Ghost of Tsushima.

Yes Ghost of Tsushima was the best Sony game this gen. It is still quite a bite generic and follow the Sony forumala too much but the setting makes up for that a lot. I am biased I am big Japan fan and history geek so I can overlook the typical open world stuff. the Game has a good atmosphäre, an awesome soundtrack and the combat is fun.

My negative points are that the open world is bland feels empty. But that is not a problem of Ghost of Tsushima. All so called open world games suffer form that.

It would be so cool if the NPC react to Jin way more. And they should react differently according to the play style. They should fear a player that plays only Ghost Style and should react in a more postive way towards Samurai Jin.

But I am just day dreaming now. Maybe it is technically possible to achieve the stuff I am dreaming about.

I am also going to get the 30 Euro upgrade . I am fine with that. It may not be cheap I handpick my games and I rarely buy modern games so it ok for me.
I agree, and I would say not only is Ghost of Tsushima the best last gen game, but the best game since Shenmue 1. Then again, I haven't spent $60 on a video game between 2006 and 2019 so I have to be really interested in a title for me to spend money and 2019 and 2020 both had a few games that were worth that price, 2021 is looking good so far too as I can think of two games worth $60 and the Tsushima DLC is totally worth $30.

I like your idea of the locals reacting differently to Jins combat style choices. It would feel more like real life where pack mentality runs people. Many people have faith in governmental authority throughout history so him acting "honorable" as a samurai provoking a worship response from the islanders and a fear response for using stealth and brutal yet nessicary tactics would also make sense. To add to your idea I think it would have also been cool if a certain smaller segment of the people on the island would react differently to his tactics as there are free thinker non-criminal people who despise governmental authority and they are usually also the same people who will do whatever it takes to get things done to protect themselves and their loved ones, so they would completely understand the ghost tactics. I love how Yuna uses her survival deception tactics to get people to rally behind Jin by labeling him the ghost. I feel the Tsushima story is so important because Jin is an example of what people should aspire to be like in real life. He's honorable but not because he's a samurai or a law follower(and law enforcer), he's honorable because he does whatever it takes to do what is right under extreme conditions, including challenging his own beliefs that were instilled by the state via his uncles teachings. Jin not only doesn't limit himself to government rhetoric when Tsushima is invaded by breaking the supposed militaristic "code of honor" but he also encourages each and every person on that island to be ghost-like, to be sovereign in their personal resolve and to not fear embracing their own raw power during a time of war caused by invasion that they did not want to be involved in. He gives the power back to the people while leading by example to give permission through his actions to encourage them to be independent. A lawman who becomes an anarchist during a time where chaos is needed to stop the invasion. He's the rare instance where a lawman thinks for themselves and uses his skill for what's right, rather than whats legal. Yuna is also great in that she's able to encourage him to be himself even though she's just a "lowly thief criminal". Lord Shimura is equally important too because he's a great example of a man with mostly good intentions that is neurological brainwashed by the government and military to think suicide missions for the island and it's people are "honorable" and that laws are laws so we need to follow no matter what, which is absurd. Shimura is so programmed even to the point of being willing to kill his nephew because some military 'leader' asshole shogun who represents the state and isn't even on the island of Tsushima gives him an order to kill a true hero all because he broke the fictional law of the land to save his home and empower its people by using the laws of nature and science to get shit done. Shimura is a great display of the police and military types that exist in our real world and how a few of them are well intended with good hearts, but will kill their own family because propaganda and brainwashing is super powerful. This story has soooo many layers of importance for the real world we live in today, and even at its simplest form, it's a beautiful story.

Last edited:
I was actually going to ask about this, I am glad to see that I can opt to buy the PS4 version of the DLC on my PS5 and not be forced to buy it at the full price. Personally, I'll spend the extra $10 for the complete upgrade, but this should hopefully reduce some of the complaints going on by PS5 owners that think $30 is too much.
Yeah, part of my reasoning to keep it as the PS4 version was the lack of internal space the PS5 actually has. Once I'm able to upgrade the internal space, I may opt to spend that extra $10 at that time. As it stands, I think Ghost sits at 45GB or so on my external. I don't want it taking up nearly 18% of my SSD.

IGN said the added storyline for Iki Island is about 8 hours long (thats not just story missions
but also clearing the outposts for example, so a bit of main story and side content)
Which means (confirmation from Gamekult.fr) if you just want to play the new story missions,
its probably finished after 4-6 hours.
if you want to 100% every corner of the whole island its probably 12-16 hours.

