Has Yu said anything about retcons in a post release interview?

The 1&2 look was perfect for that scene. Though I'd argue now that Ryo and Shenhua are travelling through China to some very glamorous locations inspired by Las Vegas (Niaowu), having Shenhua dressed in her village rags would now look a bit odd.

The feature to change Ryo's wardrobe in Shenmue 3 actually realises one of the early cut ideas Yu wanted to do with this series, and that was to have our heroes change-up their outfits for each in-game month to make them feel more 'real' - an extension of the life simulator idea from Shenmue 1.

That's why in some of the early promotional material, Shenhua can be seen wearing many different outfits.

View attachment 19074View attachment 19075View attachment 19076View attachment 19077View attachment 19078View attachment 19079

With that in mind, it's not a huge surprise to me that Shenhua is wearing something new in Shenmue 3. In fact, I expect she'll get another redesign for Shenmue 4 as well.
Will S4 open with our hero’s hiking the Great Wall with Shenhua all of a sudden wearing totally different clothes than S3?

Will S4 open with our hero’s hiking the Great Wall with Shenhua all of a sudden wearing totally different clothes than S3?

Yes. Well, kind of.

Shenhua will be wearing Ren's outfit inside out. Ryo will be wearing Shenhua's outfit. And Ren will be in his birthday suit, save for Ryo's jacket wrapped around his waist to protect his dangly bits.

Yes. Well, kind of.

Shenhua will be wearing Ren's outfit inside out. Ryo will be wearing Shenhua's outfit. And Ren will be in his birthday suit, save for Ryo's jacket wrapped around his waist to protect his dangly bits.
Well I guess it makes sense that the 3 of them would be getting a little frisky with each other during the long trek up the wall. Hopefully Ren has the sense to wash his balls in a river real good before wearing Ryos jacket like that though.

The 1&2 look was perfect for that scene. Though I'd argue now that Ryo and Shenhua are travelling through China to some very glamorous locations inspired by Las Vegas (Niaowu), having Shenhua dressed in her village rags would now look a bit odd.

The feature to change Ryo's wardrobe in Shenmue 3 actually realises one of the early cut ideas Yu wanted to do with this series, and that was to have our heroes change-up their outfits for each in-game month to make them feel more 'real' - an extension of the life simulator idea from Shenmue 1.

That's why in some of the early promotional material, Shenhua can be seen wearing many different outfits.

View attachment 19074View attachment 19075View attachment 19076View attachment 19077View attachment 19078View attachment 19079

With that in mind, it's not a huge surprise to me that Shenhua is wearing something new in Shenmue 3. In fact, I expect she'll get another redesign for Shenmue 4 as well.

Wow! I've seen the 2nd picture, but the rest are new to me. God I love this series; always learning something new <3

Can you imagine Shenhua wearing this in S4? With the hat.

Maybe she can use the scythe to casterate poor Mr. Muscles to make him talk….Ding Ding!

orchcdart07.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JP_
Yu Suzuki plans to use AI to return Shenhua to her normal clothes in S4.

Banana Suit:
ddoiuvk-55382239-048d-4360-8a51-0181bd39cecb.jpg

Classic outfit restored:
Unknown copy 3.jpg

However if Yu Suzuki makes S4 "modern" we will be forced to give us this woke Shenhua instead.
Unknown-2.jpg

Attachments

• Unknown copy.jpg
    Unknown copy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back