Ghost of Tsushima.

I don't typically play any games online, but will make an exception for Legends 100%

Ghost of Tsushima LEGENDS is now available for free download for those who purchased Ghost of Tsushima! Best part is you don't have to play it online or have PS Plus, it's available as a 1 player mode in addition to the optional online multiplayer! 👍 👍

Ghost of Tsushima LEGENDS is now available for free download for those who purchased Ghost of Tsushima! Best part is you don't have to play it online or have PS Plus, it's available as a 1 player mode in addition to the optional online multiplayer! 👍 👍
Completely forgot about this. Thanks bro

Has anyone been playing Legends??? If so, what do you all think? I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

I started the New Game + a few days ago. I was waiting for it before starting a second play through. Unfortunately, I just immediately got bored with it for some reason. I think the general feeling I got from Act 3 from my first run carried over into my second. I’ll probably just have to give it a a bit more time before I get into it again.

Has anyone been playing Legends??? If so, what do you all think? I'm enjoying it quite a bit!
I started playing it with my brother and nephew. Pretty fun but when I finish all the missions, I almost definitely won't be playing it again, even if they release new ones. Still, I do hope the sequel has a co-op story mode.

I started playing it with my brother and nephew. Pretty fun but when I finish all the missions, I almost definitely won't be playing it again, even if they release new ones. Still, I do hope the sequel has a co-op story mode.
Understandable. Outside of fighting games(and maybe racing if you're into those too)most, if not almost all online gaming is boring and redundant after a few days to a week. GoT Legends is actually much better than what I would have expected from a multiplayer option personally but I did expect the creativity to be top notch with how great the one player mode was. It beats anything like Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War or any other crappy games multiplayer. In a sequel I would love there to be a multiplayer story mode with the depth and length of the one player game from GoT. I'd also like to see a female protagonist or as much as I'd hate to compare it to the horrendous Assassins Creed Odyssey play model, possibly a story line where you can choose one or the other for the characters.

Wow, even the high resolution mode on PS5 is 60 fps.
So if you didnt play this yet or if you want to make some beautiful screenshots (and if you own a PS5 ...)
now is the perfect time.

Wow, even the high resolution mode on PS5 is 60 fps.
So if you didnt play this yet or if you want to make some beautiful screenshots (and if you own a PS5 ...)
now is the perfect time.
Does it feel like a whole new game on PS5 as many are suggesting?? The PS4 version was damn near perfect for a game rounding out the generation.

Does it feel like a whole new game on PS5 as many are suggesting?? The PS4 version was damn near perfect for a game rounding out the generation.
I mean, if you already know every element, mechanic, location, mission etc from the PS4, then i guess no.
Of course the fighting feels a bit smoother because the button input for stuff like the perfect block
simply works better at 60 fps.
And now you get the best of both options on PS5, its a high screen resolution
(i think its 3200x1800 with checkerboard rendering method),
so everything looks super clean. No aliasing in bamboo forests, no pixelation artifacts
and its super smooth. You can turn the camera how fast you want, throw sticky bombs in fights,
ride your horse through a forest in a thunderstorm and there is no fps hiccup, no stuttering.
For some reason it even fixed a problem that i had with one outfit where some part of the cape
always glitched and had a weird wobble, its not happening anymore on PS5.

So if its your first time playing on PS5 and you never saw or played anything from this game before,
youre probably going to give it one or two bonus points on top in your personal score.

I mean, if you already know every element, mechanic, location, mission etc from the PS4, then i guess no.
Of course the fighting feels a bit smoother because the button input for stuff like the perfect block
simply works better at 60 fps.
And now you get the best of both options on PS5, its a high screen resolution
(i think its 3200x1800 with checkerboard rendering method),
so everything looks super clean. No aliasing in bamboo forests, no pixelation artifacts
and its super smooth. You can turn the camera how fast you want, throw sticky bombs in fights,
ride your horse through a forest in a thunderstorm and there is no fps hiccup, no stuttering.
For some reason it even fixed a problem that i had with one outfit where some part of the cape
always glitched and had a weird wobble, its not happening anymore on PS5.

