How do you unlock the secret fights in Shenmue 2?

It takes a number of steps, and they're time sensitive in relation to the plot. (I think you have to have gotten the Wulinshu first for all of them to be available, but it may be a little earlier.)

1. Introduce yourself to Izumi at Tomato Convenience Store (Golden Qr.)
2. Introduce yourself to Eileen in Pigeon Park (she's practicing martial arts by the fountain— again, she won't appear until this point in the plot).
3. Go to the Green Market Qr. and look for the vacant lot; it's in an alley past the guest house in the Northwest corner of the map (see map below).
Normally the entrance (look for the white bricks) is boarded off; however, if you've met both Izumi and Eileen, the boards should disappear (see image below). In the vacant lot, you'll find some items on a table. It is necessary to pick up the bronze medal. Pick up all the items now; once you leave the vacant lot, the entrance is boarded up again for the rest of the game. You can't enter again.
4. Make sure you have at least $20, and then go to the Pine Game Arcade (Golden Qr.); you should now be able to access the third floor via the stairwell. There, you can choose to fight Eileen. If you beat her, you can fight Izumi.
5. Go to the third floor again to fight Izumi. Once you defeat her, you'll earn the silver medal.
6. Go back to the Tomato see Izumi. (I won't spoil anything, but that will be how you get the gold medal.)

I hope this helps!
1684019713763.png1684019820962.png

Last edited:
this and the duck race made shenmue 2 great. its pretty funny they hid them in the game.

the one thing i never did, was the fangmei birthday present event.

this and the duck race made shenmue 2 great. its pretty funny they hid them in the game.

the one thing i never did, was the fangmei birthday present event.
I would love to do the birthday event but seems difficult (and the amount of free time and patience)

I would love to do the birthday event but seems difficult (and the amount of free time and patience)

I think the birthday event is worth it. I am in the process now of starting it. If you do decide to do it create a backup save. I have a save at the 25 and 26 of FEB.

3. Go to the Green Market Qr. and look for the vacant lot; it's in an alley past the guest house in the Northwest corner of the map (see map below).
Normally the entrance (look for the white bricks) is boarded off; however, if you've met both Izumi and Eileen, the boards should disappear (see image below). In the vacant lot, you'll find some items on a table. It is necessary to pick up the bronze medal. Pick up all the items now; once you leave the vacant lot, the entrance is boarded up again for the rest of the game. You can't enter again.

In regards to getting the medal, you can also get it alot sooner by paying the waitress that you bumped into while chasing Wong at the beginning of the game or winning five times in a row at Roll it on Top at the Lucky Charm Quarters.

Back