How should shenmue 4 start

Do you think it should open with them walking on the Great wall or just after or what I think should be done is I think they should backtrack a bit and go back to the boat linger on Mr yuan and shenhua and see a bit of there relationship as in what we got at the end of 3 was well nothing they wasn't even within the same room during dialogue

Also have him elaborate on the prophecy angle a bit as he must be the one who told her that poem of this destiny

But yea or I think it should open with this boat journey as a flashback and then we come to them at the wall of China to open the game with a more compelling start to the journey because at the moment I feel a bit confused as to the motive of shenhua ang her destiny ren and ryu have clear motives but shenhua being with them doesn't really make much sense at the moment

I would imagine in true Shenmue fashion the gang will pitch up in a nearby village/settlement setting the scene for the first part of the game. Case of asking around locals for info on the mountain cave/tomb/whatever it is can't remember right now and how to get there. Maybe get some stories on legends/the mirrors etc while we're there to finally get some answers to the main story.

For once I’d love it if the game started with a bang. The idea of going back to the boat for a huge exposition dump or waiting around in a village to be told the same thing 20 times before Ryo actually acknowledges it doesn’t sound too fun after S3.

For once I’d love it if the game started with a bang. The idea of going back to the boat for a huge exposition dump or waiting around in a village to be told the same thing 20 times before Ryo actually acknowledges it doesn’t sound too fun after S3.

Oh I don't doubt that S4 needs to have oomph in the story to make up for the lack of it in 3. Shenmue's always been a slow-burner to begin with though, so I'm hoping Yu and his team will look at the feedback for 3, focus more on story should 4 come to be, and we'll have a similar situation where 4 trumps 3 like 2 did 1.

I would imagine in true Shenmue fashion the gang will pitch up in a nearby village/settlement setting the scene for the first part of the game. Case of asking around locals for info on the mountain cave/tomb/whatever it is can't remember right now and how to get there. Maybe get some stories on legends/the mirrors etc while we're there to finally get some answers to the main story.
I like this. I foresee it being a bit like Bailu in Shenmue 3.

It would give Ryo time to complete his martial arts training with some Grandmasters in the area before heading to the tomb/temple which is teeming with Chi You Men. Then, the pace can pick up a bit for the rest of the game ala Shenmue 2.

A long ass hike up the Great Wall of China with hilarious dialouge with Ren, Shenhua and Ryo mixed in with some QTE's for good measure.
Yea it would actually be nice to see Ryu ten and shenhua actually all interact with eachother and develop a dynamic it was hinted at in 3 but wasn't developed beyond like one scene between the 3 of them

I want alot of character interaction leading up to a bit of an action set piece opening that will slow down a bit later. Start the game with a bang before easing back into being very shenmue like. But the character interaction part is what I want more than anything, I want to see a group dynamic established cause I hated that we never really got to see ren interact with shenhua or how shenhua might influence ren and ryo's dynamic. The most we got in 3 was just ren saying the thousandth "yo ryo you got a girlfriend" comment.

I like this. I foresee it being a bit like Bailu in Shenmue 3.

It would give Ryo time to complete his martial arts training with some Grandmasters in the area before heading to the tomb/temple which is teeming with Chi You Men. Then, the pace can pick up a bit for the rest of the game ala Shenmue 2.
There needs to be a meeting with the master that wrote that poetry scroll. And training ala predictive explosion. Not new moves, but making your existing ones count. That would make total sense later when he meets Lan Di.

A long ass hike up the Great Wall of China with hilarious dialouge with Ren, Shenhua and Ryo mixed in with some QTE's for good measure.
Do you think it should open with them walking on the Great wall or just after or what I think should be done is I think they should backtrack a bit and go back to the boat linger on Mr yuan and shenhua and see a bit of there relationship as in what we got at the end of 3 was well nothing they wasn't even within the same room during dialogue

Also have him elaborate on the prophecy angle a bit as he must be the one who told her that poem of this destiny

But yea or I think it should open with this boat journey as a flashback and then we come to them at the wall of China to open the game with a more compelling start to the journey because at the moment I feel a bit confused as to the motive of shenhua ang her destiny ren and ryu have clear motives but shenhua being with them doesn't really make much sense at the moment

That's not the actual Great Wall of China. Its the abandoned lower parts further south of China that are not connected at all. Thats why they looked all fucked up and ruined. The Great Wall is way further up north.

There needs to be a meeting with the master that wrote that poetry scroll. And training ala predictive explosion. Not new moves, but making your existing ones count. That would make total sense later when he meets Lan Di.

There also needs to be a better implementation of Lan Di's moveset. He defeated Ryo with a simple behind the back arm twist. Kinda lame tbh.
That over the arm leg kick was nice though as well as his side kick blast to Ren.
Need to know what actual style Lan Di uses. Maybe bring back Xiuying into the fold so we can learn more about that.
I like that they introduced Xin Yi Liu He Quan and elements of Baguazhang in this game. Should elaborate on those more into his Bajiquan learning. Also throw some actual Wing Chun in there since the Mook Jong dummies were sorely misused in this game (why need them for horse stance??)
Wing Chun might help Ryo defeat Lan Di. He seems like a close quarters fighter.

Back