So if its your first time playing on PS5 and you never saw or played anything from this game before,
youre probably going to give it one or two bonus points on top in your personal score.
Thanks for the feedback! I loved the game on PS4 and intend to revisit and play it through again for a third time at some point should I decide to purchase a PS5 down the road. I did end up purchasing another PS4 back in July specifically to play Ghost and it was worth every penny to have the experience. I just sold the PS4 last week for $80 higher than I paid for it which was nice because it covered the entire investment and ended up costing nothing to experience Tsushima. I saved my game and photos on a USB stick so I can revisit it maybe a year or so from now on PS5.

Anyone play Shenmue 3 on PS5 by chance?? If so, how does that compare to the PS4 version?

Did some more testing, couple of side missions and visited the golden temple,
you know this first small town / village with all the NPCs for your upgrades
and honestly i cant say anything bad about the PS5 patch.
Zero frame drops, not even in that village (where the Pro struggled really hard with 30 fps in high resolution mode),
not even a frame drop in photo mode while zooming in and out etc. I even visited the place again at night
so that all the lanterns / fire effects are on. Still no problem. 60 fps all the way.
So the framerate probably wont drop anywhere at all. Its pretty impressive.

High resolution ingame screenshots
g7m5xBQ.jpeg

sENudto.jpg

U84XiWy.jpeg

Did some more testing, couple of side missions and visited the golden temple,
you know this first small town / village with all the NPCs for your upgrades
and honestly i cant say anything bad about the PS5 patch.
Zero frame drops, not even in that village (where the Pro struggled really hard with 30 fps in high resolution mode),
not even a frame drop in photo mode while zooming in and out etc. I even visited the place again at night
so that all the lanterns / fire effects are on. Still no problem. 60 fps all the way.
So the framerate probably wont drop anywhere at all. Its pretty impressive.

High resolution ingame screenshots
g7m5xBQ.jpeg

sENudto.jpg

U84XiWy.jpeg
The Golden Temple and Golden Forest is one of the prettiest places I've seen in any game. Since we're at the beginning of a new console generation I can only imagine how great a sequel to this game will look if there ever is one later in the console's life.

Watching DigitalFoundries GoT video, it seems like the game wasnt even updated or optimized for PS5,
the devs just changed the fps lock from 30 to 60 and thats it. Everything else is the exact same as on Pro.
Which means the PS5 is keeping the 60 fps target by brute force, the devs didnt do anything to
help the PS5 achieve this target. Which is even more impressive i guess
because the PS5 is able to double the framerate while still keeping the high resolution
and all this without any optimisation.
And this also means that there is still unused power in the PS5
because the PS5 has hardware features / capabilities that a unoptimized PS4 game cant use.
Pretty cool

Watching DigitalFoundries GoT video, it seems like the game wasnt even updated or optimized for PS5,
the devs just changed the fps lock from 30 to 60 and thats it. Everything else is the exact same as on Pro.
Which means the PS5 is keeping the 60 fps target by brute force, the devs didnt do anything to
help the PS5 achieve this target. Which is even more impressive i guess
because the PS5 is able to double the framerate while still keeping the high resolution
and all this without any optimisation.
And this also means that there is still unused power in the PS5
because the PS5 has hardware features / capabilities that a unoptimized PS4 game cant use.
Pretty cool
I can't wait to see what the PS5/Xbox Series games look like in 5-7 years. It's amazing how similar graphics look on last gen to current gen during the first year of a consoles launch(think GTA 5 for PS3/PS4 XB1/XB360 and how the graphics weren't that much better)then how they look so much better 5 years later. I think about this with games like MK9, MKX and MK11 where the leap in graphical quality is massive between each entry. The possibilities are astounding with what can come next, especially since we have been at a point since about 2017-ish where graphics are truly amazing and life-like for the first time. What will 2027 look like?

