Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Hello,

I've just picked up the herb hunting side quest for the village elder you see in the launch trailer.

Now annoyingly I've got all the herbs already but the game wants you to collect more and she mentioned one grows near water. Any idea what that is?

I'm stuck on that quest too. I'm looking for an orange.

I looked up a Youtube video and found it, but I fear I've already picked it up beforehand. So I have no idea if its even possible to get this or if it will fail me.

Does any of this respawn?

I was hoping it would respawn but it doesn't seem to.

I'm stuck on that quest too. I'm looking for an orange.

I looked up a Youtube video and found it, but I fear I've already picked it up beforehand. So I have no idea if its even possible to get this or if it will fail me.

Does any of this respawn?

I was hoping it would respawn but it doesn't seem to.

I don’t know if it randomly spawns but I found some oranges and a peony around Shenhua’s place. I still need the Chai Hu root though no luck finding it.

Correct; there are *2* oranges by Shenhua's house (still have one).

I want to know if they respawn too, after a while.

I don’t know if it randomly spawns but I found some oranges and a peony around Shenhua’s place. I still need the Chai Hu root though no luck finding it.

You are a life saver! I found the two near Shenhua's house after reading this. They were tucked away in a corner I hadn't ventured into.

Side Quest complete.

Now does anyone know if you can actually give the reward to Shenhua? The old lady makes mention that you can either give it to Shenhua or sell it off for cash.

But I haven't been able to figure out how to give it to Shenhua.

Last edited:
You are a life saver! I found the two near Shenhua's house after reading this. They were tucked away in a corner I hadn't ventured into.

Side Quest complete.

Now does anyone if you can actually give the reward to Shenhua? The old lady makes mention that you can either give it to Shenhua or sell it off for cash.

But I haven't been able to figure out how to give it to Shenhua.
Please can you tell me Where did you get the chai hu root??

Please can you tell me Where did you get the chai hu root??

I honestly can’t remember now. it was just something I randomly picked up while Herb Hunting and I can’t remember where. Maybe on the path to Langhuishan? I remember there was one along there that I picked up.

I picked up the orange from outside of Shenhua’s house.
One of the herbs was on the path to Langhuishan.
and I can’t remember exactly where I got the other two from.

if you talk to her again, she will give you hints on areas to look btw.

Most of these herbs are in the rice fields near martial Hall and the fields opposite near the cows.

I honestly can’t remember now. it was just something I randomly picked up while Herb Hunting and I can’t remember where. Maybe on the path to Langhuishan? I remember there was one along there that I picked up.

I picked up the orange from outside of Shenhua’s house.
One of the herbs was on the path to Langhuishan.
and I can’t remember exactly where I got the other two from.

if you talk to her again, she will give you hints on areas to look btw.
Got it! Path to Langhuishan was right! Thanks

How do u get to unlock this side quest for the elder as I’m struggling like most people trying to complete the herbs didn’t even realise there was a quest lol

How do u get to unlock this side quest for the elder as I’m struggling like most people trying to complete the herbs didn’t even realise there was a quest lol
Where are you at in the story? After she refuses to help you (tell you about the bridge) it should unlock if you go back to her and speak

Thanks for the info but I’ve already completed the game funny enough I’m going through the game again on new game +

I've talked to her, started this quest, but then advanced the story and got the belltower tokens from her house before I could deliver her the herbs. She now closes her doors and I am seemingly unable to deliver her the herbs even if I got all 4. It seems I will have to leave Bailu without completing this quest. Be careful, complete this quest before you go to her house after beating the Bailu boss.

Back