How to access story quest dlc

What's with all the tumbleweed from Epic, YsNet and Koch? There's clearly a few problems with the DLC on both PS4 and PC - are they just going to carry on pretending there's nothing wrong?
I think on ps4 it's just lack of proper communication, on the pc side of things it just flat out doesn't exist :tearsofjoy: This is a mess!

In which situations it doesn't work? I didn't play the DLC yet, but...

Spoiler from the main game inside:
.. is Shenhua important for the quest?
Because then it absolutely understandable won't work with a savefile when she's already kidnapped.

Because that's what my only Niaowu savefile was, next to the completed game file, or NG+ or whatever they call it ^^
But shortly after the arrival in Niaowu it worked without problems. I made a savefile when you can already see Zhang around the corner, but the video sequence isn't triggered and I will play it today.

(only talking about the PS4 version here)

Its worked on all my saves first time. Both normal and NG+. Theres a definite bug though, given the amount of people having issues.

In which situations it doesn't work? I didn't play the DLC yet, but...

Spoiler from the main game inside:
.. is Shenhua important for the quest?
Because then it absolutely understandable won't work with a savefile when she's already kidnapped.

Because that's what my only Niaowu savefile was, next to the completed game file, or NG+ or whatever they call it ^^
But shortly after the arrival in Niaowu it worked without problems. I made a savefile when you can already see Zhang around the corner, but the video sequence isn't triggered and I will play it today.

(only talking about the PS4 version here)

Lots of people reporting they are unable to trigger the DLC on NG+ even past day one in Niaowu. Lots of people also reporting they are unable to trigger the DLC with save files at various points in Niaowu.

I´m using the PS4 version.
I tried a save file before the castle and a NG+ but it did not work for me.

I tried several save files and one actually worked! The save file was from the part when you need a VIP referral. 2Pmt31D.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried 3 different save files at Niaowu, each have gotten to a point where the book tells me to progress the main story, but I'm literally right before the final area

No Spoilers, but after meeting with the first contact of Zhang on The Promenade. How do you trigger the next scene where you're supposed to go to the side of Hotel again? I had to sleep since it was late after the first contact, but when I went to the side of the building the next morning nothing was triggered. I should mention that I did meet with the owner of the Buddha shop where Yuan was in the photo. Should I not have done that or does that not matter?

I'm sure someone may have already said this, but it will not trigger if you are at the point after Shenhua is kidnapped - due to her playing a key role towards the end of the quest
I tried with my other save from just before she gets kidnapped, after I do chawan sign 5 and speak to Mai, it tells me to do other things (progress story, I guess) and wait for him to contact me... but nothing has happened and he doesnt appear on the chair :(

EDIT: nevermind, you're supposed to sleep and he'll be there in the morning

Last edited:
it's a reminder.
PS: Added you on Steam.

You can add people it doesn't mean they are going to buy Yakuza. Besides the latest game wasn't much better but like Tekken it had Sony's big marketing dick. At the end of the day it can be just as blindly repetitive.

Outside of having more screen tearing than a game made in 2007 I don't see the premise being too far away.

... Not... Come on they are two separate games. XD

pc better be fixed by the end of the day

It's working fine for me on a NG+ on PS4. All I had to do was as already recommended: reach the buddist shop and inquire about Yuan.

I'm now progressing the story DLC alongside the main story so I can finish it, I believe by reaching the first phase of the Red Snake's boss fight.

I'm playing the PC version.

I've tried multiple saves without any joy.
I'm giving up until the next DLC, I'm not wasting any more time messing about with this.

Back