Happy PRIDE!

Araviel

Knowledge is power
Site Staff
Everyone everywhere; happy PRIDE!

I decided to do a topic mainly because of my wonderful dad. He is in many ways (and obviously through no plan of his own) the archetype of privileged, decicion making kind; white, Norwegian to boot (we're all bloody privileged over here to some extent), 50 plus, cis-gender, heterosexual male. He is the union leader at his workplace, elected like 15-20 years in a row. He is not wealthy, my parents are not by any means rich (monetary) with plenty of hardships having hit them and will continue to do so due to health and such. We all have our problems. And yet he still, second year running, takes a hard earned Saturday off to travel to and march in Oslo PRIDE under his workplace's banner. To show solidarity, to show support to those who are still shunned, who are bullied, who are left out because of who they are. He says it doesn't cost him much, but it might mean a lot to someone. Imagine having your coworker, your union leader, taking such a stance for you. He is a true role model, I love him dearly and want to live by his example so; happy PRIDE y'all.

(I can't believe he did the cheek paint, adorbs!)

Great thread. Was never a great student or cared for the US school system much, but did excel in history/social study, English and art. One project I really put a lot of pride and effort into was a report about the Stonewall riots.

Keep up the inclusion and fight for social rights!

Happy Pride! Your father sounds like an amazing person. Youre so lucky. xD.

Hope all my fellow LGBT+ peeps at the dojo are having a fabulous month. ?

Needless post/rude. If there's nothing to add to this discussion then don't!
It's a joke, babe. I'm not homosexual, but if I am able to establish common ground by way of being a little bit mischievous instead of throwing out a generic statement of solidarity, then why not?

Lighten up ?

@ShenmueTree - who said anything about "sexual harassment"?

It's a joke, babe. I'm not homosexual, but if I am able to establish common ground by way of being a little bit mischievous instead of throwing out a generic statement of solidarity, then why not?

Lighten up ?

Given the context of discussion this is why it was flagged. I understand it is likely playful banter (I play football and hear all sorts of filth all the time) but this topic certainly isn't the place for that sort of joke.

Also the TOS refers to the dojo stance on homophobic behaviour (which will not be tolerated) & while I don't for a minute think this here is a case of it, we need to be mindful of the topic and discussion.

That is all.

Lighten up ?

Babe, comedy 101 is context 101...

Anyways, full support to my pride people...much respect...

Felt like resurrecting this. Happy Pride month. 🏳️‍🌈

I think Shenmue was the first game I played that featured LGBT characters in its world, a trend I'm happy they continued with Shenmue 3. 😁

Nice! I forgot to put up anything on last two streams but I did finally remember to mention yesterday

Happy and safe pride celebrations all!

Back