General Virtua Fighter Talk

As far as I remember Yu Suzuki was not involved in any VF5, not even sure if he was in VF4 Final Tunned.

As far as I remember Yu Suzuki was not involved in any VF5, not even sure if he was in VF4 Final Tunned.

According to the Virtua Fighter Wiki Yu Suzuki was the Executive Director of Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, and Producer of VF4 Final Tunned.

Nothing about Yu Suzuki in VF5 in the Virtua Fighter Wiki.

I was kind of embarrassed and ashamed to only realize today that Jacky's win quote:

Is actually part of a famous quote by Muhammad Ali:

Dude was bad.
I still think this line sounds borderline insane when Jacky says it, though. :sweatsmile:

I need to go back online, but I haven't play for months so my level right now is shit

How do you guys feel about VF1 vs VF Remix as far Saturn versions of the first game go? Also FUCK Lion. Annoying sneaky cunt...

Who would be your choice as the 5th tournament champion? Or better yet who would you have in the championship match? My bout would feature Aoi vs Lei-Fei with Aoi winning.

I'm sorry to any Tekken fans on here, it's a great series, but man... going back and forth between Tekken 1/2 on PS1 and Virtua Fighter Remix/2 on Saturn is just unreal. You think you know how good the early games are, and then you play the (still very excellent) competition and realize they were practically next-gen in comparison. Absolute fucking magic, I don't know how AM2 did it.

I would love a VF6 announcement within the next couple years. Do you see one happening? Also speaking of which if one is announced who do you think canonically will be the 5th tournament winner?

I would love a VF6 announcement within the next couple years. Do you see one happening? Also speaking of which if one is announced who do you think canonically will be the 5th tournament winner?
Yes. Thanks to Yakuza (dragon?)studio Virtua Fighter is having a revival. Sega is considering e-sports around it, and there's a slight chance of experiencing VF fighting outside the series.
Seiji Aoki is a genious and his eyes are popping out in that posted picture because Yu-san has showed him a glimpse of Shenmue 4 and how its development is approached. So he jumps at Yu Suzuki's side once more, for making great things.
Today I believe Goh will be the canonical winner but tomorrow idk ❤️

Yes. Thanks to Yakuza (dragon?)studio Virtua Fighter is having a revival. Sega is considering e-sports around it, and there's a slight chance of experiencing VF fighting outside the series.
Seiji Aoki is a genious and his eyes are popping out in that posted picture because Yu-san has showed him a glimpse of Shenmue 4 and how its development is approached. So he jumps at Yu Suzuki's side once more, for making great things.
Today I believe Goh will be the canonical winner but tomorrow idk ❤️
That's very interesting I didn't know about the E sport thing. It would be cool if 6 was announced at Evo this year. Shenmue IV with the VF engine and Sega backing is the dream but man what a wonderful world that would be. I'm curious as to why you choose Goh? My under the radar candidate would be Aoi; I selfishly say that after I have been playing her recently over these past few years and I have come to appreciate her after pretty much avoiding her and those reversals for over 20 years lol.

That's very interesting I didn't know about the E sport thing. It would be cool if 6 was announced at Evo this year. Shenmue IV with the VF engine and Sega backing is the dream but man what a wonderful world that would be. I'm curious as to why you choose Goh? My under the radar candidate would be Aoi; I selfishly say that after I have been playing her recently over these past few years and I have come to appreciate her after pretty much avoiding her and those reversals for over 20 years lol.
Aoi is both awesome character and killer martial artist. I can't think about her and her elegant yet dreadful moves as a reflection of Shenmue's Xiu Ying.
However, I'm chosing Goh because I feel cool a winner coming from a grappling style at the series. But again, now I kind of want Aoi, tomorrow maybe Shun Di because inner style... I'm very volatile at some gaming opinions 😅

Back