Guide: 100% The 'Save Shenmue' Room

Favourite title
Shenmue III
This guide will not spoil anything related to the story. I hope this helps the try hards!

If I were to take all of the time from grinding game items for my 100% Shenmue III run, it may not come even close to how much time it took me to complete everything in the 'Save Shenmue' room. With this guide you can learn how to:
  1. Collect All Backer Capsules without Going Insane
  2. Save Time Collecting only the Important and non-duplicate Big Wheel Prizes
  3. Decorate & Complete the 'Save Shenmue' Room
The first thing I'm going to talk about is the most annoying grind in the game: The Big Wheel Prizes. I believe I might be one of the first to be silly enough to collect all 50+ prizes, so allow me to educate you with all the sanity I have left. If you want a list of the prizes here they all are!

That's a lot of pointless stuff you have already acquired right? But there are some deceptively well hidden items exclusive to the wheels.

Red Wheel: Red & White Ceramic (Pot), BIG Blue Thunder
Blue Wheel: Large-Scale Lighthouse Model, J-9IX Fighter Aircraft
Most Wheels: Snake Wallet, Blue & White Ceramic (Bottle) (still trying to confirm if this bottle is exclusive to the wheels, but I got one anyway and it said new in my inventory)

If you missed the 'Bird Carving' from a side-quest in Bailu - you can obtain late in the Red Wheel's rotation, but unfortunately that's about it for exclusive prizes. It's pretty unfortunate since spinning the wheels was hyped up very early in the game when you earn your first couple tickets in the Bailu Arcade. If you can commit to finishing the Red & Blue Wheels you can pass on the Green & Yellow completely and 100% and save DOZENS of hours depending on your luck.

You might be asking if there is a trick, and there is, but it doesn't work every time because of RNG. You can press START to end the wheel line on the 'Bonus' pie and restart the wheel spinning it at max strength and get it back to the same location, but sometimes it will go into the lemons because of RNG. Whenever you do get a Bonus Prize replicate the shot with max strength and attempt a repeat, the RNG seems higher and I've managed to get many prizes doing this.

Save & Reload OFTEN or you will be playing A LOT of arcade games!

This here is a tribute to all of the backers & reference to all Backer Capsule 'items.' These special capsule toys actually go to your items list instead of the regular capsule toy section! This will really blow up your inventory, and with all of these capsule machines it's hard to keep it all together. Originally I was saving and reloading, but then I found out the best idea is to drink tea and watch my favorite program while I spam these machines for a few hours.

Obviously you can just use the video to see if you have them all, but my strategy was to make sure that each section had duplicates for every toy as none of these seem to count as rares and Ryo doesn't appear to say "I did it!" for any of them. Thanks to the people that spent the money to make this game happen!

You can decorate the 'Save Shenmue' room with toys collected from the transport ship in the forklift mini-game. You need to collect the red crates. They do not always appear in rotation. Feel free to press START to skip the mini game if you are required to load the ship or don't see red crates on the ship. This will save a lot of time. When you no longer receive red crates, you know that you have completed the decorating quest!

Grab the Chobu-Chan behind the Big Red Wheel and collect the Shop Card to complete everything there is to do here.

Anyway... that was a rough grind. I'm glad to be done with this room. **** the Big Wheels. **** this building. I hope it helps you save time for all the 100%s out there.

Last edited:
Back