Help needed for new Shenmue mini documentary

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Hey everyone, in recent days, I've been toying with the idea of making a mini documentary about Shenmue. It's been hard coming up with topics that haven't been covered by other YouTubers, but I think I've found something that is pretty original.

I'm going to be making an in-depth look at the time leading up to the release of the first Shenmue game, focusing on press events, promotional materials, and more.

Now, I'm not exactly an experienced documentary filmmaker, but I do think that making a documentary would be good practice for both editing and narrative storytelling, and as an amateur filmmaker I consider that to be very important.

As a passionate Shenmue fan who loves to make things for the community (you might've seen the mock-ups I made for the Shenmue Day Tweetathons every fourth of the month), I wanted to do something larger than that I've done previously, and I need your help.

What I need is fairly simple: a source where I can read up on Shenmue's history and how it was marketed. I would also need some videos and images of events relating to this topic, but since the Dojo already has an archive on these things, it's not as much of a priority.

If you have anything that could help me realize this project, I'd appreciate it if you could post it down here. Thanks in advance!

(PS: I could use some help with the name too :p)

Attachments

• Berkley.png
    Berkley.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Phantom River Stone should be your first port of call. Tonnes of information on there related to Shenmue's history and marketing.

As for a name... How about Shenmue: And Thus the Saga's Beginnings? (Okay, that sounds ridiculous, but it was the first thing that came to mind :p)

Phantom River Stone should be your first port of call. Tonnes of information on there related to Shenmue's history and marketing.

As for a name... How about Shenmue: And Thus the Saga's Beginnings? (Okay, that sounds ridiculous, but it was the first thing that came to mind :p)
Thanks, I was already aware of Phantom River Stone but it's nice to see confirmation. Good start with the name, kinda gave me an idea myself: how does Before The Saga Began sound? Thanks again!

Back