How much of your country have you visited or explored?

Go into as much detail as you want, tell us the reasons why and why not. Talk about your town, city, state, country. I'll add more when I'm less tired but will mention a little bit.

A few years ago I had a job that saw me travel to most of the major cities in the UK. Only issue was it was more a short visit than actually being able to explore. Literally a flight from London to Belfast for an hour networking event and back.

Not much tbh, but I'm into cities, not the countryside, and I live in the best one, so 🤷‍♂️

Not as much as i'd like, but since I started traveling more often in the last 5 years, I find going to new places exciting. What's most interesting is what's on my doorstep. Since lockdown, all I could really do is go for a walk in the village, so going with a friend, we would just try different routes and it's scary how much you never see within a 2 or 3 mile radius of where you live!

I'm a weird hybrid in that i'm a country bumpkin, but I do like the city in small doses. Manchester is my favourite city for its culture and having lots of friends up there (plus it has the HOME cinema which is catnip for a pretentious sod like me).

Ooh, like this thread!

Given that Canada is the second largest country in the world by size, it's safe to say I haven't explored it too much lol.

But! I have spent days in (from the West Coast >>>>> East):

Vancouver>Kamloops>Golden>Lake Louise>Banff>Calgary (north, Red Deer, Edmonton. South, Waterton Lakes National Park, which is on the border with Montana)>Medicine Hat> Regina> Winnipeg>Thunder Bay>(starting to head southeast, now) Sault Ste. Marie>Sudbury>Parry Sound>Barrie>Vaughan and you're in Southern Ontario, where I've spent 90+% of my life and have discovered/driven to about 80% of it. Continuing east (and a touch north)>Ottawa>Montreal and that's it. I'll post a visual:

1621519520730.png

Note the scale at the bottom; this is a BIG country lol. It does continue East (from Montreal to St. John's Newfoundland) for about 2,500 KM (driving, which less direct than flying) or so and my wife and will be completing that trip in 2 months, God-willing lol. I'd say I've explored maybe 35% of the country, in terms of cities/towns/etc. (over 1/3 of the country is uninhabitable; Labrador, for example, is like 95% uninhabitable wilderness lol) and after out East, this year, it *may* get to 45%, but I doubt it lol.

Southern Ontario is one big mess, because I've seen almost all of it lol, as mentioned.

Just for comparisons sake, I've spent 17 days of my life in the UK and have been to

1621520590260.png

Edinburgh is one of my favourite places on the planet :D

In terms of landmarks.

• I've drove past Stonehenge but have no desire to visit it properly.
  • I've been in the Palace of Westminster a couple of times. Interesting place and it felt like I could just wonder off into the more private parts and no one was there to stop me once in...
  • The Shard. Ugly building but the toilets in one of the restaurants is pretty call. The urinals are facing the city and it's like you're pissing over the edge.
No where else notable really comes to mind. Not much of a country person but would like to see some of the natural beautifies we have here, especially in Scotland. If it wasn't for work, I would have barely left the city.

I've been to half the states in America. I don't anticipate visiting all of them. Upcoming plans include Florida as I want to take the family to Universal Studios down there. Outside of America, I've been to Victoria Canada and various areas in the Bahamas due to taking my wife on a cruise back in 2009. I also want to do quite a bit of travel to Ireland, Scotland, Germany, England, Australia and more. Sadly, with covid still running amuck, I don't think it'll ever get back to the way it was. Still, I'm more than a decade away from being able to travel around so there's time.

I just returned from a 2 week vacation (hence me not being on the boards much) out east and I can now say that I have been from coast to coast, in Canada! MUCH prefer the East to the West lol.

Back