GTA 6

Graphics, sure. The problem is the ghetto it's set in. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire plot of the single player portion is they rob banks to get the money to move away.

It's certainly not a setting I would want to spend time in, even digitally.

Was never really a fan of GTA, but hope the fans enjoy it... when it finally releases ;)

Amazing to finally get an official look at GTA VI! Loving how it looks so far. Can't wait to see more details about the story and gameplay.

The trailer perfectly captures the epidemic of degeneracy, hedonism, and narcissism of today in a single minute-and-a-half-long video. Plus, looks like there's gonna be a lot of "Florida Man" goings-on, which is always good for a laugh. Fingers crossed the writing won't be dog shit given that so many key figures from Rockstar have left in recent years.

Kinda funny how back in 2001 GTA 3 looked like shit and Shenmue 1-2 was bleeding edge. Look how far GTA has come in 20 years can you imagine how Shenmue would look today if it hadn’t been stunted?

Let's try to keep this on topic, please.
(For the record, S3 looks incredible).

Looks incredible and Rockstar always makes quality games. This is the test to see if they keep those standards in the age of microtransactions and trying to milk customers holds up.

Main worry is the 2025 release date. Doesn't surprise me when quality falls off the cliff after an impressive debut trailer, when there is a massive gap between the debut trailer and release date.

Reactions: red
Main worry is the 2025 release date. Doesn't surprise me when quality falls off the cliff after an impressive debut trailer, when there is a massive gap between the debut trailer and release date.

Rockstar are typically pretty good at delivering with this kind of stuff. Read Dead 2 definitely lived up to its first trailer two years prior:

Maybe we should wait to play GTA 6 on PS6. No way PS5 will be able to run this at 60fps and 4K. Ray tracing would be out of the question as well.

Maybe we should wait to play GTA 6 on PS6. No way PS5 will be able to run this at 60fps and 4K. Ray tracing would be out of the question as well.
Lmao rockstar are such masters that they were able to not only surpass people’s high expectations but get it to run smoothly and such level of detail that was never seen in gaming in all of the 2010s, to me rdr2 was the 2nd shenmue of the gaming industry, and cyberpunk 2077 wasn’t even able to run, and naughty dog didn’t deliver on last of us 2

Last edited:

There are rumors of a PS5 Pro and other mid-gen refreshes coming at some point.
I could see this game being even more emphasized then.

Besides, 2025 is purposely vague. This game could very well still be 2 years away (X-mas 2025?)

Being brutally honest here: the last GTA I played was San Andreas back in 2008. Personally I can say that R* has come a very long way concerning their IP titles, but the problem here is the technology they use for developing their products. GTA IV and V were both developed with the same technology, that has been manufactured in fucking 2006! Yet still to this very day, GTAO is currently the main spotlight for the franchise to keep it afloat. I still remember ten years ago how hyped up I was for GTA V, after R* released thorough information about every little detail. I was looking forward to having a revamped economy and a long roster of weapons, but alas when I checked out the gameplay when it came out, everything was watered down a lot. I then asked myself: had this been a launch title for the PS4, I would have gotten my console in 2013 already and the final product would have been a whole lot better.
This time around, the next installment already looks leaps and bounds ahead of what IV and V looked like in the first trailers. The density, the fauna, the dynamic events and random encounters all look very well-planned. The map looks gigantic, supposedly having multiple cities besides Vice City. The thing I'm mostly looking forward to is the amount of realism this game will have (hopefully). Also, I certainly hope there won't be any emphasis on microtransactions.
But yeah, if you ask me, I was expecting the release window to be in 2025, according to many rumors and Reddit leaks. This means I will be 30, or around 30 years old when it hits the shelves and I'll need to replace my PS4 with a new PS5 too. Until then we can only wait what the features and the synopsis for the game will be.

Rinse and repeat.

Let's be real.

The synopsis: some gangster shit
The gameplay: jacking cars and f*cking ppl up.

i'm looking forward to gta6 but ive always felt gta games are more aimed at the new gamer or those who game a little bit , rather than normal gamer. like you pointed out, the gameplay is pretty simplistic and the graphics are a big selling point.

normal gamers will complete it once, then completely forget about it like all the rest of the gta games.. also once these rockstar games graphics start to age, they become a lot less appealing.. well, to me anyway.

i'm looking forward to gta6 but ive always felt gta games are more aimed at the new gamer or those who game a little bit , rather than normal gamer. like you pointed out, the gameplay is pretty simplistic and the graphics are a big selling point.

normal gamers will complete it once, then completely forget about it like all the rest of the gta games.. also once these rockstar games graphics start to age, they become a lot less appealing.. well, to me anyway.
I pretty much agree with everything you have said. 6 looks very impressive but in a few years these games definitely lose their luster graphically wise which is fine.

I enjoy the games and I play them once to beat the story then I'll drive around causing mayhem once every year or two lol. The only person I liked in V was Franklin and his dog Chomp. I wonder what's next on Rockstars docket Bully 2 would be cool.

Reactions: red
Back