Shenmue II
Currently playing
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) & Shenmue
PSN
G'G' Bresler (G_G_official)
Steam
Glow162 (G.G.)
Sorry if this has been discussed before,

but i noticed that I'm not able to sell the "Made in Japan" toy set in Shenmue 2 on PS4.

I have 2 of each item in the set (Saturn games, batteries, etc. etc..) from Shenmue 1,
and I can see them in my inventory in Shenmue 2, but there's no option to sell them as a set in any pawnshop like you could on the original Dreamcast version (or even the individual items for that matter).

Is the HD re-release perhaps based on the Xbox version, and that's why?

Or is this a bug?

Ahh, okay.

I'm a tad bit bummed about that, but that's alright.
We're lucky enough that Sgea rereleased the games at all; so beggars can't be choosers I guess.

It's still kind of curious though. That's only like 5 or 6 items that they would've had to slip into the Xbox version-based port of II.
And in a way, they did:
Since you can still have & look at these Shenmue 1 exclusive items in your Shenmue 2 inventory, that means they made the edit to allow them to be transferred from the first game.
(since the xbox version didn't have any item transfer features, and those items weren't even in that version of the game at all [right?] ).

It's almost as if they intended to have those items function in the second game, and did most of the work in getting them into the second game, but for whatever reason in the end they just couldn't get them to work in the pawnshop system.

And on a side note: I wonder why they didn't allow item transfers from Shenmue 2 to Shenmue 3?

With the games being on the same system in the same format, I feel like it would've been relatively simple to have Shenmue 3 just scan your Shenmue 2 save, and be able to know which items you had & unlock those in your inventory for you.

I was thinking maybe there were some licensing issues with the Sega-related capsule toys (i.e. Virtua Fighter, Sonic),
but then again, I saw several Virtua Fighter posters in random places throughout Shenmue 3, so that must not be the reason.

But I digress upon my digression, and I'm probably just nitpicking at this point lol.

Thanks for the info!

Transitioning from II to III was problematic beacause of differents engines, projects not being devoloped by the same team but reading some interviews about SIII development the main problem should have been licensing items from Sega

Back