Guess how Shenmue 3 will review

I think the reviews will be all over the place for a couple of reasons.

Like (most) of us - people will be pulled by the nostalgia and the fact that something we never thought would come to pass arriving on our laps. The continuation of one of the great Gaming Stories, the hunt for LanDi continues! Also we know its development history and we will forgive it some indie jankiness (as many other indie titles get the benefit of the doubt).

However if you review it is a game on its own seperate from its history and lore from what I've seen I'm not sure its as good as the old games never mind its contemporaries. So I believe it depends what mindset you go into it with and there will be a spectrum from the gaming press.

Its not helped by the series status as one of the most unique AAA titles ever that pushed the envelope of what a game could be, its innovations and ambition are still influencing games to this day - this game will not be that.

I've become semi hopeful after hearing how positive gameinformer was, its not gonna review amazingly but I am at least a bit more inclined to think it wont get trashed anymore.

Back