General Virtua Fighter Talk

Now I am on Hunter status I have people rage quitting or failing to play a lot more. The joys of higher ranks.

Can someone tell me how certain players/characters can constantly perform throws when stunned or one the ground? I encountered this Goh player who basically would close quarters and any time I was down he would turn that into a throw/arm twist move.

Now I am on Hunter status I have people rage quitting or failing to play a lot more. The joys of higher ranks.

Can someone tell me how certain players/characters can constantly perform throws when stunned or one the ground? I encountered this Goh player who basically would close quarters and any time I was down he would turn that into a throw/arm twist move.
That bastard is overpowered. Every thing he does turns into a throw.

That bastard is overpowered. Every thing he does turns into a throw.
Yeah in a skill players hand, that bump into throw move/arm twist is so over powered and honestly I didn’t have the skills to overcome.

Speaking of which so I encountered this room with a Jeffry McWild player at I think level 7-8 Kyu. I don’t think much about it, the games settings is set to one round. He immediately runs to the back of the stage and essentially will tackle you then pulls you up by head and then spams attacks you into the wall. The first time he caught me off guard but managed to repeat this 2-3 times. I didn’t take the bait one game and got his health down until somehow he floored me with one attack and was able to spam the butt slam or butt splash attack even though I was trying to get up or roll out of the way 3 times in a row and avoid defeat. Am I doing something wrong? Very frustrating but I had to laugh at how cheap it was since he repeated exact same strategy ad nauseam against other players.

Yeah in a skill players hand, that bump into throw move/arm twist is so over powered and honestly I didn’t have the skills to overcome.

Speaking of which so I encountered this room with a Jeffry McWild player at I think level 7-8 Kyu. I don’t think much about it, the games settings is set to one round. He immediately runs to the back of the stage and essentially will tackle you then pulls you up by head and then spams attacks you into the wall. The first time he caught me off guard but managed to repeat this 2-3 times. I didn’t take the bait one game and got his health down until somehow he floored me with one attack and was able to spam the butt slam or butt splash attack even though I was trying to get up or roll out of the way 3 times in a row and avoid defeat. Am I doing something wrong? Very frustrating but I had to laugh at how cheap it was since he repeated exact same strategy ad nauseam against other players.
Assign one of the triggers as p+k+g. The second you hit the floor, press that button. You will instantly recover and get back up quickly. You can then block the jumping ground attack and punish him. Or you can try to evade once you quickly recover and punish him.

Assign one of the triggers as p+k+g. The second you hit the floor, press that button. You will instantly recover and get back up quickly. You can then block the jumping ground attack and punish him. Or you can try to evade once you quickly recover and punish him.

I assigned the L1 button to P+K+G. I prefer it being on a button as opposed to a trigger. It's a god send for those of us not playing with an Arcade stick having said shortcuts.

Also, for anyone else here that has a PS5...is it just me or are the triggers super sensitive? Do I have a faulty controller or are they just REALLY sensitive. I usually rest my fingers on the triggers, but I find even the slightest touch activates a trigger press on the dual sense...it's rather annoying sometimes.

E5I5FIsVcAMZGG7

Love this game. So damn good

Well, I got Pai leveled up to LVL 21 tonight.

I still love pulling off Parries with Pai. It's just insanely satisfying pulling off a parry or two against the likes of an overbearing Jean :D

That's the thing I still struggle with...being overburdened...especially by Japanese players which I get a lot of, they don't give you an inch. But it is satisfying to time the occasional parry correctly and watch the animation.

Pai isn't quite Xiaoyu...I still think Xiaoyu is insanely more flexible with the AOP and darting in and out to lure and bait people into pressing the wrong button still feels easier to me in Tekken as a whole. That's the thing I'm still struggling to get my head wrapped...how to lure people in VF.

Most match ups against good players in VF end with me being insanely pressured and never knowing when its right to punish or go on the counter attack.

I don't know...I think I really do want to play this game the same way I play Tekken (backdashing is key in Tekken) and I have to remember the guard button doesn't allow for the same level of backdashing...I can get space in some matches, but other times you just feel overburdened by some players.

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with insane pressure in this game. But I think learning Pai is a little more rewarding than learning Sarah, just because of those parries.

Makes me almost want to pick up Aoi next since I know she is insanely parry heavy.

One week without playing since I am travelling for work reasons. I could kill for a Switch/PC version

One week without playing since I am travelling for work reasons. I could kill for a Switch/PC version

You and me both...I'd kill for a PC version just because I'd be keen to see mods pop up...give me Ryo mods!

Are you guys still planning on doing anything? Might be up for it pending on whether you guys set anything up.
Nothing officially confirmed, but i should be on around 10pm uk time id say.

Have you got the playstation app installed on your phobe? Ill post a message a little before i hop on the playstation in the group chat, and on here

Jacky level up to 7th Dan and i lost my 20win streak against a fucking one combo shity fatguy Taka

Jacky level up to 7th Dan and i lost my 20win streak against a fucking one combo shity fatguy Taka
Was he doing that "belly bounce"-type move? I got fucked by that once too. I had no idea what to do. I assume I needed to do some sort of quick evade and quickly counter. Unfortunately, either lag or my horrible reflexes refused to cooperate.

I sort of flatlined at 7th Dan with Kage-Maru. I think he might not actually be my character. Every time I try out another character my win/loss ratio is significantly better than with Kage. No idea why I like that stupid guy so much. The Kung Fu monk seems like a really fun character to master. I love how he goes into a new pose when you kick. You can sense the complexity.

Lei Fei, Pai and Shun giving me massive problems at the moment, especially Shun. Looks like an old man but fights with the energy of a four year old at a wedding. Guy spends mores time sliding on his knees or on his back or upside down than on two feet. Lei Fei and Pai are just so bloody fast with constant high low high combos, crazy tricky to determine the block game. Sidesteps don't really help as the combos track. Just an all around bloody nightmare.

My problem is I tend to play too long, fatigue sets in and I go on tilt/autopilot, both bad habits. It's like earlier I won 9 in a row then lost the next 4. Should've stopped at 10.

The ranking system is so bloody stingy now. Win 7 in a row and it'll budge about a cm. Lose the next two and you're pretty much back where you started.

Back