Ghost of Tsushima.

If you like Horizon style and other 3rd person games with excellent main character development and solid story telling don't miss out on the latest Tomb Raider Trilogy: Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. They're nothing like the dumpster fire the older TR games were, they're top notch.

The only God of War I played was the original on PS2 and it was one of the games that started souring me on the direction of gaming back then. I'd be willing to give the newer nordic looking God of War a chance..is it the same style as the original?
I never played the previous God of War titles, but from what I've seen i think it is a little bit different in some areas but still retains some similarities to its predecessors, but the gameplay is pretty solid and the only major complaint i have is with the camera when fighting multiple opponents. In terms of story, game world design and character costumization it is out there with the very best.

If you like Horizon style and other 3rd person games with excellent main character development and solid story telling don't miss out on the latest Tomb Raider Trilogy: Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. They're nothing like the dumpster fire the older TR games were, they're top notch.

The only God of War I played was the original on PS2 and it was one of the games that started souring me on the direction of gaming back then. I'd be willing to give the newer nordic looking God of War a chance..is it the same style as the original?
The latest God of War is so far removed from the other games, gameplay wise, tone and even the character, it's practically a new series. Easily within my top 5 games this generation.

GoW is also great, but I am enjoying this way more. There's just something about magical about it. The graphics are so stunning... The Yellow Forest OMG.

As to the question about Infamous: Second Son, I have not played it. I've only played the Infamous games on the PS3.

the game world is also very beautifull and immersive.
In my case, I felt he game world/open world be the weaker part, pretty, good sound design but stale and without much events stuff going on so treaversing the game world sometimes felt like a chore/padding. I felt it would have been better as a more controlled game like uncharted/last of us since the characters and story were great.

I like it much more than I like RDR2's world. Maybe it's because the game simply controls better. I also appreciate not having arrows and a map all over my screen.

The atmosphere is pretty awesome.
Normally i get bored with open world games very fast
if the map is just filled with random quest markers, loot, collectibles, big HUD display and random events.
But i'm pretty sure i played Ghost of Tsushima for 40-50 hours now (not finished)
and i'm still not bored, not even a little bit. I'm still enjoying RP walking through a forest or village
while its raining, just listening to the sound. If this game gets a 4K / 60 fps patch on PS5,
i have to do another 100% playthrough.

Ghost of Tsushima_20200723000315.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200723004710.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200720233039.png

In my case, I felt he game world/open world be the weaker part, pretty, good sound design but stale and without much events stuff going on so treaversing the game world sometimes felt like a chore/padding. I felt it would have been better as a more controlled game like uncharted/last of us since the characters and story were great.
Sorry to hear that, but so far i've never felt that way about the game.
I've always encountered something to do along the way.
I've encountered mongol caravans and soldiers, bandids, villagers that needed to be rescued, new places to explore, etc...
One thing I really love is that when you rescue someone, they tell you what is happening in different places along the island leading you into a new adventure instead of always being another main character in the story.
For me it makes the game world more believable and makes everything feel more natural.

Amazing photos!!

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove Jin from the pictures?? Shadow of the Tomb Raider has an awesome feature where you can take the main character out of the photos and just have nature shots.

Some class pictures there guys. Really shows off the aesthetics of the game well.

I bought Ghost of Tsushima. A week after it's release after seeing all the reviews, impressions and gameplay because the overwhelming impressions got to me and 3 hours in it's definitely a solid game. It's very reminiscent of Way of The Samurai for PS2.

I expected this game to be very much like Assassin's Creed but despite similarities with the combat and such I think it's a step above that, one fight in AC and you want to stop playing but the controls and feedback from Ghost's combat system is superb. I also love that the wind directs you how to get the next mission you want.

Last edited:
Theres really only one thing that i kind of dislike about the game,
well not really dislike but i think they wasted some potential.

I'm talking about the normal houses, the living place for farmers etc.
After playing for a while, you can easily tell that Sucker Punch only modeled / created
like 3, 4, 5 different kind of houses with 3, 4, 5 different kind of interiors
and then they used the exact same 3, 4, 5 houses on the whole map.
Sure, they rotated them, mirrored them, whatever
but its still the exact same houses again and again. Small details like
a knocked over shelf or candle can be found 1:1 in many houses and even the loot is always in the same spots.

So finding and exploring new villages or abandoned houses in the forest loses its magic completely
because you know the layout of every building without even looking inside.
It would be much much much more interesting if every village, inn, etc would be 100% unique.
It breaks the immersion a little bit because theres much more variety in the landscape and nature.
Dozens of different trees and colors, different kinds of grass and colors,
like the landscape is different in every little region
but then theres only 3, 4, 5 types of houses with the same layout and interior.

I dont understand why they had to limit it so much.

It’s not very often my Jaw drops in games. But this game, it has been consistently dropping.

That lighting. That Wind tech. Those particle effects, it’s just a stunning game to look at.

And makes for some great PC wallpaper material

Back