Higher Quality Audio for the Launcher. (Sedge Flower)

The Launcher of Shenmue on steam has the song ''Sedge Flower'' playing. Sadly despite the file being a lossless wav the file is mono and using a low sample rate. This substantially improves the quality by upping the sample rate and making the song stereo using a better source.

Download here: https://mega.nz/#!Asg1RSSZ!MRYKhHBBRVzCWvebQw38wdQnXQTvrq9-AQL0UaPEI18

Installation is simple. Simply go to the root of your Shenmue installation folder and you will see the file bg_music.wav. Replace it with the above and you are done. Don't forget to back up your original file just in case.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Great idea! Not that the launcher is the most important place to improve the sound right now but I think it's a good fix regardless.
Why did they decide to save a bit of space by making it this low quality setting. Why couldn't it used some compressed format instead?

Anyway, I find the two sound effects to be more of an offender, especially the movement beep. I remade those by recording them directly from the Dreamcast in a clean audio enviroment. So the launcher can now be fixed entirely!
They are in the exact same place as the music

Attachments

• menusounds.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 223
Yeah it's likely to be taken from the Shenmue II prologue. That is also mono in game and it has been like that since Dreamcast.

The Launcher of Shenmue on steam has the song ''Sedge Flower'' playing. Sadly despite the file being a lossless wav the file is mono and using a low sample rate. This substantially improves the quality by upping the sample rate and making the song stereo using a better source.

Download here: https://mega.nz/#!A1EnkarK!qD8GTcDLOx8Zql-1gIXXJZn-02OEdr41XIvsOzwgxHQ

Installation is simple. Simply go to the root of your Shenmue installation folder and you will see the file bg_music.wav. Replace it with the above and you are done. Don't forget to back up your original file just in case.

Enjoy.

Can you reupload this please?

Can you reupload again? The link is not working anymore

Edit: oops, forget it. It seems like it's a problem with my internet, I will try to solve it here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back