How difficult is to replace Shenmue III gatchas with Shenmue II ones?

Kyo_JP

Today is a Diamond
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
PSN
ElBidimensional
Hi all.

I am not a PC gamer and my knowledge about mods is very limited, but I was asking my self how difficult could be to replace those generic gatchas with Sega ones. As far as I know the first step is to have a list with:
- All Shenmue III gatchas (I would only left ingame the backers one, the Shenmue one and the Arcade Machines ones)
- All Shenmue II Sets
- Decide wich one to replace.

I am planning to buy the Steam version in the future, and I don't know how could I help but I think that this is nto a bad idea.

Yes, it is interesting and possible once someone figures out how to use Shenmue I & II assets in Shenmue 3.
I would like to control Ryo from the old games if possible! but that I figure would be hard to pull off and would probably look weird.

This is a video showing an Unreal Engine game being Modded with a new model

I don't know if it will be easier to Mod/repack Shenmue 3 assets, but since gatchas wont have bones I imagine swapping out existing models with sonic figures or whatever would be fairly straight forward. (I was able to swap toys for characters models in shenmue 2) It would be a lot nicer though to expand the Shenmue 3 Gatcha list to include new objects instead of replacing them.

I belive Shenmue 3 mods are in progress and its just a matter of time before it becomes common place.
It would be much nicer if YsNet helped us and enabled modding by default to extend the life of Shenmue 3 Gameplay

We could use a Sticky Topic on the current state of Shenmue 3 Modding instead of multiple topics asking about the possibility of model swapping. Shenmue 3 Ryo's body mesh is insanely detailed and he has a million bones (even for his jacket!) Swapping his body mesh for a lower poly Shenmue 1/2 model would be a terrible waste of time and he would look massively out of place. Ideally any Shenmue 1/2 Assests ported into Shenmue 3 should be updated to look like modern Shenmue 3 assests

Reactions: Ren
This is a video showing an Unreal Engine game being Modded with a new model

I don't know if it will be easier to Mod/repack Shenmue 3 assets, but since gatchas wont have bones I imagine swapping out existing models with sonic figures or whatever would be fairly straight forward. (I was able to swap toys for characters models in shenmue 2) It would be a lot nicer though to expand the Shenmue 3 Gatcha list to include new objects instead of replacing them.

I belive Shenmue 3 mods are in progress and its just a matter of time before it becomes common place.
It would be much nicer if YsNet helped us and enabled modding by default to extend the life of Shenmue 3 Gameplay

We could use a Sticky Topic on the current state of Shenmue 3 Modding instead of multiple topics asking about the possibility of model swapping. Shenmue 3 Ryo's body mesh is insanely detailed and he has a million bones (even for his jacket!) Swapping his body mesh for a lower poly Shenmue 1/2 model would be a terrible waste of time and he would look massively out of place. Ideally any Shenmue 1/2 Assests ported into Shenmue 3 should be updated to look like modern Shenmue 3 assests

You don't really need a UE4 project built with the 'modding enabled' option to allow for mods. UE4 games are pretty easily modded as-is, by default.

Back