How to access story quest dlc

i still have that problem that i got no notification but it updated for me.

question for you guys:
Any of you didnt purchase Battle Rally?
i didnt buy it since i wasnt interested in it but i did buy story dlc..

Maybe i dont get notification because i dont own battle rally?

It works now. I don't used this savegame, tried it from my NG+. After Ryo showed Shenhua the photo and he was at the buddha-shop he was transported to the hotel. After that i was going outside and Zhang was on his table and the cut-scene appears.
Yeah but remember you need to progress until the red snake boss fight to complete the whole dlc

ok this is .. like a big let down for me.

i bought just for the lulz Battle Rally so i own both dlc's.
suddenly it shows "DLC: Added story quest pack".
this is a joke right? u need to have the other DLC? there is no mention for having it like wtf.

??? I don't get your question.

i just bought Story DLC first because i had no interests in Battle Rally DLC. it didnt show me any notification that Story Pack DLC was added. but on Epic Games Store it was "Owned". i played without Battle Rally DLC until you should see this guy and nothing happened.

i bought Battle Rally DLC and suddenly i get notifications that both dlc are now activated.

u actually need BOTH dlc's to play story pack. u cant buy only story pack. this is some bullshit no joke.

Of course you don't need both DLC's. If anything it's probably another bug from EGS.

Yeah probably u dont need both DLC's but when i started Shenmue 4 without Battle Rally DLC i didnt get that notification..
well whatever guess ill gonna play Story Pack now and after that Battle Rally.. xD

I loaded a save from the last section before you go to the castle. I’m searching for the boat now and still at the hotel. I have the DLC but no notifications of where or how to use it. Am I too late in the game to access it?

I loaded a save from the last section before you go to the castle. I’m searching for the boat now and still at the hotel. I have the DLC but no notifications of where or how to use it. Am I too late in the game to access it?

Yes from that save you are. Once Shenhua is
captured
the side quest becomes unavailable.

Perhaps not the best place to post this but a bit of a rant...

Why did they chop this story thread out of the game? This would've given a bit more meat to the bones of the story. I hate this kind of DLC which is basically a major piece of the game given a ransom to fully access.

Imagine if this was in from the start? It would've given more depth, scope and diversity. It would've been more interesting basically.

Now I'm playing the whole story thread content in one specific order without anything else to break it up. It's now been reduced to 'go here, talk. go there, move cups' over and over.

Be interesting to see if folks can divorce their minds from the story pre-DLC and play the game clean, from the start, with the DLC story content added. Bet it's a much better experience.

No disrespect but it's annoying to see this kinda butchery. I doubt it would've dramatically changed perception or improved review scores. But it'd be a more complete Shenmue experience.

Very unhappy about this because of all the 'What If' moments this has now raised.

Why did they chop this story thread out of the game? This would've given a bit more meat to the bones of the story. I hate this kind of DLC which is basically a major piece of the game given a ransom to fully access.

Imagine if this was in from the start? It would've given more depth, scope and diversity. It would've been more interesting basically.

Now I'm playing the whole story thread content in one specific order without anything else to break it up. It's now been reduced to 'go here, talk. go there, move cups' over and over.

Be interesting to see if folks can divorce their minds from the story pre-DLC and play the game clean, from the start, with the DLC story content added. Bet it's a much better experience.

No disrespect but it's annoying to see this kinda butchery. I doubt it would've dramatically changed perception or improved review scores. But it'd be a more complete Shenmue experience.

Very unhappy about this because of all the 'What If' moments this has now raised.
Will tell you next year when it is out on Steam, or if it is released in other platforms since I plan to replay it in all platforms available, so next time the DLC will be integrated. I think that it will be MUCH better in a normal run, the fact that the point of contact is next to the hotel looks like it is to check it at the end or begining of your regular day.

This is a point I raised too. As a standalone DLC its meh. But as a part of the whole game it fits nicely and would have enhanced a first run IMO

To start the quest you need to progress until you show shenhua father picture to the budha shop then he will appear next to the hotel but to unlock every quest you need to progress the first fight with the red snake boss if you dont he will not appear

To start the quest you need to progress until you show shenhua father picture to the budha shop then he will appear next to the hotel but to unlock every quest you need to progress the first fight with the red snake boss if you dont he will not appear

I am too far in the game actually. I need to load an earlier save. I’m one day before leaving for the castle. Code I name helped answer this one.

Just start a new game + and play it while doing dlc.. there are some parts where no one is showing near hotel so u proceed story until muscle guy^^

I confirm the following way worked for me to activate the Story Quest Pack (no spoilers):

PS4 version 1.05
1. Download Story Quest pack and install it
2. Start a new game+ (new game after completing the game, choose Niaowu)
3. Go to Niaowu Hotel and sleep
4. Wake up, go out and talk to someone until you get told to go to the pier to find a photo of Mr Yuen
5. Take the photo and run to the Buddha shop in Vendor Avenue (its
6. Talk to the kid
7. Skip to 8pm when his dad is back, talk to his dad
8. Run back to the Niaowu hotel and sleep (save if you want)
9. Wake up, go out and turn left, then another left. A cutscene should be activated and you finally meet Mr Zhang.

This is indeed quite tricky.
hope this helps.

Back