General Virtua Fighter Talk

You're being too hard on yourself. Remember this is a 15 year old game at heart and the good Japanese players have been playing it regularly since then.

It took me 3 years to get to gold rank in Street Fighter V then I flew up to ultra gold a week later.

Been playing this a lot recently. On 2nd Dan and surprisingly doing okay against the competition. The moment I encounter someone on Hunter status they wipe the floor with me and I don’t think I will ever put the time or effort to really be proficient but enjoying this nonetheless.

I really want to get better with Vanessa but I feel like I've hit my comprehension ceiling in regards to how she plays. I would love to play more with her online but don't want to murder my stats. I doubt we'll see it but I'd pay to get a Quest mode like the original VF5 so I could screw around with other fighters I'm not good with, without concern for my stats.

Nice going ShenSun, you're killing it !

I got Brad up to Sentinel (25) today so switched back to Akira who is still at Berserker (24) to try and keep moving them up together if I can.

Nice going ShenSun, you're killing it !

I got Brad up to Sentinel (25) today so switched back to Akira who is still at Berserker (24) to try and keep moving them up together if I can.
Thanks mate. Been working hard.

I added you on PSN. Let's get some games in soon.

Ok, not much playing during the weekend, but all VF1 Cast ranked to 1st Dan, now with fucking Lion (I only like him in VF2) and drunkman Shun

Made it back up to Level 22 Raider tonight. Haven't played in about a week or so. Been still going back to Tekken 7.

...I'm gonna be 100% honest. As much as I like VF5 US, the thing that lets it down the most for me is its netcode. Some matches are perfectly fine and feel pretty responsive. Others are just straight up lag city. I hate to say it but even Tekken 7 on PC at its worst online doesn't feel as bad as this does sometimes (to me at least)

I know we all want to praise SEGA for bringing back VF, but if they have any serious intent to do VF6, please dear god let them experiment with roll back because the net code really is the one thing that bothers me the most about this game. Not enough to make me not want to play it. But it does bother me enough to the point where it is noticeable to me and it is something that needs to be addressed should we see VF6.

Although I do fear if VF6 happens we'll get more of this absorb delay based code just because...which would sadden me as I think of VF as being once upon a time the cutting edge 3D fighter that paved the way for everyone else and if there was a 3D fighting game franchise to embrace roll back then this is the one I would once upon a time imagine doing it.

Although, I do have some questions regarding roll back in 3D fighting games in general. Is there a proper 3D fighting game that actually has roll back? I know Harada claims T7 has it as of Season 4 but no one buys it as the game still feels very much delay based. But I was curious, is there a reason we haven't seen Roll Back in a 3D fighter yet?

I don't know, if I have ONE complaint with it, it really is the netcode, it's not a complete deal breaker for me, but when its at its worst then it is definitely noticeable...I just wish it was better but as is, I think I still prefer Tekken 7's netcode over this (and that ain't saying much)

Made it back up to Level 22 Raider tonight. Haven't played in about a week or so. Been still going back to Tekken 7.

...I'm gonna be 100% honest. As much as I like VF5 US, the thing that lets it down the most for me is its netcode. Some matches are perfectly fine and feel pretty responsive. Others are just straight up lag city. I hate to say it but even Tekken 7 on PC at its worst online doesn't feel as bad as this does sometimes (to me at least)

I know we all want to praise SEGA for bringing back VF, but if they have any serious intent to do VF6, please dear god let them experiment with roll back because the net code really is the one thing that bothers me the most about this game. Not enough to make me not want to play it. But it does bother me enough to the point where it is noticeable to me and it is something that needs to be addressed should we see VF6.

Although I do fear if VF6 happens we'll get more of this absorb delay based code just because...which would sadden me as I think of VF as being once upon a time the cutting edge 3D fighter that paved the way for everyone else and if there was a 3D fighting game franchise to embrace roll back then this is the one I would once upon a time imagine doing it.

Although, I do have some questions regarding roll back in 3D fighting games in general. Is there a proper 3D fighting game that actually has roll back? I know Harada claims T7 has it as of Season 4 but no one buys it as the game still feels very much delay based. But I was curious, is there a reason we haven't seen Roll Back in a 3D fighter yet?

I don't know, if I have ONE complaint with it, it really is the netcode, it's not a complete deal breaker for me, but when its at its worst then it is definitely noticeable...I just wish it was better but as is, I think I still prefer Tekken 7's netcode over this (and that ain't saying much)
The netcode is definitely an issue with this game. Its too hit or miss. I have considered stopping several times due to it. I continued because i love the game, but i definitely understand where you're coming from

The spammers are really ruining the ranked matches for me. I know that my own skills could use some work, but I don't find strategizing how to consistently get around Taka's cheapest moves fun. I'm starting to like playing as Pai-Chan and Vanessa. I also started playing Mario Galaxy randomly, so that's taking some of my focus off VF for the time being.

Last edited:
I'm ok. There's still a lot of flaws in my game

I'll add you when i jump back on the PlayStation.
Next time you are on send me an invite. Being playing this a fair bit lately.

Anyone who wants a few rounds add me on Sheepboy29

Last edited:
What I wouldn't give for proper invites over this room system they cobbled together....tried playing a room match just now...no go. Everytime we entered rooms, the game would just kick us back to the main menu. I guess the distance between us playing a factor there. This is where Rollback would have been nice...but oh well, we don't live in that nice world.

Anyways, the lobby system really isn't great. Would much rather have just straight up invites from the PS4/PS5 dashboard instead.

I feel like that should be just mandatory for every online game...must have proper system level invite functionality no matter what.

Yeah that was a frustrating experience trying to play a game with @danielmann861

Not only can’t you direct invite from your friends list but the lobby ID is hidden on menu screen. It’s a process which shouldn’t be this complicated.

Still enjoying my time with this and able to beat a few folks on Hunter level which was satisfying.

Back