General Virtua Fighter Talk

I think DLC is just A, B costumes, 90s mode,
but you dont have that detail customization with dozens of hairstyles, gauntlets etc, right?
Customisation is locked out by default on the menu screen on the PS Plus version. You need the dlc to gain access to customisation.

12EB9A30-5A5F-450D-9A08-7C60344761FD.jpeg

Last edited:
01F4F78F-544F-463E-9450-01300F74FFC4.jpeg

you can tell it’s launch night and not many people are playing right now. ;) That’s the highest I will ever get on this Oceania ranking screen :D Once the VF pros come in, it will be all over.

Been playing a bit of ranked. Some matches have felt good. Others you can feel the heaviness in inputs. But seems mostly okay so far.

Sometimes it pays to be Australian haha.
Took a while to download but here we are! Was also able to throw together a very loose Ryo outfit with the limited customizations currently available 🥲 Let's goooooo!

View attachment 11591

I still hope they add more dlc to the customisation down the line. Would love if they actually added Ryo’s jacket. Would totally pay for that. Milk us Sega!

Enjoy it Oceania people! I hope here in Europe it gets updated tonight as well because I'm so hyped.

I'll definately but the DLC, and in the future the game too, I would right away but my economy isn't the best right now.

What I'd love is obviously more items with Sega themed (Ryo's clothes for Jacky and Akira, Lan Di's clothes for Lau, Kiryu's clothes and so on) and what I really miss are the original VF4 and VF5 scenarios. I don't know why in the Final Showdown they downgraded the stages. VF4 and 5 had great particle effects like the flooded ruins, the snow field or the sand in the beach, but for some reason they removed water and snow and just stayed with the sand in the ruins level. Since VF's scenarios are quite static that gave them a very nice and distinct touch. I was hoping this release would see them come back, but no.

They could add a whole bunch of SEGA themed clothing. If you don’t want to have Kiryu as DLC because Nagoshi doesn’t want him beating up women then that’s fine. Just give us his clothing and let us dress up characters in Kiryu’s iconic clothes. :)

They could add a whole bunch of SEGA themed clothing. If you don’t want to have Kiryu as DLC because Nagoshi doesn’t want him beating up women then that’s fine. Just give us his clothing and let us dress up characters in Kiryu’s iconic clothes. :)
Daniel, as far as single player there's only the arcade, vs and training right?

I hope they add some mode like the old Kumite/Quest modes, I don't want anything really hard to make, just to be able to play with differently clothed characters and their difficulty according to their grade while you get your grade better, like always since VF4. Some of us won't play much online.

Daniel, as far as single player there's only the arcade, vs and training right?

I hope they add some mode like the old Kumite/Quest modes, I don't want anything really hard to make, just to be able to play with differently clothed characters and their difficulty according to their grade while you get your grade better, like always since VF4. Some of us won't play much online.

yeah, pretty much. That’s all there is Single Player wise.

online is Ranked, Room and Tournaments. Although I’m not sure tournaments is live as it tells me at the menu screen “preparing” under where it should be. So maybe that is still being worked on?

mostly just been hanging out in ranked. Lost a few matches, won some. just seeing how it holds up online.

I would like to see a Tour mode back in. I did love VF 4 Evolutions tour mode, but this does seem focused on the online aspect.

Played about 10 games. No lag so far, but im not too sure what country my opponents were in.

I'm coming for that rank @danielmann861

its not gonna take much ;) I’ve already faced off against a few who have clearly been playing Final Showdown for years already as is :)

You can show some support for VF in the GameFAQs poll today if you want

Untitled.png

If you don’t want to have Kiryu as DLC because Nagoshi doesn’t want him beating up women then that’s fine.
Ryo DOES what KiryuDON'T

Anyone know whose watermark that is in the bottom right, btw? I assume this from some clip on youtube.

Had a little bit of a laugh/cry at 3:05...

Last edited:
I've had about 80 matches in ranked and I've got to say, online has held up pretty decently all things considered. Some matches are noticeably a little more heavy or laggy on inputs, but other matches feel fine. It's been pretty good so far. I'm enjoying it all around. The game looks really damn good in person and I'm having a good time with it online.

For now, I'm off to bed. It's 8am in the morning and I've been awake for about 20 hours now so time to get some sleep. But yeah, I will definitely play more of it when I wake up in a couple of hours. It's a hell of a lot of fun and feels really damn good.

Back