General RGG Discussion

I still havent finished the Yakuza 3 remaster box version. Didnt even start Yakuza 4. Played the Kiryu beginning of 5.
But yeah, i finished Lost Judgment not that long ago, now trying to play through Yakuza 7 without pausing it ...
then i'm pretty sure Yakuza 8 is coming up next.
Its just so much content. Its ridiculous how many games we got from 2017 - 2022.
Especially when you are trying to do all the side missions and extra fun stuff too.
Every game is like 70-130 hours. Its crazy.
But i'm still waiting for that Ishin remaster / remake Sega! I did not forget about that

This has probably already been discussed to death already, but what do you guys think of all the various jobs in 7? As in what jobs are good for what characters and whatnot? I finally picked the game up in the current Steam Sale.

I tried to stick with the barmaid job for Saeko, but it just seemed terrible. I switched her to idol for the healing, but I swear she's actually doing more damage now on top of charming enemies every 3rd attack or so. I guess I don't really understand how to use barmaid. For my other characters, I haven't felt the need to change jobs yet.

This has probably already been discussed to death already, but what do you guys think of all the various jobs in 7? As in what jobs are good for what characters and whatnot? I finally picked the game up in the current Steam Sale.

I tried to stick with the barmaid job for Saeko, but it just seemed terrible. I switched her to idol for the healing, but I swear she's actually doing more damage now on top of charming enemies every 3rd attack or so. I guess I don't really understand how to use barmaid. For my other characters, I haven't felt the need to change jobs yet.

I think on my 50 hour PS4 save file i actually didnt really care about some specific group setup or whatever,
i simply switched jobs whenever the old job reached level 12 or 15 or something like that.
Not because it was a must or whatever, i did it only to have a bit of variety.
But i never had any problem with the default starting classes, so i dont know if its even necessary to switch jobs.

Yeah, I never really switched jobs either. It was only with Ichiban that I switched to his first job class (Gangster or Thug or something along those lines) in hopes of unlocking cooler moves. Aside from the wrestling moves, I lost interest in the job and then switched back to Hero.

As everyone knows, I played the Japanese version and the hostess was called something like, "Nighttime Queen," or something like that (as Danmann referred to it) and I almost maxed out Dominatrix, thinking that it was the job Dan was referring to... but it ended up being hostess as the job to do for Saeko and I wasted so much time :'(

EDIT* Here's the post! https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/general-rgg-discussion.30/page-99#post-95519

Last edited:
Saw this video on Youtube

@03:02

I would love a new Yakuza game in this kind of authentic small town setting.
Also with the change to the country side / nature parts at 16:24 in between before the next town or part of a town starts.
I would love a game with this vibe. Give Ichiban or Yagami a bicycle to travel in these parts.
There are so much more settings available than the average big modern city.

I'm sure the next game will introduce us a new town, or something similar. Maybe nearby Kamakura? Yokosuka? Or some place new? I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Yeah, I'd also like them to go away from the big city for a while.

Last edited:
I finished Yakuza 4, but barely touched the side content. I don't know how I feel about that, but it's probably for the best if I want to keep going. I found the gameplay superior to Yakuza 3, at least the combat, but the plot did lose me a bit. I found the scenes in Yakuza 3 more memorable in general. Still think it's good they mixed it up with POVs, to keep things fresh.

Got Lost Judgment for Father's Day, so...

Don't forget, they're never NOT going to have Kamurocho, people; it's the main character of the series, the one constant, the epicenter of all the happenings in the series history.

It'll be in every game. I don't see them not straying from another big city though; they're able to cram in all of the shops, activities, etc., so I would think something like Kyoto maybe, at this point (since they've never gone there, outside of Kenzan!

Last edited:
I didn't see anyone suggesting that they would stop using Kamurocho. Think of something like RGG5 with multiple locations.
And not to mention all the other possibilities of different settings/historical periods.

I never said that anyone suggested that; I am merely doubling down on the fact it is going nowhere, so that we should just all just get used to/accept it at this point and hope for the best, for a second location.

personally, i want a cybperunk yakuza set in kamurocho. watching it evolve is fun. that's what makes this series so unique. it's like playing different series of a tv show.

I'm really a 'immersion enjoyer'.
So i would love to see like lets say three different Kamurocho sized settings,
part of a city, small town, countryside for example, so really different atmosphere
and you can actually travel between them manually by train or bus or taxi.
Make it a optional skippable scene. It doesnt even have to be a full length scene,
i'm fine with a cool cinematic cut.

The next level would be the player actually being able to use connecting roads
to manually drive to the next location with the driving model from Yakuza 5.
Again, not GTA rampage style, not open world, only for immersion. Let Ichiban and his group have interactive
dialogues in the car for example. One single road between the regions would be enough
as long as you can get a good feeling for the changes of the setting.

I also would love to finally see full eating and drinking animations.
They dont even have to model every single food. If its some kind of soup, just show that there is a soup plate
and Ichiban or whoever is using a spoon. If its some kind of meat, simply show that he has some kind of meat
on his fork or between chopsticks. It doesnt have to be that detailed.
Would love to see Ichiban walking around with a coffee to go in his hand and so on.

Those are things in games that i really like.

Japan_Tokyo_Signs-densely-line-an-alleyway-in-Kabuki-cho.jpg

5e414c23bdc22o.jpg

Shimonada-Station-1.webp

the-small-towns-ancient-japanese-houses-of-hida-furukawa-town-gifu-picture-id1216097949

102856924-osaka-japan-nov-24-2016-rural-houses-on-mountain-road-to-koyasan-in-osaka-japan-.jpg

D6BJ48tWkAEizG8.jpg

2bf0db103740891.5f53a19740b2d.jpg

Last edited:
Itโ€™s a shame they got rid of the generic sitting-and-eating animation from the Yakuza games. It was sort of understandable in Y7, since you were always with your party. But its complete removal from Lost Judgement was just a shame.

Hell, I always wished there was some sort of animation for using taxis. Again, nothing crazy but something totally skippable. Just something there for that immersion.

Shenmue has spoiled me.

Yeah, between another samurai spin-off and a futuristic spin-off, I would definitely go with the second option this time around. Punching robots sounds fun.

I'd like another Hokuto no Ken spinoff. This time based on the Ashura arc. I know we've talked about having a City Hunter spinoff, but it HAS TO be the cast from the anime, not from the pre-existing games of Yakuza (as they did for Hokuto no Ken).

Why not pick up a good anime series this time? How about Naruto? I hear that Naruto is extremely popular outside Asia.

Back