It will take a few years until we get the full potential of the next gen systems. As long as games need to run an old hardware we have seen nothing yet.We will only see the real results when the old hardware does not to be catered anymore. So in 2 to 3 years the real current gen stuff will appear.

Until that point we get cross gen games that will look a bit better on current gen but it won't be anything breath taking.

I am glad for the frame rate sensitive people that they can enjoy Ghost of Tsushima now.

As a person that either do not care or do not see the difference between 30 and 60fps I won't play the game again. It would not give a new experience.

I can even enjoy Perfect Dark on the n64 today although the game gets really slow when there are more enemies on the screen but i do not care. It does not make it unplayable to me.

But that is just me.

Just give it a try if you have the chance, its very hard to explain
and even a 4K 60 fps Youtube video cant really show it because you are not controlling the camera.
It really makes a difference because of how smooth the movement is
and how clean everything looks. The camera movement has zero hiccups or stuttering.

I dont have a problem with 30 fps if its 100% locked 30 fps with 100% smooth frame timing, its fine,
but it can make me a bit tired after a while, like it can get really exhausting for the eyes.
But 100% stable 60 fps and this kind of high resolution = no problem at all, its a party for the eyes.
I can play this game for hours on PS5.

Trust me, play something like Tsushima, Sekiro or Nioh 2 in 100% stable 60 fps in the high resolution modes
for a couple of days / sessions until you really dont know anymore how it was before
and then switch back to PS4 / Pro 1080p / 30 fps mode.
I'm not kidding, your eyes will hurt.

Couple of new scenery screenshots
az9N9jK.jpg

emz9JbE.jpg

QIZrSXz.jpg

2gUiVGw.jpg

JEFnBlX.jpg

Just give it a try if you have the chance, its very hard to explain
and even a 4K 60 fps Youtube video cant really show it because you are not controlling the camera.
It really makes a difference because of how smooth the movement is
and how clean everything looks. The camera movement has zero hiccups or stuttering.

I dont have a problem with 30 fps if its 100% locked 30 fps with 100% smooth frame timing, its fine,
but it can make me a bit tired after a while, like it can get really exhausting for the eyes.
But 100% stable 60 fps and this kind of high resolution = no problem at all, its a party for the eyes.
I can play this game for hours on PS5.

Trust me, play something like Tsushima, Sekiro or Nioh 2 in 100% stable 60 fps in the high resolution modes
for a couple of days / sessions until you really dont know anymore how it was before
and then switch back to PS4 / Pro 1080p / 30 fps mode.
I'm not kidding, your eyes will hurt.

Couple of new scenery screenshots
az9N9jK.jpg

emz9JbE.jpg

QIZrSXz.jpg

2gUiVGw.jpg

JEFnBlX.jpg
Tosh, if you haven't done so already, I suggest giving Legends a play through. Best multiplayer game I've played yet, very different from the main story mode.

@Tosh Maybe I will do that. I have a copy of Ghost and a PS5 so I could do that. Coming back to the game at some point later this year is not a bad idea. I wanted to play it again at some point in the future anyway to see the second ending. I also want to check out how the German dub was. In my first run I played in in Japanese.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Tosh, if you haven't done so already, I suggest giving Legends a play through. Best multiplayer game I've played yet, very different from the main story mode.
I only finished the first like story chapter in that mode. I played it solo and wasnt sure how stressful it will become later.
Do they want you to play it multiplayer, are there mechanics that clearly are designed for two players or more
or is it possible to finish all of it solo?
(in a normal gameplay way, not with some cheese tactics)

I'm not a big coop / multiplayer guy because i'm always looking around everywhere for secrets or nice looking scenery etc
in the meantime all the other players already rushed to the next target.

Back