General Virtua Fighter Talk

I got to level 22 raider then it started matching me against lv 24+ and those guys are just fucking unbelievably good at the game. Lots of Jean users who hit you once and do 40-50% strings where you never touch the floor. Make the wrong choice on wake up and you give up the round lol. Win rate is down to 57% from 70%, very tough to compete at the higher levels. Still fun though, matchmaking is noticeably slower for me this week however which is a bit worrisome.

I got to level 22 raider then it started matching me against lv 24+ and those guys are just fucking unbelievably good at the game. Lots of Jean users who hit you once and do 40-50% strings where you never touch the floor. Make the wrong choice on wake up and you give up the round lol. Win rate is down to 57% from 70%, very tough to compete at the higher levels. Still fun though, matchmaking is noticeably slower for me this week however which is a bit worrisome.
I cant tell you how much i dislike going up against a good Jean, Goh or Taka. Their combos are so damaging and they have tons of options.

Gonna play some more tonight. We need to get them lobby games going soon people.

Love this game. I give it a 9/10. Phenomenal fighting game

What's the joystick to get for PS4?

I have the DLC now for VF 5 Ultimate Showdown, i tried to do Shenmue characters.

Eileen is my main. Eileen/Shenhua, i did two versions. With Pai Chan is possible to make a version of Shenhua too.

VFEileenShenhua1.jpg

My inspiration for this version was Shenhua from Shenmue III
VFEileenShenhua2.jpg

Akira Yuki/Ryo Hazuki. With the options available i was only able to do this. Maybe SEGA will make a second DLC because i feel that there is more customization in Final Showdown then in Ultimate Showdown, but for now i tought it is cool like this.

VFAkiraRyo.jpg

Aoi Umenokoji/Nozomi Harasaki. With her i found the perfect hair and the face i didn't changed, it is her normal face and looks really similar to Nozomi in this game in my opinion, i love this. I didn't found the school outfit or something similar so for now it will be like this. If SEGA make a second DLC i will support. This game is amazing, i'm enjoying a lot, the only problem for me is the spammers, but i try to make strategies for this and sometimes i win and sometimes i lose. This game is wonderful.

image0.jpg

Last edited:
I have the DLC now for VF 5 Ultimate Showdown, i tried to do Shenmue characters.

Eileen is my main. Eileen/Shenhua, i did two versions. With Pai Chan is possible to make a version of Shenhua too.

View attachment 11709

My inspiration for this version was Shenhua from Shenmue III
View attachment 11710

Akira Yuki/Ryo Hazuki. With the options available i was only able to do this. Maybe SEGA will make a second DLC because i feel that there is more customization in Final Showdown then in Ultimate Showdown, but for now i tought it is cool like this.

View attachment 11711

Aoi Umenokoji/Nozomi Harasaki. With her i found the perfect hair and the face i didn't changed, it is her normal face and looks really similar to Nozomi in this game in my opinion, i love this. I didn't found the school outfit or something similar so for now it will be like this. If SEGA make a second DLC i will support. This game is amazing, i'm enjoying a lot, the only problem for me is the spammers, but i try to make strategies for this and sometimes i win and sometimes i lose. This game is wonderful.

View attachment 11712
That's awesome. We should create a thread for custom outfits and see who can make the best ones

What's the joystick to get for PS4?
I have a Madcatz Tournament Edition 2 fight stick. It's pretty old now, but it works wonders. I picked it up when i was in Japan

te2ps4-620x350.png

I'm officially stuck at Level 21. I can own lower ranks, but Hunter Rank and Greater usually own me.

It is jarring coming from Tekken. Whereas Tekken is all about spacing and setting up for juggles, VF is way more about being face to face, poking, side stepping and throws. It is hard to readjust after playing SO much Tekken 7 and getting used to its mechanics. But I'm still having fun going online with it. Spammers aside.

Yeah, the higher ranks are insane at this game...but fun to watch.

