Gold tiger 5th Duan no damage on hardest difficulty

Dan

Thought i'd share some combat gameplay footage fighting the Gold tiger in Bailu on the hardest difficulty taking no damage. This is NG+ with max attack, endurance, and kung fu. Kept health at yellow because the bullet time dodge is fun to pull off.

Thought i'd share some combat gameplay footage fighting the Gold tiger in Bailu on the hardest difficulty taking no damage. This is NG+ with max attack, endurance, and kung fu. Kept health at yellow because the bullet time dodge is fun to pull off.

Watching someone who really knows what they're doing hits home that any complaints about the combat system being shallow or basic are unwarranted. That was magnificent to watch!

Watching someone who really knows what they're doing hits home that any complaints about the combat system being shallow or basic are unwarranted. That was magnificent to watch!

Thank you so much. The combat took a while to get used to especially understanding the battle command mapping but once it clicked I found it really enjoyable and responsive.

Wow, that was stunning. Need to get practicing lol. How do you pull the bullet time dodge? X + directional swipe?

Wow, that was stunning. Need to get practicing lol. How do you pull the bullet time dodge? X + directional swipe?

Thank you. It triggers only if your health is yellow or 3 bars left (399 hp). I am not sure the controls on PC but for ps4 I flick the thumbstick once to dodge, sometimes I will flick twice just to be safe but basically dodge either left, right or in a direction the moment an enemy attacks (depending on which attack they do you will have to time it and dodge the appropriate way or else certain attacks can still get you). if you see the yellow light and hear that slow motion noise you'll have a few extra seconds to input any desired attack sometimes two seperate attacks to your opponent.

Thank you. It triggers only if your health is yellow or 3 bars left (399 hp). I am not sure the controls on PC but for ps4 I flick the thumbstick once to dodge, sometimes I will flick twice just to be safe but basically dodge either left, right or in a direction the moment an enemy attacks (depending on which attack they do you will have to time it and dodge the appropriate way or else certain attacks can still get you). if you see the yellow light and hear that slow motion noise you'll have a few extra seconds to input any desired attack sometimes two seperate attacks to your opponent.

Nice, thanks very much. it is great to see how excellent the combat can look in the hands of someone who is good at it. I’m quite invested in getting the combat system down, so will get practicing.

Nice, thanks very much. it is great to see how excellent the combat can look in the hands of someone who is good at it. I’m quite invested in getting the combat system down, so will get practicing.

You're welcome! Thank you for your kind words I do appreciate it! Go for it and good luck it's a lot of fun!

IMO the best way to practice was keeping your health at yellow on the hardest difficulty but probably hard works too with the martial hall and rose garden opponents. I saved before certain opponents in the rose garden so that I don't have to wait the time before the next fight.

On the hardest difficulty the AI block a lot more and take more damage to beat down while one or two strong attacks they do on you if not blocked / dodged can end the fight. They all have their own attack patterns but understanding an attack goes a certain way is another tool in predicting which attack they will do and responding quick. The round house kick or heel kick are great counter attack moves used after backing up incoming attacks. Dodging to the side and performing iron palm with a sword kick is a great combo to get damage and knock them down while recovering block meter. ground kick or lawnmower are also great follow ups right after using the single spin kick (one X) if the opponent attacks your body you will dodge it while delivering the low kick. A lot of interesting details to the combat that can be used to avoid damage.

For defense practicing, I Found tapping block button worked better helped me out a lot, holding block sometimes wouldn't block every attack but so far every time I tap block when they attack Ryo will block attacks consistently and you can still dodge smoothly away from an attack.

Sorry for the long message thought I'd share some tips that may be useful!

Great video dude, but no music? Its like E3 all over again haha.

I had it off because I was listening to shenmue 2 combat music the one when you get caught trying to sneak past the guards with the light bulbs flickering in the yellow head building and it made this fight more epic than the song that plays so I was thinking to add that song over my video but I was too lazy to do so haha

I wonder if I can freeze the HP with Cheat Engine for the PC version. Yes, it'd make me invincible, but combat looks so much cooler with the slow motion lol

I wonder if I can freeze the HP with Cheat Engine for the PC version. Yes, it'd make me invincible, but combat looks so much cooler with the slow motion lol

I wonder that too, if you can freeze it and get a video of slow mo combat that would be really cool to watch haha.

Excellent video ! Congrats !
edit: suggestion for next video: surviving 10 minutes against
Lan-Di

Excellent video ! Congrats !
edit: suggestion for next video: surviving 10 minutes against
Lan-Di

I wish that were possible, seems the fight only lasts a good 30-45 seconds, even if you have a lot of health and are doing pretty good it will still continue to the final cutscene.

Back