General RGG Discussion

Anyone with Xbox Gold or Gamepass can now play Judgment Remaster for free this week. Pretty cool promotion to see from Sega just before the sequel comes out.

Worldwide reviews are out too. Lot of 9,5 / 10. 9 / 10. 8,5 / 10. 8 / 10.
But this also means high spoiler alert. So dont google search or Youtube search Lost Judgment,
there are spoilers.

I guess it depends on their workflow.
It wouldnt surprise me at all if they already are going all in on Yakuza 8
and that would probably mean that there is no room for Ishin at the moment.
There could be room for Ishin if that was already their plan for the time after Lost Judgments release.
Maybe they will do a new samurai / feudal Japan spin off for the worldwide market this time?
If Yakuza 8 is like the next main target now with a same day worldwide release,
i think there wont be enough time for a Ishin translation in between.

Well I cancelled my EB order and went with a preorder through Amazon AU. It was slightly cheaper at $79 AUD. Now let's just hope it gets here on release date.

I am Chinese, we get simultaneous releases in Chinese since Yakuza Kiwami 1. When they announced Yakuza 3-5 Remastered, Yakuza producer Daisuke Sato specifically mentioned in an interview that the main reason they decided to make a remastered collection is that they didn't release these games in Chinese back then, so Chinese players never had a chance to learn the story between Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6, but now they have time to translate them into Chinese. With that being said, Sega still hasn't released the Chinese version of Yakuza Ishin.

The funny thing is when they released the Japanese version of Yakuza Ishin in the Chinese region, they actually cared to put an original script book (almost like a novel, similar to The Legend of Akira Scripts) translated into Chinese in the game box as a pre-order bonus so that you can fully understand the story, but still, the game itself is not localized probably due to lack of time.

So I guess like Tosh said, it really depends on their workflow
src=http___ps3.tgbus.com_UploadFiles_201402_20140226134044366.jpg&refer=http___ps3.tgbus.jpg
louis_psvhk-1595503853.jpg

Last edited:
My physical Lost Judgment PS5 version arrived today.
If you want to come around and watch me play,
my mum said its okay. But we are only allowed to play the racing / sport side activities.

daigo-fgc.gif

Well, it seems like making the dance school minigame taking place in front of a mirror
with like 12 or more characters + effects maybe wasnt the best idea.
The game is clearly dropping frames around that area and in the minigame,
even on PS5 and the 1440p 60 fps mode.
Which is an odd decision because obviously you dont want a unstable frame rate
in a sequence that is all about precise button inputs?
It still works fine but it is a little weird.

Just got mine today too. The steelbook is pretty cool, but it opens up backwards. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s intentional or not.

I already like the combat much more than the original, and I was really surprised to see that thereā€™s an option to default to sprinting while fighting, instead of having to tap X like before (one of the biggest problems I had with the originalā€™s combat). I donā€™t like the return of those Yakuza 7 static ā€œface-to-faceā€ cutscenes that play out during certain conversations, but since this isnā€™t a turn-based game, I might not actually mind it as much.

I'm at 11 hours 41 minutes now, chapter 3.
I spend most of the time with school activities or lets say unlocking the different paths
and oh boy, i'm not kidding i think in these 5 or 6 hours where i did nothing else than this school stuff,
i think 70% of the 5-6 hours was dialogue only and most of them were text only.
I feel like i read a whole book today.
I dont mind it but you really have to prepare for a lot of reading.

So far i only have two 'negative thoughts',
i'm a bit sad that the normal ego perspective is gone. You can only choose between
the detective mode with the big R2 icon right on the screen all the time or the photo mode
where all the NPCs are going to pose in front of you. I just want the normal ego perspective without any icons ...
And they didnt update any of the Yokohama streets in terms of detail,
some of them look really sterile and empty like in some open world MMORPG.

I wouldnt actually give the game a -1 point because of that, its just a personal thing.
And yes, the snake style really is cool and a lot of fun
but i feel like its almost a bit too good? I'm playing on hard and you can pretty puch counter every enemy,
even enemies that are attacking from behind?

Hmmmm.. I've always been a casual Yakuza fan and thought a lot of the gameplay is superficial, not very deep, with no real narrative behind all its mechanics and world. Id never get hyped for any of the yakuza releases and it's something id play when i had nothing else to play. I really enjoyed Yakuza 0. I thought Yakuza 3 was complete garbage even though i know its a fan favourte

With all that said though, I'm up to Chapter 12 of Yakuza 7 and I think its possibly one of the best games Sega has ever created. A lot of love and care went into this entry and I'm having an absolute amazing time with it. All my expectations have been shattered.

It's the best in the series (7), especially having a year+ to reflect, it'll sit atop for a while.

3 isn't garbage, you just don't like it :)

Back