Guys...? A chance to Influence what we see @ Magic2019...

Dearest Cedric,

I know this is a lot to ask, but could you speak to Yu about the characters static faces? A little eyeball movement wouldn’t be too much to ask, would it?

With all my love,
WildMan

Thanks for doing this (I don't have Twitter). I would ask Cedric...

Can we expect the NPC's to have realistic lives/routines, like in the first game.

(It hasn't been very clear from previous interviews, which is why I'm curious. To me, a simulated NPC community really defines Shenmue.)

Please don't let some of the comments posted on the likes of this forum discourage you from showing more "in progress" footage. Personally I think there's a large contingent of fans like me who are really excited by what has been released so far.

From what I have seen on multiple Shenmue fan domains (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Dojo, Forever, 500K etc), I believe a majority of the fandom are pleased. For instance, compare the YouTube Likes (3.4K) to Dislikes (130) on Deep Silver's 'The Prophecy' trailer.

I expect YS Net are aware that as with any hugely anticipated sequel, it's not going to satisfy everyone who have different expectations of what they want from a Shenmue 3 experience, and that anything they show will inevitably attract an extremely vocal minority of pissed off fans and journalists who salivate at the thought of trashing a niche, unusual series for clicks. I hope for the sake of remaining true to Suzuki's vision for Shenmue 3 that YS Net do not feel discouraged from this.

If they have a demo, maybe have Cedric or whoever else is in the Sh3 panel play it ?
(Alongside the proceedings or for some time during the SH3 panel.)

If possible, have some SH3 mini-games playable by the attendance.
(something like modern arcade booth, with a tracking of leaderboards for the day ?)

I would like more info on the behind the scenes of SH3, myself.

If they have a demo, maybe have Cedric or whoever else is in the Sh3 panel play it ?
(Alongside the proceedings or for some time during the SH3 panel.)

If possible, have some SH3 mini-games playable by the attendance.
(something like modern arcade booth, with a tracking of leaderboards for the day ?)

I would like more info on the behind the scenes of SH3, myself.

I think Adam Sipione's documentary is actually going to cover behind the scenes footage of the making of Shenmue III. IIRC it was going to be released years ago but the announcement of III threw an obviously welcomed monkey wrench into the plans. :cool:

1- Less glossy shader (and a good eye shader).
2- Less emphasis on director's light.
3- Gameplay trailer (good be nice to show a cinematic trailer, then BOOM full 2 minutes of heavy gameplay fastpaced and showing lots of side activities/fighting/adventure, then come back to end the story trailer to a conclusion).
4- Have have leafs falling when YS enters the stage in a forklift o_O

Can we expect the NPC's to have realistic lives/routines, like in the first game.
This. The attention to detail and realism in the first game were the things that really made me fall in love with the series.

I’d love to see them go a step further and have a few scripted conversations between NPCs that Ryo could overhear and pick up clues.

Remake using Shenmue III assets and engine the 1st Shenmue Dreamcast trailer

Do a new trailer in this style, maybe even with this music!!

Does anyone remember when this AWESOME trailer for the Dreamcast Shenmue 2 dropped? To date, imo, it's still the best trailer for the Shenmue fans, it was exciting and filled me with wonder.

Dear Cedric,

Tell people to start using spoiler tags.

Top one,
David

The big things I'd love to see is actual facial animations (eye movement is essential), alter the shape of Ryo's face to more closely resemble the Dreamcast model (I know it can't be exact), and please for the love of God, show some actual gameplay!

Last edited:
Back