How much money does Tencent earn for Shenmue III sells?

As someone who tries to be a good person and to do the right thing, i've realised that it's practically impossible to live a life free of complications. Merely existing is likely causing someone else grief - be it the smallest of inconveniences or the worst that humanity has to offer.

I have friends who are big on virtue signalling and I applaud them for it to a degree, but unless I were to simply not exist (which would cause grief for others), then there is simply no way to avoid being an inconvenience for others. Therefore I tell myself that I am a hypocrite and accept that try as best I can, there's no way of avoiding causing an inconvenience for others.

Whilst I get the point, I think there are far bigger fish to fry; loot boxes, predatory monetisation, crunch culture, abuse of employees in the workplace (*cough Ubisoft*)...I don't like the way the biggest companies act, but change can happen - it's just not as quick as we'd like.

Frankly, it took half my energy just to read this and respond. I feel deflated now.

I boycott all the companies you listed, but my list is much bigger.
Also I always try to support local companies or when I have no other choice I buy stuff second hand.

So you don't drive a car, don't use computers and smart phones? Cool. How do you write your messages on this forum?

And if you boycott Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo why are you worried about console and PC games?

This member is literally so annoying 🙄 Every post you’re trying to push some agenda or stir things up. Take a day off FFS
To be fair... I think OP may be onto something. Ever notice how “Shenmue iii fans await shrub thugs” is an anagram of “Human rights abuse is fine with us”? Maybe... maybe we are the problem 😐

OP is screenshotting your replies and sharing it with his Internet mates, accompanied by the message "ROFL".

User was permanently banned for this post: Continued history of provocative behaviour
If you actually want to try and make a difference, there's a great thread on Era with actions that you can take right now to try and make your voice heard instead of cherry picking issues and complaining on forums.
lol yeah sure that's the way to push the own responsibility out of the own comfort zone.
Capitalistic structures are only vulnerable in two ways
1. Bombs
2. Boycott

Petitions... that's a joke right?

This member is literally so annoying 🙄 Every post you’re trying to push some agenda or stir things up. Take a day off FFS
Oh it is ok when you have no ethical values... I mean ok for yourself not for others.
If I was annoyed by someone here I would ignore the person, except I was a troll, then I would post annoying, useless shitty posts like yours.
Wait! Does that mean that you are.... :unsure:

Therefore I tell myself that I am a hypocrite and accept that try as best I can, [..]
And you can't live without Shenmue III?
By the way: My intention was not to point the finger to any Shenmue III players and say "You are bad!" I am a Shenmue III player myself!
Only the trolls here (especially the site stuff person with the chinese nickname) were triggered by the thread title:

How much money does Tencent earn for Shenmue III sells?​

You should ask yourself why.

[...]I think there are far bigger fish to fry[...]
Sure but that's like "Hey eat this dog shit here, cause cat shit does taste even worse."

So you don't drive a car, don't use computers and smart phones? Cool. How do you write your messages on this forum?

And if you boycott Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo why are you worried about console and PC games?
You are a troll too, not being able to read and not willing to understand.
Yes I don't drive a car and I never will, I hate cars.
And as I said before, if I have no choice (but still the intention to consume), I buy second hand products, computers for example.
Smartphone? No I am not a brainfucked zombie.

Funny at the moment I think of Yi "[...]to do the right thing..."
Ah never mind, it's just a game so don't try to get anything good out of it for you personal life.
(But then I wonder why everyone here feels personally attacked when it comes to critics about Shenmue.... :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
lol yeah sure that's the way to push the own responsibility out of the own comfort zone.
Capitalistic structures are only vulnerable in two ways
1. Bombs
2. Boycott

Petitions... that's a joke right?

Oh it is ok when you have no ethical values... I mean ok for yourself not for others.
If I was annoyed by someone here I would ignore the person, except I was a troll, then I would post annoying, useless shitty posts like yours.
Wait! Does that mean that you are.... :unsure:

And you can't live without Shenmue III?
By the way: My intention was not to point the finger to any Shenmue III players and say "You are bad!" I am a Shenmue III player myself!
Only the trolls here (especially the site stuff person with the chinese nickname) were triggered by the thread title:

How much money does Tencent earn for Shenmue III sells?​

You should ask yourself why.

Sure but that's like "Hey eat this dog shit here, cause cat shit does taste even worse."

You are a troll too, not being able to read and not willing to understand.
Yes I don't drive a car and I never will, I hate cars.
And as I said before, if I have no choice (but still the intention to consume), I buy second hand products, computers for example.
Smartphone? No I am not a brainfucked zombie.

Funny at the moment I think of Yi "[...]to do the right thing..."
Ah never mind, it's just a game so don't try to get anything good out of it for you personal life.
(But then I wonder why everyone here feels personally attacked when it comes to critics about Shenmue.... :ROFLMAO:)
Honestly, all of your posts on this site have been nothing but provocative and every single time you're challenged on it, all you respond with is hostility instead of an actual argument.

Take a ban, we're done here.

I mean, I can't answer your question as I simply don't know the answer, but I think if i'm playing devil's advocate here, when Shenmue III was announced, we put our money towards the kickstarter. The kickstarter explained where our money went. I don't know when Tencent purchased part of Epic, but if it was after the kickstarter, then theoretically we haven't done anything wrong.

Better get to catching those chickens in the mountains of Guilin.
This part in the new season of Fortnite reminded me of the chicken catching sequence in Shenmue 3!
Except where the chicken actually flies :ROFLMAO:

This part in the new season of Fortnite reminded me of the chicken catching sequence in Shenmue 3!
Except where the chicken actually flies :ROFLMAO:

Oh man, now I'm actually tempted to reinstall Fortnite just to do some chicken catching!

As someone who tries to be a good person and to do the right thing, i've realised that it's practically impossible to live a life free of complications. Merely existing is likely causing someone else grief - be it the smallest of inconveniences or the worst that humanity has to offer.

I have friends who are big on virtue signalling and I applaud them for it to a degree, but unless I were to simply not exist (which would cause grief for others), then there is simply no way to avoid being an inconvenience for others. Therefore I tell myself that I am a hypocrite and accept that try as best I can, there's no way of avoiding causing an inconvenience for others.

Whilst I get the point, I think there are far bigger fish to fry; loot boxes, predatory monetisation, crunch culture, abuse of employees in the workplace (*cough Ubisoft*)...I don't like the way the biggest companies act, but change can happen - it's just not as quick as we'd like.

Frankly, it took half my energy just to read this and respond. I feel deflated now.
It takes the action of millions and decades of time to affect any real progress in the world. What OP had posted here would require force to realistically ever be changed. I agree with your assessment that merely existing will empower some entities to do evil, if someone has ever bought a bottle of water on a hot day because they were thirsty they likely lined the pockets of Nestle, perhaps the most evil corporation in the world, due to their bodies need for water. There is nothing an individual can really do, and as much as we think it's possible - It really is not, and as I said above it often takes war to fix the fundamental evils we are discussing here. Sorry for bumping this I just thought this was a good post and had thoughts.

Back