General Virtua Fighter Talk

Is that when he tackles you and then gets on top to pummel you in the face? A few weeks ago I encountered a Goh player that was constantly pulling that repeatedly.
That's the one. Its really dumb, especially when its combined in a combo. There should be some damage scailing

Look at this, I made one wrong move against POWERHOUSE Eileen and I should lose 50% of my bar from the off?

If getting to level 30 requires studying frame data like some jobless hermit then they can keep it 🥴
I wish it was like that.

This is the type of stupidness i've been seeing non stop when I play. (That's not the exact combo, but the damage output is the same)

Last edited:
I hope they end up fixing the match thing. Because I really wouldn't mind kicking the crap out of a bunch of you on here in VF5.

And yes, I use Lei Fei. And you'd go to night night.

add me to the group. I won't be downloading the app. But, I want parts.

miraigaara is my psn name. let me know you from the dojo and shit

This may sound like a stupid question, anyone tried playing with a Saturn controller?

When VF5 FS was on PS3, I used to have a Saturn to USB adapter that worked flawlessly on the PS3 and would play VF2 and VF5 FS with my Saturn Pad all the time.

Was kind of wondering if that's even possible with PS4? I haven't tried on my PS5 but I'd be surprised if it worked there at all.

I was playing a little more this afternoon and had that urge to play it with a Saturn pad instead.

I do. I use a wireless retrobit 2.4ghz Mega Drive 6 button pad (you can use the Saturn variant if you prefer, but I like the slightly looser D-Pad of the MD one) with the dongle plugged into a brook ps3>ps4 converter. Works fine on PS5, for PS4 games.

Ive been featured on the virtuafighter.com site, talking about my journey and progress on VF5US

VF has an awesome community and i never thought id reach such a level when i first started playing.

Screenshot_20210722_165032_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210722_164437_com.brave.browser.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722_164509_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722_164509_com.brave.browser.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210722_164509_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722_164509_com.brave.browser.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 2
Honestly, I kind of gave up with it.

Everytime I go back to it I feel like I'm waiting in the lobby for anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes for a match now...ever since they fixed the bars to show proper connection, I just keep getting anywhere from 0 to 2 bars that keep rejecting everytime...that or I get the occasional match followed by another long wait in the lobby.

But yeah, it really is a fucking shame the netcode still sucks....this game deserved better...but alas, I went back to Tekken 7...while far from the greatest netcode, I can at least get a steady flow of matches in T7 with mostly decent connections.

I really wish SEGA had done a better job with the netcode on this...I had a feeling it would drop off after the initial Plus hype....but yeah, it's a shame....the netcode is once again the thing that makes me not want to come back to VF5.

If they do a VF6...please, for the love of god SEGA....look at roll back and at least experiment.

Yeah, the last patch really messed up the netcode. When I get matched with someone you'll be fighting the same person over and over. A shame I hope they can fix it in the next update.

When asked what I'd like to see for the franchise I asked for Character Stories (an opening and ending at the very least), a return of quest mode from VF5 or 4 EVO, more emphasis on spacing, timing and counters as opposed to skirting players 10 yards across the floor for 60% braindead combos and guest characters from Shenmue and Yakuza. Ryo Hazuki and Ren Wuying vs Kiryu and Majima come on Sega. Easy money.

When asked what I'd like to see for the franchise I asked for Character Stories (an opening and ending at the very least), a return of quest mode from VF5 or 4 EVO, more emphasis on spacing, timing and counters as opposed to skirting players 10 yards across the floor for 60% braindead combos and guest characters from Shenmue and Yakuza. Ryo Hazuki and Ren Wuying vs Kiryu and Majima come on Sega. Easy money.
Spot on man spot on. I also mentioned guest characters with similar names. Had to get ichiban in there over majima though :)

hahahah absolute legend

There’s a bunch of questions about Net code at the end.

View attachment 12427
Given how much netcode was mentioned in that survey, i reckon its a given. Still we have to keep the pressure going. Most likely they're gathering feedback to make plans for VF6

Back