General Virtua Fighter Talk

If they got RGG to add a quest mode with their unique sense of humor--would be a bit jarring, but what a way to get "normies" into the game--& reintroduce that stellar VF4: EVO tutorial, hello greatest fighting game ever. Seems unlikely, but hell... let's dream.

Wonder why I'm getting constantly smashed by this 26 Wolf...(that it keeps putting me against 4 times over) oh cus player is a 37 Grimslayer with some of their other characters putting them in top 200 in the world.

It's basically Virtua Smurfing now. Don't mind being beaten by visibly higher ranked players but getting schooled by players 3 ranks below because of this dumb system sucks.

PS Plus subscription off until October, but I am planning to play A LOT VF3tb during my holidays

Does anyone know how it's been doing sales wise have they released any numbers since the game came out?

see still none of you want some fucking smoke.

Man, the online is dead where I am....I came back to it this afternoon and spent about 40 minutes waiting for a ranked match.

Granted, I'm in Australia so I don't know what it's like for other territories?

I'm waiting for the next patch before touching it again. Hopefully it sorts out the 'fight the same guy 5 times in a row' problem it currently has. I would wager that's what a lot of players are doing

My main in VF 5 is Eileen, in the other games is probably Pai Chan, Akira or Sarah, i want to learn how to play with Aoi as well, i like playing with the other characters as well.

Question for people here, what character is your main character in the VF games?

If anyone here want to play Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown with me please let me know, thank you.

Let's get the vote out for VF5 Best Fighting Game of the Year at the Video Game Awards!!

Announced on the 4th as well. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, a Shenmue DLC pack is to follow.

I mean, it’s RGG, so I guess it’s to be expected…
I’m curious about the VF3 remixes, as I don’t believe any existed before (the Dreamcast version had the same tracks as the arcade version, unlike VF1 and 2 which had remixes just for the Saturn versions)

I agree, given the very strong Shenmue connection with VF it feels like a kick in the teeth. I’m not against this Yakuza pack but i hope that we will get a Shenmue pack next.

Akira - Ryo
Lau Chan - Lan Di
Aoi Umenokoji - A mix of Nozomi Harasaki and Izumi Takano
Pai Chan - Xiuying or Zhen Wei
Shun Di - Master Jiusi Sun
Shenhua don’t have a connection to VF characters but we could get Shenhua’s clothes for Eileen.

And so much more...

It is nice though that we will get popular character customization from previous VF titles.

Last edited:
Seeing this hurts a little bit.

Akira dressed as Kiyuu in the VF5US DLC doesn't sit right with me. Like it get it but given the very strong Shenmue connection it feels like a kick in the teeth.

I mean I understand why

$$$. That and its running on the Dragon Engine so its probably easy for them to bring in Yakuza resources as is.

I'm not surprised its costumes only. I didn't think we would see full fledged Kiryu and Majima as that would be more work for them in the sense of rebalancing game play by adding new characters and such. I'm still holding hope that if we get an eventual VF6 then we will see DLC guests such as Majima and Kiryu, especially now that Nagoshi is leaving SEGA. Let Kiryu guest star in some fighting games. Free him from that cage.

But for this? I'm not surprised it's costumes and BGM only. Makes sense for what this is.

The fact that it's Yakuza before Shenmue hurts a little but is not entirely surprising either. Yakuza is the more popular brand for them ATM and its the one they're obviously gonna milk.

I finally went back to VF5 tonight and was surprised to see there are still people playing online and I was still getting matches. I thought by now it would have been a graveyard but there are still people playing so that's cool.

Shenmue DLC would be awesome to have one day. C'mon SEGA. I know you have hard feelings towards Shenmue but you guys like $$$ right? Surely you could add a Ryo outfit in the costumes and let us have our fun. You know there is that overlap of VF and Shenmue fans that would gladly give you their $$$ for Shenmue DLC.

Want Ryo/Shenmue items in VF5US? Then get over here and let Sega know. Given the series links this should be a no-brainer.

still no one wants the smoke?

I'm sick of playing marstheblack online who realizes when his shitty ass can't beat anyone he just spams certain moves to get the win.

Hi folks. I fixed up a rambling retrospective on the original game recently. It includes a lot of footage captured directly from my own model 1 arcade board (not until about 18 minutes in though). Hope it's of some interest. Cheers.

Back