google Stadia

I skimmed through the video and while it seems like a pretty interesting concept I wasn't blown away. They would have to add a lot more variety in the free games on the subscription service for it to be worth it. If it successfully does what it says it will I could see myself using the free level and buying games I'm interested in for this platform instead of getting a new console/gaming PC in the future, though.

Since a true all you can eat subscription doesn't seem very likely, I'd like to see them implement subscriptions to individual developers(or packages of several smaller developers) within the service, similar to how you can add a showtime/hbo/etc subscription within Hulu and Amazon Prime. I wouldn't mind paying for a monthly sub if it was unlimited access to the full catalog of a developer I liked.

Nope; no interest.

For multiple reasons

1.) I don't like the idea of paying for something I don't own. I'm still very much a "I pay for it because I want to keep it and have it be mine" type of guy and streaming is the enemy of that. I like having my little collection of games from multiple systems on the shelf.

2.) Until they can show me a game that needs input precision like a fighting game being played competently over streaming then they'll never have me. Lag in online fighting games is already bad enough at times, but the added lag that will come from streaming in video, sound and relaying inputs just sounds terrible to me. Fighting games need precise timing and I don't see streaming being competent enough to handle it to the point where it's not noticeable. Same for Rhythm games. You need precise timing for games like these and I don't think streaming will do them justice. So no thank you.

3.) Rely's entirely on a net connection that is prone to go down at any moment. Say I'm playing Sekiro; and I'm up to the final boss..but my net drops out randomly due to maintenance on my ISP's behalf. I'm like one or two blows away from beating the game. Oh wait, sorry, your connection dropped out...please wait until you get a net connection back. Yeah, no, fuck that. Fuck that. My PS4 would keep going even if the net connection dropped out so tell me? Why would I want something that could drop out the one moment my net cuts out during maintenance?

4.) Buffering...I don't trust this thing not to buffer, drops frame or introduce lag of some type. Again, no thank you.

Nothing about streaming games appeals to me to be honest. Sure the tech is cool but there's just so much bullcrap with both input lag, poor connections = poor video quality full of macroblocking and such; too much of a reliance on a net connection that could fail you at any moment.

Yeah, it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Yeah, saw the whole rundown and stuff; cheap, but not interested.

Not a single game interests me.

I dislike being critical for criticism's sake, but one of the chief selling points for any console I buy is controller quality.
I'd think the Dreamcast controller nearly perfect (especially its weight, even with VMU/jump pack) if it had two joysticks, but its d-pad always underwhelmed me.
So too with this controller. First, the d-pad looks cheap (it may not be, but appearances aren't nothing...) Second I've always found the Xbox joystick layout more natural than those at the bottom. Normally I wouldn't comment, but they note that their controller being plugged in provides the "best experience." I chortled: you know folks would use their own controller otherwise.

Anyway, back to using my Game Gear, with most convenient set up and most ecologically friendly battery system since Ancient Sparta.

Nope; no interest.

For multiple reasons

1.) I don't like the idea of paying for something I don't own. I'm still very much a "I pay for it because I want to keep it and have it be mine" type of guy and streaming is the enemy of that. I like having my little collection of games from multiple systems on the shelf.

2.) Until they can show me a game that needs input precision like a fighting game being played competently over streaming then they'll never have me. Lag in online fighting games is already bad enough at times, but the added lag that will come from streaming in video, sound and relaying inputs just sounds terrible to me. Fighting games need precise timing and I don't see streaming being competent enough to handle it to the point where it's not noticeable. Same for Rhythm games. You need precise timing for games like these and I don't think streaming will do them justice. So no thank you.

3.) Rely's entirely on a net connection that is prone to go down at any moment. Say I'm playing Sekiro; and I'm up to the final boss..but my net drops out randomly due to maintenance on my ISP's behalf. I'm like one or two blows away from beating the game. Oh wait, sorry, your connection dropped out...please wait until you get a net connection back. Yeah, no, fuck that. Fuck that. My PS4 would keep going even if the net connection dropped out so tell me? Why would I want something that could drop out the one moment my net cuts out during maintenance?

4.) Buffering...I don't trust this thing not to buffer, drops frame or introduce lag of some type. Again, no thank you.

Nothing about streaming games appeals to me to be honest. Sure the tech is cool but there's just so much bullcrap with both input lag, poor connections = poor video quality full of macroblocking and such; too much of a reliance on a net connection that could fail you at any moment.

