How do I go about creating mods for Shenmue I & II that requires/uses Forklift?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
I want to create a few texture related mods for Shenmue I & II that requires/uses Forklift.

I want to replace the Jet Cola machines textures with the Japanese Dreamcast release's Coca-Cola textures.
I do have a Coca-Cola mod already that requires/uses Forklift but it doesn't seem to replace the textures during the forklift job unfortunately.

Not important enough as the Coca-Cola mod but I would also like to go about uncensoring Shenmue II, which would mean replacing both textures and 3D models.
Here is a video explaining the censorship from Censored Gaming on YouTube.

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂

I want to create a few texture related mods for Shenmue I & II that requires/uses Forklift.

I want to replace the Jet Cola machines textures with the Japanese Dreamcast release's Coca-Cola textures.
I do have a Coca-Cola mod already that requires/uses Forklift but it doesn't seem to replace the textures during the forklift job unfortunately.

Not important enough as the Coca-Cola mod but I would also like to go about uncensoring Shenmue II, which would mean replacing both textures and 3D models.
Here is a video explaining the censorship from Censored Gaming on YouTube.

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂

You can use Forklift to pretty much do any mod that used to work back on DC. What you put inside the mods folder overrides the same stuff in relation to the DC disc image, which is how d3t designed the ports I guess.

You can use Forklift to pretty much do any mod that used to work back on DC. What you put inside the mods folder overrides the same stuff in relation to the DC disc image, which is how d3t designed the ports I guess.

How do I find the names and even the locations so I can find the name of the textures it will be replacing?

How do I find the names and even the locations so I can find the name of the textures it will be replacing?

I'd probably start with the disk archive of the original DC image, probably using wudecon, since it exports basically every file type there is.. just there might be some technical issues. But those are resolved in other tools.

I'd probably start with the disk archive of the original DC image, probably using wudecon, since it exports basically every file type there is.. just there might be some technical issues. But those are resolved in other tools.

I did use Shenmue HD ModTools to look at the archives of the HD versions but it didn't seem to extract it all. I think the app showed something like 17,000 files but on Windows Explorer where it extracted, it didn't show nearly that much. A few hundred max.

Is wudecon a better program to use for this? I presume it supports both Dreamcast and the re-releases?

Back