Matchmaking was good again yesterday (phew) so people aren't dropping off :)

I had an 8 loss streak, then a 10 win streak, then a 4 loss streak, 3 win streak and then it was midnight so i went to bed

Managed to get back into Raider and was one fight of getting the next rank but nerves got to me and I blew it in the final round.

It's so addictive this game, got the 300 fights trophy last night and hit 24 hours playtime at the same time :rolleyes:

Just glad the wife isn't giving me any shit for hogging the TV :ROFLMAO:

Here on Spain the matchmaking depends a lot on what time do you play. Usually at lunch (13:30-14:00BST) it is easy to going on rank. At nights it works better from 22:00BST. I need that they release the patch with invites and room search so we can have our Dojo Leagues and Tournaments and crazy stuff.
Left Jacky on 3rd Dan and move yesterday to Akira, weird thing is that everytime I won a match the oponents did not want to rematch. That was super rare with Jacky and Sarah but almost always with Akira, not sure if people is intimadated or what.
Also, my Akira is Ryo Sakazaki going Mr Karate from AOF xD
E3dwPFSWYAYPHza.jpg

I be sidestepping! He never did learn to mind his surroundings. ;)

Unfortunately, they seemingly got the shits and didn't stick around for a rematch. But hey, I'm still not sure how to punish Lei Fei or where Lei Fei's strings end, but sidestepping works.

Also, do they not demote ranks before a certain level in this game? I've been hovering at Hunter and have still yet to be demoted even though I've gone on win and loss tilts. Made me wonder if you don't start getting demoted until you reach a certain rank?

Last edited:
Matchmaking was good again yesterday (phew) so people aren't dropping off :)
It's been pretty good. Every time I've been back on, I find matches pretty quickly. Is it just me or did this latest patch improve things online? Inputs don't feel as heavy to me....either that or I've been finding better connections.

I be sidestepping! He never did learn to mind his surroundings. ;)

Unfortunately, they seemingly got the shits and didn't stick around for a rematch. But hey, I'm still not sure how to punish Lei Fei or where Lei Fei's strings end, but sidestepping works.

Also, do they not demote ranks before a certain level in this game? I've been hovering at Hunter and have still yet to be demoted even though I've gone on win and loss tilts. Made me wonder if you don't start getting demoted until you reach a certain rank?
haha brilliant. Lei fei is so annoying

That was a great example of you keeping a cool head and making good use of spacing. You could feel the cockiness and overconfidence of the first round completely melt away by the 5th.

Must try that edge lure against Jean strings because he seems to always beat whatever I throw out

Not sure about demoting. But if you are about to get a promotion and start losing a lot your progress bar start to decrease.

BTW, I know that matches Australia vs Europe are difficult to set, but now that we can search rooms we should fight!!!

Not sure about demoting. But if you are about to get a promotion and start losing a lot your progress bar start to decrease.

BTW, I know that matches Australia vs Europe are difficult to set, but now that we can search rooms we should fight!!!
We definitely have to at some point

Wow, the Virtua Fighter Esports Arcade allows you to play people online from the cabinet. That's a great move to keep people playing when no one is around during certain times of the day.

upload_2021-6-10_12-9-34-png.4072

They should do this with all online capable games in the arcade. It could bring a new life to this golden forgotten scene.

This is right, but you can't be demoted lower than Hunter. The bar bottoms out, but you won't go back to 10th Dan.

Yes, I did learn this the hard way :sweatsmile: :coffee:

I've made it to 4th Dan, which is an accomplishment for me at the moment. lol.

I have no ability to judge when people are going to throw, or how to know when to time a throw reversal. I spent like an hour on the tutorial and training and then it all fell apart in a match. The "predictive" part of the game is what really eludes me. I just don't think fast enough... I guess it's more about being prepared to react at a split second rather than "predicting." I also frequently get caught in the cheapest combos; for instance, how do I escape 3-4 jabs in a row when I'm guarding? It seems like whenever I let go of guard my opponent immediately has a window to hit me. Should I be evading more?

My defensive game is a mess. That's what I know.

In my opinion, this is one of the best video games of all time. I have put in 25 hours and I am absolutely miserable at it. I have no desire to stop playing.

Back