Yeah, it just doesn't appeal to me at all.
I see what you mean internet service providers 100+mbs now have to be mainstream to all people in order to enjoy streaming games and at this rate it is no time soon. Like I have a gigabit connection tier with Verizon and the connect you get best speed wireless.. Is less like 56mbs direct connect seems 956mbs .. Not too sure about that. Also depends where in the room you are and network extenders etc. Game streaming is most likely the future of gaming but I still want console's to be around.

Last edited:
I will try out Google stadia when my home is set up with no connection issues.. Long story short currently renovating a lot and there is a mess.

A switch would serve you better than Stadia when your car breaks down and leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere and waiting for the tow-truck to come Assists you. Not everywhere has hot-spots. I can see this being a thing in another decade or two tho after working out the kinks. Google should have the money to burn on this experiment I think so it flopping might not be a big deal.

I see what you mean internet service providers 100+ know had to be mainstream to all people in order to enjoy streaming games and at this rate it is no time soon. Like I have a gigabit connection tier with Verizon and the connect you get best speed wireless.... Not too sure about that. Also depends where in the room you are and network extenders etc. Game streaming is most likely the future of gaming but I still want console's to be around.

I'll put it this way. I live in Australia. The countries they announced yesterday does not include Australia (among others)

I don't ever truly think it will take over. I think it will exist side by side like it does now with PlayStation Now. But the problem remains. The fact that it's all reliant on networking is realistically not feasible for every country in the world as of this date. Our net connections in Australia aren't great and we really can't handle the bandwidth for streaming at the moment. Sure we stream Netflix and all that stuff but the fact that Stadia isn't launching in my country is very telling. Same goes for PlayStation Now which does not operate in this country either.

Maybe somewhere down the line if we ever global net speeds up to a point where it ceases to be a problem, but the reality we live in now; it's never gonna take over 100%....I think it will co exist like it does now, but yeah I can't see it taking over.

There is one thing that tickles me about Stadia. They like to claim that because it's all streaming, you have access to the most powerful hardware at any time. Okay, say I buy a 4K TV and I decide to sign up to Stadia but my net connection can only handle 720p. There goes the whole idea of playing on the most powerful hardware. You're literally streaming in 720p video on your nice new 4K set. It's not that 720p looks terrible but it's certainly noticeable next to native 4K. Given the choice, you would want to go native 4K any chance you had.

Yeah, why would I not buy an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro or Build a PC and get true 4K (well true 4K with at least two of them)?

That just tickles me. It kind of negates that whole "we have the most advanced hardware"...and it all depends on your internet speeds

Last edited:
Yeah it does not every country has fast speeds and as for me I am testing Verizon fios. Makes no sense in Wi-Fi I get 30-56mbs and directly connected it is over 800mbs download/upload i will call for service when everything is sorted out.

It's garbage. I don't want to pay for games I don't own in any way (at least with digital games you still own them as long as the files are on your console and you don't need internet to play).

If someone else is using your broadband, you're screwed. If you have data caps you're screwed. If you want to play without input lag, you're screwed. If you don't want buffering games, you're screwed. If you don't want generic games that are available everywhere, you're screwed.

What a waste of money, too; subscription to the service AND you have to buy games to stream? It's really bad in my opinion.

If it offered all games for $9/month, it would offer distinctive value, but for now it’s sort of like Dreamcast, too much, too soon...

I care about ownership so I inherently dislike the goal of Stadia. Stadia is much worse for game ownership than digital only.

1. If a game is removed, thats it, it is gone forever. You cant download it and replay or have any physical or local or digital copy. It is simply gone.

2. No mods. You cant mod a streaming game.

That isnt to mention most people in the US dont have the means or the bandwidth to play HD streaming games. Stadia takes 2TB of data per 60 hours and requires 10mbps minimum requirement. Where I live there is only ADSL, which is only 7mbps at its highest but the average speed is like 1mpbs.

Hate streaming only services and I hope Stadia fails. All Streaming only future is horrorfying.

I care about ownership so I inherently dislike the goal of Stadia. Stadia is much worse for game ownership than digital only.

1. If a game is removed, thats it, it is gone forever. You cant download it and replay or have any physical or local or digital copy. It is simply gone.

2. No mods. You cant mod a streaming game.

That isnt to mention most people in the US dont have the means or the bandwidth to play HD streaming games. Stadia takes 2TB of data per 60 hours and requires 10mbps minimum requirement. Where I live there is only ADSL, which is only 7mbps at its highest but the average speed is like 1mpbs.

Hate streaming only services and I hope Stadia fails. All Streaming only future is horrorfying.

ISP need to step up their game and provide fiber optic to places that only have DSL. Sad if places in US can only do DSL still. Game streaming will be a thing in about 10-15 years by then internet should be standard 10-25mbs. Limited services to different sections of the country is not nice.

Back