Also confirmation that they did not ugrade any of the assets on PS5, so there are no texture improvements.
You simply get a higher screen resolution.

Last edited:
IGN said the added storyline for Iki Island is about 8 hours long (thats not just story missions
but also clearing the outposts for example, so a bit of main story and side content)
Which means (confirmation from Gamekult.fr) if you just want to play the new story missions,
its probably finished after 4-6 hours.
if you want to 100% every corner of the whole island its probably 12-16 hours.

Also confirmation that they did not ugrade any of the assets on PS5, so there are no texture improvements.
You simply get a higher screen resolution.

So might as well just stick with the PS4 version since the PS4 version runs at 60 on PS5 anyways.

I'm still perplexed why they felt the need to do a native PS5 version then when they patched the PS4 version to run at 60 on PS5 anyways through BC?

So might as well just stick with the PS4 version since the PS4 version runs at 60 on PS5 anyways.

I'm still perplexed why they felt the need to do a native PS5 version then when they patched the PS4 version to run at 60 on PS5 anyways through BC?
The PS5 version has just a overall higher dynamic resolution (up to 4K) than the PS4 1440p.
But yeah, no texture improvements,
also all non playable cinematic events are locked to 30 fps and there are no LOD improvements at all.

mcUgIVH.jpg

(- However, the resolution of the shadows and their rendering distance have not improved.
- Textures, reflections, draw distance and anisotropic filtering have not undergone changes on PS5.)

So do whatever you want with your money but i have no clue why they want 10 USD / € for that.

Last edited:
The PS5 version has just a overall higher dynamic resolution (up to 4K) than the PS4 1440p.
But yeah, no texture improvements,
also all non playable cinematic events are locked to 30 fps and there are no LOD improvements at all.

View attachment 12563

(- However, the resolution of the shadows and their rendering distance have not improved.
- Textures, reflections, draw distance and anisotropic filtering have not undergone changes on PS5.)

So do whatever you want with your money but i have no clue why they want 10 USD / € for that.
Yep. Just finished watching the Digital Foundry video and the general consensus is charging for the PS5 version is a bit of a rip off. People are so desperate for PS5 content however this will sell.

Yep. Just finished watching the Digital Foundry video and the general consensus is charging for the PS5 version is a bit of a rip off. People are so desperate for PS5 content however this will sell.
Yeah from what you get compared to original 60FPS free back compact version it is a little cheeky asking for $30.

Still I loved this game and will eventually get around to buying and replaying the entire campaign.

Although the camera could get caught up in tight environments (mongol camps) I never had same fundamental issues as John but I am curious to see how lock-on feature will help smooth out encounters.

I finished playing through the Iki Island story which was a lot of fun and had some nice connections on other events from the original game, the story mode itself is approx 4 hours long or so. I haven't done much else yet. The haptic feedback on the PS5 Dualsense is really nice on this version too. Well worth the money for this expansion already, looking forward to playing the rest of it.

I have checked out the iki campagn in the native ps5 version and I really like it so far. The new Island looks beautiful and the haptic feedback gives the sword combat even more dynamic. The story has also lots of potential with the hallucinations and the tragic past of Jin.

I am not mad that I payed the full 30 euro for the upgrade but I would recommend people to just get the PS4 directors cut and play it on ps5 in the BC mode.

The extra haptic feedback modus is quite nice but worth the extra 10 without any graphical improvements. The ps4 version looks good enough on the ps5 so you should be good.

Beautiful shots! I took some nice landscape ones on Iki I'll share later. Also, I really like the colors on that outfit, do you know the name of it?
I'm playing the german version so the rough translation would be
Body: Kensei armor (color: Blood red fall) You have to select the first armor preset, the one without any upgrades
if you want this basic cloth look.
Hat: Patched straw hat or improved Kensei hat (color: river snake)
Mask: Ocean of blood

I dont know from where i got which color or item. The stuff is not from Iki island.

Ghost of Tsushima_20210821022209.png

I'm playing the german version so the rough translation would be
Body: Kensei armor (color: Blood red fall) You have to select the first armor preset, the one without any upgrades
if you want this basic cloth look.
Hat: Patched straw hat or improved Kensei hat (color: river snake)
Mask: Ocean of blood

I dont know from where i got which color or item. The stuff is not from Iki island.

View attachment 12572
Very cool! Thanks! I looked up how to unlock this outfit and it has something to do with defeating 6 specific patrols around the island which I haven't encountered yet I guess. Tonight I ended up going to the Crimson Dye Maker and getting a few outfits done in a similar pattern to the lower part of your outfit.

Back