But this rumor only started because leakers stated that one of the big publishers is gonna have
a lot of announcements at the Xbox Show. Its probably not going to be Capcom or Square Enix,
which means it could be Sega.

Finished Kaito Files on Saturday and I now know I can play games with a sleeping son on my shoulder :LOL:

It was a nice, fitting ending and getting that last trophy to pop was great! However...

... with how it ended, IMO, this signals an end for the Judgment series for good. Again, JMO, but everything has been conveniently tied up.

Multiple characters in Yakuza 4 is great. Making things different enough to keep me as engaged as ever. Currently on the first Tanimura chapter.

It's not done well-enough plot-wise, however (especially Kiryu, outside of his first chapter).

5 really hit that out of the park.

The plot to four was okay, but felt very rushed, especially Kiryu's story, who felt more like a supporting character as opposed to being a lead. But, I'm okay with it being more about Tanimura, Saejima, and Akiyama.

The plot to four was okay, but felt very rushed, especially Kiryu's story, who felt more like a supporting character as opposed to being a lead. But, I'm okay with it being more about Tanimura, Saejima, and Akiyama.

That has been my stance since day 1, so I appreciate someone seeing it the same way I do.

The first chapter with Hamazak was excellent and put a wonderful capper on the Kiryu/Hamazak arc/relationship. Everything after that is Kiryu just shoehorned into Tanimura's story.

Even Akiyama is shoehorned into things; he's ONLY involved because Yasuko/Lily came to him for money; he has 0 to do with the plot otherwise. Saejima has a lot more to do and is much more-involved with the plot, not to mention his character (and the job his VA does) is absolutely awesome, a true redemption character, even if the punishment wasn't warranted in the first place.

I can see what you guys mean. However I don’t think there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, just for one game, to lean more into new characters than to focus on Kiryu who seems way more like a mentor or someone who already knows what he’s doing. Especially when the devs were considering having a new main character. It’s hard to defend as a favorite or anything like that, and I especially find the ending really convoluted, but I kinda like that Akiyama is just kind of roped in because he might have issues with boundaries, or that Kiryu happens to take in a criminal however briefly. The only one I don’t really care for is Tanimura, he’s just sort of really boring.

The disconnected anthology of Yakuza 4 was actually what makes my second favrite behind Yakuza 2

By then I was tired of Kiryuu already and loved the variety. Neutral on Saejima and Tanimura but Akiyama the best character besides Yagami for me

Even Akiyama is shoehorned into things; he's ONLY involved because Yasuko/Lily came to him for money; he has 0 to do with the plot otherwise. Saejima has a lot more to do and is much more-involved with the plot, not to mention his character (and the job his VA does) is absolutely awesome, a true redemption character, even if the punishment wasn't warranted in the first place.

Well, the ledger Hamazaki found at the prison does involve Akiyama into the story more sensibly. And yes, Saejima is played by one of the greatest VAs in Japanese history, Rikiya Koyama, who also voices Takamura in Hajime no Ippo. Funny he voices characters that both fought bears

Started Yakuza 7 three days ago for the third time.
First time i paused it because of Judgment PS5 remaster, then i waited for the Yakuza 7 PS5 patch.
Then i had to start Yakuza 7 from scratch because no save file import and then i paused again
because of some other new games and then i played Judgment 2.
So my third attempt now because i'm afraid they are going to announce Yakuza 8 soon
andi still have i dont know 100 hours left in 7.

I dont know if this is a weird criticism or not
but i feel like they have missed a opportunity with the slot machines in this game.
I dont care about real life slot machines or gambling in general at all.
But i can appreciate a well made relaxing slot machine in a videogame.
For example the one in Shenmue 1 where you can see Ryo actually playing there and
its all within the game world. Theres no disconnect or pause.

But in Yakuza 7 it is clearly a seperate game within the game. It has to load very long just to start it
and then you just have this slot machine UI with black bars.
Its not in a actual room in the game world, theres nothing to look at around you
and Ichiban isnt even there. It would be so much cooler if you could actually walk into these buildings,
look at the slot machine statistics with Ichiban and then see Ichiban interacting with the machines.
Its really lame that it just loads some seperate emulated game.

Dunno if it’s cuz I’m not as interested in the side content this time around, but I’ve gotten the least trophies of any Yakuza games up to the point I’ve played. I’m on the Finale chapter. I’ll probably back track a little but I feel like this one’s plot engaged me a bit more than the others. Go figure.

Still on 4, MJQ?

If so, I echo the same sentiment; the side content in 4 piqued me the least as well, compared to the other games in the series. It's just... meh, on the whole.

Just wait for the final chapter of the finale; it'll ether placate your understanding of the game or it will piss you off to high hell :LOL:

Back